Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anyone else slightly dissapointed with the trophy celebrations

* All too formal. Only Giggs and Rio were holding trophies. Should have been more of a lap of honour parade

* Seemed bit embarrasing to have 3/4 of the players to have never played a competitive first team match posing with two of the greatest club trophies of all time. Reminiscent of the chelsea guard of honour in season 06/07 when dong and co. stepped out

* official photographer getting the way which meant you got no shot that didnt have a guy with a humongous lens in the way.

Whatever we win this season, we must have a bus and have it open-topped and lets rip Manchester up.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
They'll always find a reason to not allow a parade around Manchester. United just don't want to pay for anything.

It was an anti-climax yesterday. The players would obviously prefered to have paraded them the morning after the game.

Parading them in front of a bunch of JCL's who haven't been to, or won't go to another game, and are just blowing horns in their faces. When the support which got them through the whole of last season will be at Newcastle, where they should of been paraded - even though it still would be a let down.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
It was TBH, but it was never really going to be huge after not being allowed a
parade.

Other teams wouldn't do it anyways.....short but sweet IMO

Good for Rafael and fabio to be parading trophies before even playing a
competitive game...

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah better than not doing anything but it was so low-key, I have got to dig the key up to find that the key was so low LOL

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keano! said:
Good for Rafael and fabio to be parading trophies before even playing a
competitive game...
Not sure about good.... maybe it was cringy for them as they had nowt to
do with winning the things. Nice touch maybe, but it just seemed odd to me.
Bring on Newcastle.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Definatly an anti-climax

It was never going to be anything special but it did all seem a bit too formal to me and like others have said not many real match going fans were there last night.

If we were goint to do anything, it should have been done back in May but I guess United in the end weren't able to or didn't want to spend money on doing anything.

It's a shame really :(.

·
Registered
169 Posts
the parade last night was a disappointment.could not get any really decent pictures to be honest and the game was more like a sunday league kickabout.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
hm....yeah...it wasn't what it should have been...let's hope if next year we win something...or everything...we'll have a the greatest parade ever...the players deserve that

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
it was not that exciting when they came out... they should have run with it !! haha i was wishing like that before the game

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wahmeiman said:
the parade last night was a disappointment.could not get any really decent pictures to be honest and the game was more like a sunday league kickabout.
that sums last night up to a tee. Anyone else getting annoyed with the Scholes 'Shoot!!!' shouts from the crowd. Must be off-putting for the guy.

Was funny on Sat when it was a celebration for Ole but just irrates.

If we play like that against Portsmouth on Sunday, we wont win. They will be up for it. Early chance of silverware.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
took a picture from stretford end and when i looked at it. bout half of the players were actually looking at camera.

it was just to drag in the people who may have been put off by it being a night game.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You can thank those Rangers hun scumbags for that! we deserved a parade for such an achievment! Rangers should have been banned from Europe for 5 years for that display!

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eoininho said:
You can thank those Rangers hun scumbags for that! we deserved a parade for such an achievment! Rangers should have been banned from Europe for 5 years for that display!
At least they wont be seeing european football this season. Deserves the c**** right for taking it out on Manchester for their team being a load of bullcrap.

Scottish Football is such a joke. Need to create violence to make it exciting. Wouldnt even make Premier League if they played in England.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I didn't even bother watching it tbh. I only watched the review of last season and the last few minutes of the build up to the game.

Even if I'd been at the stadium I think I'd have been getting a few beers down me before the game rather than watch them walk around the pitch with the trophies.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
eoininho said:
We wouldn't of had one even if Rangers were the best behaved supporters.
It was just an excuse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts