Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
He's probably making twice-three times as much money at Citeh than Chelsea. I also heard that they didn't even accept Chelsea's bid.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol I just realised that the pic I posted would probably be just 2 days pay for him :D :eek:
He wipes his ass with 90k! Or burns it. Whatever tickles his fancy at this particular juncture.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
real madrid objected to chelsea selling robinho shirts so sold him to city to spite them . robinho burnt his bridges with his own press conference and was happy to get away from madrid as he felt they didnt want him but wanted ronaldo instead

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
haggler said:
real madrid objected to chelsea selling robinho shirts so sold him to city to spite them . robinho burnt his bridges with his own press conference and was happy to get away from madrid as he felt they didnt want him but wanted ronaldo instead

I agree 100%. Money might have have been a factor, but he burned his bridges with Madrid and there was no way of him staying there.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i think hes slightly gone in the brain
reading on the bbc website he said he joined ciddy to win the title :O
my thinking is he got told he had a bid from manchester instantly thought it was united
got of the plane and found out it was ciddy not realising that there was two teams in manchester
and now hes stuck with the likes of dunn and vassell :D
good move robinho good move

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
lol would be funny if that was the case and he thought he was coming to united.

Truthfully though, money was not the main objective for him joining city. Chelsea was his first choice and they did not meet the asking price and city did and are doing big things. Robinho has no intention of remaining a madrid player, especially after his press conference so he had to go.

·
23,699 Posts
I do suspect he already felt unloved and more like a pawn than a knight at Real Madrid when he was heavily suggested to be part of a swap deal for Ronaldo. Who at the peak of his career and who believes he is no less than equal wouldn't?

The overtures of Chel$ki and the prospects of working under Scolari just unsettled him further and fueled a strong desire to leave for good, probably egged on by his agent too who caught the scent of big money for himself.

And of course whatever Real Madrid did or did not do, the twists and turns, and the inconsistencies of stances within the hierachy only hardened his resolve and built up his frustration and despondency.

Hence the Sunday's conference that specifically aimed to burn the bridges to make himself as untenable and repugnant as possible.

And when Real Madrid stubbornly refused to endorse the sale to Chelski as relationship nosedived between the two over the replica shirts, ego and pride probably more pronounced than what is right and wrong, his only option left was Citeh, who suddenly and most dramactically found themselves flushed with oil money to throw....

I am just glad that he went to Citeh and not swell up the ranks yet again at Chel$ki. But is he happy at the lesser half of Manchester? I seriously doubt so.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Two things:
MONEY $$$$$$$
and
i don't think real accepted chelski's bid cause the already sold his jersey
and cause of their public pursuit of him

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
versa said:
I do suspect he already felt unloved and more like a pawn than a knight at Real Madrid when he was heavily suggested to be part of a swap deal for Ronaldo. Who at the peak of his career and who believes he is no less than equal wouldn't?

The overtures of Chel$ki and the prospects of working under Scolari just unsettled him further and fueled a strong desire to leave for good, probably egged on by his agent too who caught the scent of big money for himself.

And of course whatever Real Madrid did or did not do, the twists and turns, and the inconsistencies of stances within the hierachy only hardened his resolve and built up his frustration and despondency.

Hence the Sunday's conference that specifically aimed to burn the bridges to make himself as untenable and repugnant as possible.

And when Real Madrid stubbornly refused to endorse the sale to Chelski as relationship nosedived between the two over the replica shirts, ego and pride probably more pronounced than what is right and wrong, his only option left was Citeh, who suddenly and most dramactically found themselves flushed with oil money to throw....

I am just glad that he went to Citeh and not swell up the ranks yet again at Chel$ki. But is he happy at the lesser half of Manchester? I seriously doubt so.
Thanks Versa! It coudn't have been just been the money....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
versa said:

The first part is one of the reasons. He felt he wasnt the one Schuster were going to build the future team with since he was in the discussion of a possible swap plus money to get Ronaldo.

Though, I think working with Scolari was one of official reasons to get more money in Tjelsy. When Al Ciddeh came with the offer he got even more cash so the choice were easy in the end. He was allowed to go to Al Ciddeh and getting more money. If he had been insisting Tjelsy were his dream move and the chance of working under Big Phil was what he really wanted this could go on for much longer.
moondog said:
Thanks Versa! It coudn't have been just been the money....
I think money was the big factor her though.

Z

·
0 Posts
I don't know why everyone is saying he went there for the money. In the end he only had one club to choose from because
only Ciddeh had matched the asking price. There was no way he could have stayed at Madrid after his press conference so
he was pretty much forced to sign for Ciddeh. His decision to move there was not money related at all. People are too cynical these days.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
robinho was in the schuster's plan, just that calderon messed it up.
typical real madrid, the president undermining the coach again....when will they ever learn? i guess not...

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well he cant decide where he want to play it the club who decide where they want to sell him so its not cheski it city he got to go there lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts