Manchester United Talk banner

Any word on our injuries after Wigan?

1K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Jay007 
#1 ·
Tevez was injured, so too Evans after that game. Hope Tevez will be fit for the Bolton game, as I don't at all fancy a Welbeck Berbatov partnership (forced experiment). And Evans out would mean what centre back partnership? Vidic - Neville maybe? Not O'Shea surely? - he got skinned loads of times in the Wigan game.

#6 ·
tony smyth said:
Tevez was injured, so too Evans after that game. Hope Tevez will be fit for the Bolton game, as I don't at all fancy a Welbeck Berbatov partnership (forced experiment). And Evans out would mean what centre back partnership? Vidic - Neville maybe? Not O'Shea surely? - he got skinned loads of times in the Wigan game.
o sheais a top centre back with ireland when he plays there he just needs osomeone to talk to him and someone with experince and vidic does both so if jos plays centre back ill have no worries!

#7 ·
cantos red army said:
o sheais a top centre back with ireland when he plays there he just needs osomeone to talk to him and someone with experince and vidic does both so if jos plays centre back ill have no worries!
Agreed, but hopefully evans will play. We no longer have anelka to worry about at bolton, but davies can be a pain in the ass. I wonder what their injury/suspension situation is. Pretty grim at the emirates.

#8 ·
moondog said:
Agreed, but hopefully evans will play. We no longer have anelka to worry about at bolton, but davies can be a pain in the ass. I wonder what their injury/suspension situation is. Pretty grim at the emirates.
ohh god ya hopefully evans will be ok to play but if hes not o shea can do a good job in there and hes been one of irelands best players under il trapp but the thing is if he moves into centre back who moves out left :confused: fabio?

ya agreed but i think that vida will be able to handle him espiccily in the form hes in!im more concerd with how were going to break them down if they get 10 men behind the ball because rooney would have been a major factor in the succses imo but with tevez hes abit rusty and berba tends to drop deep maybe its a game for young danny wellbeck who seems to like to stay up top? dont see it happining though

#9 ·
marjon said:
Ha ha O'Shea. He shouldnt even be playing for Manchester United.....

Even he's a decent player, but why SAF keep him...He's a very versatile player....You can play him in the midfield, defensive....He can be a goalkeeper and maybe a striker....Remember last season, he's a goalkeeper in one match I didn't remember and plus he's a striker at certain moment...

#10 ·
cantos red army said:
ohh god ya hopefully evans will be ok to play but if hes not o shea can do a good job in there and hes been one of irelands best players under il trapp but the thing is if he moves into centre back who moves out left :confused: fabio?

ya agreed but i think that vida will be able to handle him espiccily in the form hes in!im more concerd with how were going to break them down if they get 10 men behind the ball because rooney would have been a major factor in the succses imo but with tevez hes abit rusty and berba tends to drop deep maybe its a game for young danny wellbeck who seems to like to stay up top? dont see it happining though
You kind of wish now that Fergie had given Fabio some significant pl playing time.
Oh well, not for the faint of heart! As for our attack, it's gotta be

Berba-time! :D

#11 ·
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
Even he's a decent player, but why SAF keep him...He's a very versatile player....You can play him in the midfield, defensive....He can be a goalkeeper and maybe a striker....Remember last season, he's a goalkeeper in one match I didn't remember and plus he's a striker at certain moment...
agsint spurs;)

john o shea is probably the most useful squad player in the world if you ask me

#13 ·
tony smyth said:
I got this from the United web site hope it clears up your question .

16/01/2009 12:21, Report by Ben Hibbs
Fitness test for Tevez, Evans

Carlos Tevez and Jonny Evans will both have to prove their fitness on Saturday morning as Sir Alex Ferguson faces up to an injury-enforced selection dilemm ahead of the visit to Bolton Wanderers.

The pair picked up knocks in the midweek victory over Wigan and are not yet ready to be passed fit, hence the need for a 10am test.

“We limped over the line on Wednesday night, when we picked up quite a few injuries. At this time I couldn't tell you what my side is going to be," the boss told reporters at his pre-match press conference.

“We've got fitness tests on two players, possibly three, on Saturday morning. [Carlos] Tevez and [Jonny] Evans are major doubts. They will have a fitness test at 10am. There are one or two others that are doubtful."

If Evans were to miss the trip to the Reebok, it would hit United in a position that is already suffering from numerous absentees. Gary Neville may step in alongside Nemanja Vidic at centre-back, while Reserves captain James Chester is another possibility.

“I've brought James Chester into the squad," added Sir Alex. "Although he hasn't played in the first team, he is still a capable young player. If it has to be, then it has to be. That's why we have a big squad.

“But with Wes, Rio and Patrice all out, it would be a major blow if Evans isn't available, particularly because of the form he has been in.â

#16 ·
VaVaVoom said:
Your not thinking Canto, if O'Shea playes CB then who's gonna play LB?
i actully siad that in the bolton match day thread ;) :p yes i know it would leave us with only fabio at left back but id rather o shea in the centre than gaz tbh at least o shea plays there reguarly with ireland gaz doesnt play centre half since his days baock in the youths and when he 1st broke throgh! hopefully evans will pass the late fitness test anyway

#18 ·
marjon said:
No, he cant tackle, cant jump, cant head, cant pass. One good season, the rest no so good!!
You're a joker :rolleyes:
According to you he cant do anything yet he has played over 300 games for United...
amazing that really:confused:
He has also been part of what might become a new record. Currently on 9
Prem clean sheets in a row and he has played a major role in that.

So what do you suggest? get rid of O'Shea?
And do you expect us to have a 30m utility player warming the bench waiting for his
opportunity to play? and would you expect him to be happy with that?

Its players like Fletch, Park and O'Shea that get a bad name but they are the type
of guys we NEED in the squad. They dont complain and are great for the team spirit
and they always give 100% when called upon.

Just cos he got skinned alive by Valencia that makes him sh1t does it?
cant jump, cant tackle, cant pass??? pull the other one mate...:rolleyes:
Valencia is a class player so there is no shame in getting skinned a few times,
its not as if he had much help from Nani or Anderson was it? He was isolated
on numerous occasions. and anyway we kept a clean sheet didnt we? so in yer face mofo :p

Either way, you are welcome to the forum, but I seriously hope the standard of
your posts improve cos they are shocking tbh :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.