Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..

I was wondering if there are any NFL fans out there? I'm becoming a big fan the more I watch the sport..

I know a lot of people compare the american football to our rugby but it's nothing like rugby to be fair.. the nfl is more to do with tactics rather than creative play or pure strength..

It's quite hard to get into at first until you get to understand some of the play etc..

I'm a Chicago BEARS fan btw ;-)

Take care,
Heather x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
the fridge william perry and don mareeno do they still play.

use to play it on my mega drive

i like it but they just need to speed it up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
bryn_keeno said:
the fridge william perry and don mareeno do they still play.

use to play it on my mega drive

i like it but they just need to speed it up
They are long gone mate :D

Its a decent enough sport to watch (Id watch any sport to be fair)
but all the breaks in play and ads etc. are just a pain in the hole :rolleyes:

Talk to Reddwarf, he is our resident NFL lover...:)

found this...He's a Dolphins fan the poor sod ;-)
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/pub/5089-dolphins-win.html
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,929 Posts
NFL...Ye, of course I am!

Dublin did well thi syear, bit below par but did well nonetheless.

Pity they're in Division 2 though...:rolleyes:




lol...Anyways, wouldn't watch it mate. Played a bit this year but hate the way its so stop starty! :eek:...

...great game when it gets going!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
MAJIC , Ive been watching for years. My team hasnt been doing to good lately but we were first to 5 superbowls win . I met RICE in the mid 90's!
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Talk to Reddwarf, he is our resident NFL lover...:)

He's a Dolphins fan the poor sod ;-)
That's me! :D

Yeah, I've been following the Dolphins ever since I went on holiday to the States as a kid and my dad bought me a Dolphins top.

I watch every televised game. I record the ones on early in the morning over here and watch them the next day but I take the day off work after the Super Bowl so I can watch it live.

I was at the game at Wembley between the Giants and the Dolphins last year. I never thought for a second I was watching the team that would become Super Bowl champions narrowly beat the Dolphins. In fact, I bet against them in the Super Bowl and was gutted when they scored the winning touch down with just seconds remaining.

It'll be interesting to see how the Patriots react because they are still the best team in the football league but after missing out on the undefeated streak and the Super Bowl it could be difficult for them to reach top form again.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
First pre-season game is live on Sky Sports in the early hours of Monday morning for anyone who's interested.

Not even sure who's playing tbh - I just saw it in the listings. Programme starts at 1am.
 

·
Im not fat... im sex.
Joined
·
8,817 Posts
MagicScholes18 said:
Hey..

I was wondering if there are any NFL fans out there? I'm becoming a big fan the more I watch the sport..

I know a lot of people compare the american football to our rugby but it's nothing like rugby to be fair.. the nfl is more to do with tactics rather than creative play or pure strength..

It's quite hard to get into at first until you get to understand some of the play etc..

I'm a Chicago BEARS fan btw ;-)

Take care,
Heather x
more of a baseball fan for some reason but i do enjoy the NFL when its on andi loved the last super bowl was an awsome spetical, have to say im keen on the atlanta falcon's not sure why haha
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
The 1st pre-season game is the Indy Colts, with the brilliant Peyton Manning, against my younger brother's team the Washington Redskins. Come on Colts!

My younger bro isn't anywhere near into NFL as much as I am but he got a Redskins t-shirt when I got the Dolphins t-shirt when we were kids so there is a bit of sibling rivalry there. :D

My prediction is the Dolphins will not be the worst team in the football league this season. I'm watching you Cleveland Browns!!!
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
reddwarf said:
The 1st pre-season game is the Indy Colts, with the brilliant Peyton Manning, against my younger brother's team the Washington Redskins. Come on Colts!

My younger bro isn't anywhere near into NFL as much as I am but he got a Redskins t-shirt when I got the Dolphins t-shirt when we were kids so there is a bit of sibling rivalry there. :D

My prediction is the Dolphins will not be the worst team in the football league this season. I'm watching you Cleveland Browns!!!
Mate, the Browns went 10-6 last year. The team you should ALWAYS bet to be the worst is the Detroit Lions. Believe me, I live 20 minutes from the stadium, they're always terrible, always will be. They've never even made the super bowl. Not to mention the first 2 picks they had in the draft, are going to jail.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
piazza said:
Mate, the Browns went 10-6 last year. The team you should ALWAYS bet to be the worst is the Detroit Lions. Believe me, I live 20 minutes from the stadium, they're always terrible, always will be. They've never even made the super bowl. Not to mention the first 2 picks they had in the draft, are going to jail.
I know :p

The Browns were rubbish for 4 years prior to that. Last season was a fluke :D

I'm predicting they'll return to form next season. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
reddwarf said:
Brett Favre has signed for the New York Jets. I never thought he'd play for anyone but the Packers. :eek:
yeah I saw that. He still has a bit to offer. he wasnt getting the contract
at Green bay was he? :confused:
I saw crying at his press conference, poor chap.
Top player though......He has sold more jerseys than any other player
in NFL history as far as Im aware, and doesnt he have the record for
yards gained through touch downs or summat?
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
yeah I saw that. He still has a bit to offer. he wasnt getting the contract
at Green bay was he? :confused:
I saw crying at his press conference, poor chap.
Top player though......He has sold more jerseys than any other player
in NFL history as far as Im aware, and doesnt he have the record for
yards gained through touch downs or summat?
He was still under contract, Green Bay just didn't want him to be their starter. They actually offered him $25 mil. to do a job which equates to just sitting at home. He's to proud to back someone up, thus they traded him. This was, and still is the only thing anyone ever talks about in this country.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
The NFL season kicks off this Thursday as the Super Bowl champions, New York Giants, start at home against the Washington Redskins.

My team, the Miami Dolphins are live on Sky this Sunday as they take on the New York Jets. Goooooooooooo Dolphins! :D

The Glazers' Tampa Bay Buccaneers are also scheduled to be live on Sky, hurricanes permitting, as they face the New Orleans Saints. Anyone over in the States know whether this fixture is likely to go ahead?

Although perhaps the most interesting opening fixture is the Chicago Bears travelling to the Indiannapolis Colts in a repeat of the 2007 Super Bowl. Should be a great game of football.
 

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
Joined
·
8,772 Posts
I will start watching NFL this year after buying Madden 09. I picked the Dallas Cowboys in that so I would pick them as my favourite team
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
reddwarf said:
The NFL season kicks off this Thursday as the Super Bowl champions, New York Giants, start at home against the Washington Redskins.

My team, the Miami Dolphins are live on Sky this Sunday as they take on the New York Jets. Goooooooooooo Dolphins! :D

The Glazers' Tampa Bay Buccaneers are also scheduled to be live on Sky, hurricanes permitting, as they face the New Orleans Saints. Anyone over in the States know whether this fixture is likely to go ahead?

Although perhaps the most interesting opening fixture is the Chicago Bears travelling to the Indiannapolis Colts in a repeat of the 2007 Super Bowl. Should be a great game of football.
Yes, the Saints game is supposed to go on. The Super Dome is fine, and suffered no effects from the Hurricaning.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
I will start watching NFL this year after buying Madden 09. I picked the Dallas Cowboys in that so I would pick them as my favourite team
Good choice.

The Dallas Cowboys are one of the most successful teams in NFL history with 5 Super Bowl wins (a record only matched by San Francisco and Pittsburgh). Glory hunter :p :D

Although they have not won it since 1996 they are a sure bet to reach the playoffs this season imo.
 
1 - 20 of 192 Posts
Top