Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice there are alot of threads currently complaining about one thing or another or whats wrong with us and where its all apparently gone lost etc and all these threads are all entitled there opinions so thats why i am starting this one since i am entitled to mine aswell!

Seriously i may be or atleast try to be a positive person in general but am i the only one who thinks there not much wrong right now!??

Loads of potential, match winners, plenty of big names and experience and desire withing the young players to want more, world class manager, amazing stadium, top quality football...In ronaldo we have with messi the most exciting footballer in the world...we have kids coming through...EVRA!...quality left back!...With berbatov in the team there will be even more chances for the team to score than before! Anderson and Nani still getting better...emergence of rafael, we have not even seen his 'better' brother yet...fletcher having improved loads...he seems to be doing hargos job well at the moment...ummm...rio vidic, rooney...tevez is still here! lol...

we are 8 points behind...but if we were just slightly more clinical in front of goal we would be even closer...

This all with us having carlos leave in the summer unexpected and ronaldos surgery and it takes time to get things back into shape when your best player...the one that everything revolves around is out of the team...your right hand man leaves for portugal and it takes the team abit of time to settle.

I know this thread is abit hasty with the difficult matches coming up but honestly...there is so much positive than negative to talk about with united, i just thought i'd make a positive thread and say i for one believe and i know there are more than just me who are calm about our current situation and are still looking at the rest of the season with confidence, hope and optimism!

pz! :cool:

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
good thread and i feel positive too . three in a row is very rare and maybe we will be succesful elsewhere -- maybe retain champions league or win the fa cup as thats overdue . we will not be to far away come may as there is as you say so much quality in the side

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
To be fair i think chelsea are favourites for the league but i think we should be lucking at winning the champs league ahead of the league. I know everyone wants to get ahead of liverpool on titles but for united to have won the champs league 3 times is not good enough for a club of our stature.

S

·
0 Posts
No, no positive threads allowed on here. :eek:

We're doomed i tell you.

We'll get Delapped 3 times, SAF will walk out, Ronaldo will shave his head,
Rooney will get caught in the gents wearing a thong, OT will be turned into
an American Football stadium, the tea lady will forget the sugar and be forced to
play in the reserves.

DOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEDD !!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
To be fair i think chelsea are favourites for the league but i think we should be lucking at winning the champs league ahead of the league. I know everyone wants to get ahead of liverpool on titles but for united to have won the champs league 3 times is not good enough for a club of our stature.
for so long for me it was 4-1 to the dippers on the cl front so getting to 5-4 would be mint . i agree with you on chelsea -they dont seem to take foot off gas when they get ahead like they used to so games they drew under grant i see them winning under scolari . as long as scousers dont win i wont be too gutted if we cant do the hat-trick .

still maybe joe coles missus will cop off with kilroy in the jungle and chelskis morale plunge faster than romans bank balance . i live in hope or even better navratilova turns her to the carpet munchers :D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
haggler said:
for so long for me it was 4-1 to the dippers on the cl front so getting to 5-4 would be mint . i agree with you on chelsea -they dont seem to take foot off gas when they get ahead like they used to so games they drew under grant i see them winning under scolari . as long as scousers dont win i wont be too gutted if we cant do the hat-trick .

still maybe joe coles missus will cop off with kilroy in the jungle and chelskis morale plunge faster than romans bank balance . i live in hope or even better navratilova turns her to the carpet munchers :D
i know this might not be a popular opinion but i quite like chelsea under scolari, going on the attack but still trying to keep a solid balanced team. I don't think their style is that suite to european football but in the league they look pretty damn good, and more than that against the lower to mid range clubs.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
i know this might not be a popular opinion but i quite like chelsea under scolari, going on the attack but still trying to keep a solid balanced team. I don't think their style is that suite to european football but in the league they look pretty damn good, and more than that against the lower to mid range clubs.
shhhh they are playing some rather nice football too . one of the goals in the recent 5-0 was superb in its simplicity . i think we can all admit that they look much better to watch . liverpool are getting all the luck at the moment and torres is brilliant , lets hope they come down like the xmas decs and start having a few bobbins displays against the fulhams of the world

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
haggler said:
shhhh they are playing some rather nice football too . one of the goals in the recent 5-0 was superb in its simplicity . i think we can all admit that they look much better to watch . liverpool are getting all the luck at the moment and torres is brilliant , lets hope they come down like the xmas decs and start having a few bobbins displays against the fulhams of the world
I would say i don't expect chelsea to drop of much thye might lose the odd game but i think it will take something special from us to win the league this year. If we can keep in touch until christmas i could see us hitting some form and going unbeaten until the end of the season as all our big games are at home after christmas.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
Id agree with this post but Id also agree with United OG's as well.
Im positive that we will do well this season but that may not include winning the Prem.
but youre right, there is WAY too much doom and gloom, far more than there should be.

lol at TKF

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
We win a game 5-0.... a player scores 2 and gets an assist a people still having pop shots at him!!

Im happy, i dont have any problems with any player after today and thats how it should be!!

Fair play........ happy times!!! Great performence all round!!!

Z

·
0 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
We win a game 5-0.... a player scores 2 and gets an assist a people still having pop shots at him!!

Im happy, i dont have any problems with any player after today and thats how it should be!!

Fair play........ happy times!!! Great performence all round!!!
Well said.

And extra points for having a sly dig at Keano ;)

Z

·
0 Posts
haggler said:
blade and keano have had a tiff over abos ban ;)
I didn't ban him and Keano doesn't have the power to, as it happens I think we both agree it was deserved :p

I just disagree with his slagging of Ronaldo even though he's playing very wel.l

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Nobody is immune from criticism, especially a footballer on 100k a week. I lost count of how many times Ronaldo gave the ball away in the first half, and yes he scored two goals. Well done, but he's not at his best. He's set himself high standards so to gain praise he has to match those standards. I don't condone people calling him 'useless' or whatever after one bad performance, but criticism isn't nessecarily a bad thing. With that said, he made up for a bad first half, with a decent second half performance today, so credit is due there.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Blade said:
I didn't ban him and Keano doesn't have the power to, as it happens I think we both agree it was deserved :p

I just disagree with his slagging of Ronaldo even though he's playing very wel.l
ronaldo is still 3 to 4 games from full fitness as well . i did the dear stan thread as a pop at the slaggers . the stuff over the summer was poor form but you have to look at facts and fact was he has had an op and needs to get fit . ronaldo is still naive but fact is he is best in the world . give it three months and keano will be posting about what a god ronaldo is

·
Registered
366 Posts
Guys we are talking like its the second last game of the season and we are mathematically out of the title race .
Lets just wait and see what happens . In all honesty , as a team and as individuals , we can only get better .
Maybe we will do better in CL , I for one would not mind only winning that one . If we were only to win just one trophy .
The problem with the scousers is , they think that if they win the prem League once , then they will go on to dominate like we have for the last 15 years . But we all know thats never gonna happen .
United have a big role to play in saying who will win the league . If its not us then who ever the best side is will win it . You cant be jammy every week ( are you listening you scouse *******s).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts