Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
sweet fa said:
then sit down and behave yourself there are other people trying to see the game behind you .
i don't know the facts but its my guess that you spend a lot of time on your feet and thats why people complain ,the w*****s are not the stewards its the idiots that stand up obstructing everybody behind them , and paying good money for a seat when you end up not being able to see the damn game really winds me up.
I sit behind Burnzy mate and didn't even know him until the start of this season when we realised we were both members here and were sat by each other.

He doesn't stand the whole game or cause a nuisance, he is just a general fan who likes to get behind the team, cheer, shout sing, clap get the atmosphere going. People who just go there and sit quietly without standing or singing should sit in the family stand or watch it on TV.

It is inevitable that when there is a chance on goal or a dodgy foul or an exciting moment in the game that fans will stand to attention it's a natural reaction.

I am not an inconsiderate person, and me and my short arse sister swapped seats at Chelsea because I'm quite tall and a little kid was sat behind me, without them asking us too.

I guess you must be someone who sits for the whole game sweet fa :( and adds to old trafford's silence? or am I making assumptions like you are about burnzy1987.

You're your own worst enemy posting this thread burnzy as only you, the complaintants and the people around you know the truth and assumptions will be made.

But to me it just adds to the fact that a lot of fans just don't want to interact or support the club the same way people have done for decades. Too many arm chair supporters on their day trips out expecting a perfect view and for everyone around them to remain silent. :(

·
Registered
364 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Seriously..... WTF??!?!?

Does that mean, I have to sit down and be quiet like a mouse when I visit OT in Feb?
In short, yes. In long, yessssssssssssssssssssss. :p ;)

(Forum said I had to post at least 5 characters, so I had to do that)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
sweet fa said:
then sit down and behave yourself there are other people trying to see the game behind you .
i don't know the facts but its my guess that you spend a lot of time on your feet and thats why people complain ,the w*****s are not the stewards its the idiots that stand up obstructing everybody behind them , and paying good money for a seat when you end up not being able to see the damn game really winds me up.
Idiot!!! Did you know at one time, lots of people stood up for the entire 90 mins and sang as well

Atmosphere at United is becoming so sterilized its killing off genuine fans who want to go to sing the songs that have been sung for a lot longer than most of the people have been alive that are watching.

Two biggest games I have been to Liverpool home and Barca home were two of the loudest crowds i have heard. I never got to use my seat for the entire 90 mins for either game and when Scholes scored, I picked up the old bloke at the side of me and he kissed me on the side of the head!!!!! Never met him before that night.

We aint got fans with passion going to games anymore and the ones that are, are getting with being kicked out and season tickets took off them.

Next time you see a steward come circling, do the usual "stand up for the champions" and that usually sees them off.

The people complaining need to be the ones who get their ST took off them and given to genuine United fans who fight for the cause and believe in singing up for the Red Devils.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
mufc-ok said:
wow if people are standing up infront of you then youy should stand up, With standind the atmosphere is much better than sitting down and sitting in silence.

the thing is mate some people can't stand up for the whole game because they might be elderly or have a slight disability and who said you must sit in silence ,you can still shout ,sing and jump up when your team scores .
to pay £40 for a seat then stand up and obstruct everybody directly behind you is totally MORONIC im sorry to say.
but i am all for bringing some terraceing back into the grounds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
sweet fa said:
the thing is mate some people can't stand up for the whole game because they might be elderly or have a slight disability and who said you must sit in silence ,you can still shout ,sing and jump up when your team scores .
to pay £40 for a seat then stand up and obstruct everybody directly behind you is totally MORONIC im sorry to say.
Elderly people, and people with disabilities, tend not to sit in the 2nd tier? :confused:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Idiot!!! Did you know at one time, lots of people stood up for the entire 90 mins and sang as well

Atmosphere at United is becoming so sterilized its killing off genuine fans who want to go to sing the songs that have been sung for a lot longer than most of the people have been alive that are watching.

Two biggest games I have been to Liverpool home and Barca home were two of the loudest crowds i have heard. I never got to use my seat for the entire 90 mins for either game and when Scholes scored, I picked up the old bloke at the side of me and he kissed me on the side of the head!!!!! Never met him before that night.

We aint got fans with passion going to games anymore and the ones that are, are getting with being kicked out and season tickets took off them.

Next time you see a steward come circling, do the usual "stand up for the champions" and that usually sees them off.

The people complaining need to be the ones who get their ST took off them and given to genuine United fans who fight for the cause and believe in singing up for the Red Devils.

the reason you are asked to sit down is to give everybody a good view of the game it does not stop you shouting singing or jumping up and down in moments of excitement ,you just get to see it happening .
one of the reasons utds crowd is quiet is because half of them cannot see the bloody game mate ,because fools with you attitude have spoilt it for half the stand .

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
ScottE335 said:
I sit behind Burnzy mate and didn't even know him until the start of this season when we realised we were both members here and were sat by each other.

He doesn't stand the whole game or cause a nuisance, he is just a general fan who likes to get behind the team, cheer, shout sing, clap get the atmosphere going. People who just go there and sit quietly without standing or singing should sit in the family stand or watch it on TV.

It is inevitable that when there is a chance on goal or a dodgy foul or an exciting moment in the game that fans will stand to attention it's a natural reaction.

I am not an inconsiderate person, and me and my short arse sister swapped seats at Chelsea because I'm quite tall and a little kid was sat behind me, without them asking us too.

I guess you must be someone who sits for the whole game sweet fa :( and adds to old trafford's silence? or am I making assumptions like you are about burnzy1987.

You're your own worst enemy posting this thread burnzy as only you, the complaintants and the people around you know the truth and assumptions will be made.

But to me it just adds to the fact that a lot of fans just don't want to interact or support the club the same way people have done for decades. Too many arm chair supporters on their day trips out expecting a perfect view and for everyone around them to remain silent. :(
that is a quality post mate.quality!

the bit in bold makes a brilliant point.

sweet fa you normally talk sense but i CANNOT believe your reaction to this thread....:mad:

i am a fan at the back of a 2nd tier(hardly any elderly etc due to all the stairs) who tries to create an atmosphere going at OT.Scott and about a dozen other lads are the same as me and all we do is get behind the team.

when i was in the stewards office also got told that they knew we do "stand up for the champions" when they start coming up the stairs on purpose and warned us against that aswel

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
IanDangerously said:
Elderly people, and people with disabilities, tend not to sit in the 2nd tier? :confused:

i am talking about football in general .
i am not having a go at burnzy he could well be innocent and sounds like a decent guy.
i am not having a go at utd or any specific part of the ground.
its just general people at football grounds who stand up causing dozens or hundreds of people behind them to do the same thing resulting in many people not getting a view of the game .
END OF RANT.:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
sweet fa said:

As it has been posted before this, he doesnt spend the game stood up. he is a true genuine supporter who wants to get behind the team and if reacting to a shot on goal, free kick, corner, foul etc etc is going to get his ticket took off him its an absoloute JOKE. no wounder why the atmosphere at Old Trafford is 0, there is special seating for people who want to take younge children, are elderley, disabled and get offended by SWEARING!!!! that isnt in east or west stand.

i say seson ticket holders and fans that want to stand sing and shout in one section, day trippers in another, people who want a quiet relaxing arm chair watch another section.

my only advice is try and get a season ticket in west tier 2, its great up there full of true fans like u.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
sweet fa said:
i am talking about football in general .
i am not having a go at burnzy he could well be innocent and sounds like a decent guy.
i am not having a go at utd or any specific part of the ground.
its just general people at football grounds who stand up causing dozens or hundreds of people behind them to do the same thing resulting in many people not getting a view of the game .
END OF RANT.:D
sweet fa-when you go to OT i hope you are in the prawn sandwich brigade(SOUTH STAND SITTING ARMY!!!) because i feel sorry for those around you if not.

·
Registered
200 Posts
burnzy1987 said:

sweet fa you normally talk sense but i CANNOT believe your reaction to this thread....:mad:

i am a fan at the back of a 2nd tier(hardly any elderly etc due to all the stairs) who tries to create an atmosphere going at OT.Scott and about a dozen other lads are the same as me and all we do is get behind the team.

when i was in the stewards office also got told that they knew we do "stand up for the champions" when they start coming up the stairs on purpose and warned us against that aswel

wouldnt believe u were paying for this, like been at school.:mad:

you belong on west tier 2, im a member and get as many as i can in their. atmosphere is great and u can stand, shout, swear till your hearts content!!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
some good honest posts here . it has to be time for a return to terracing . i understand that if you are sat down and rows in front stand up all the while you cant see jack --- the other arguement holds true as well -- german grounds have terraced areas still without problems . i go to saints rugby a lot and terracing there as well as seats ----- it needs looking at again it really does -- when all seaters were bought in it was to stop stuff like end takeovers etc but if put in proper areas of ground that couldnt happen

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Go to the game sing your heart out do as you want to thats what I do if people dont like it fxxx em !!!

Ive had stewards moan and pull me but I am not going to go to a game and be silent.

I have a option to go to every match I go to alot but since Ive been redundant I havent been to any. The seat I sit in I have a guy to my right who sings another guy who sings but slags everyone off but to my left is the old gezzer who doesnt sing but I happen to know he has been going since the 70s . Does he moan no way he loves it just hasnt the energy I dont think .

**** like this makes me want back the terraces I only went to a few with me dad when it was terraces but it created atmosphere I remember my dad singing and the crowd singing I used to stand holding the fence next to my dads mates son . God if I could go back to see them moments again I would love it .

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
burnzy1987 said:

burnzy i ain't critizeing you personely and in certain areas of all stadiums {rear seated rows} it is totally fine to stand up and it does not harm anybody at all.
but i have been in a number of different grounds watching different teams to utd even and you do get 2 idiots in the front row who decide too stand up ,then half the crowd behind them ends up standing and not getting a clear view and i will never change my opinion to those idiots.
when i watch my local side cardiff i do go on the terrace on the barriers simply because when i pay for a seat i end up standing the whole game where i can't see half of it and nearly get pushed over the seats in front of me and i am a very hefty guy about 5"11 so anybody behind me got know chance of seeing the game.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We need to get standing back before the soul is sucked out of football for good. But i dont think the greedy FA give a **** about it when they are talking about game "39", I HATE MODERN FOOTBALL its a complete joke

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
haggler said:
some good honest posts here . it has to be time for a return to terracing . i understand that if you are sat down and rows in front stand up all the while you cant see jack --- the other arguement holds true as well -- german grounds have terraced areas still without problems . i go to saints rugby a lot and terracing there as well as seats ----- it needs looking at again it really does -- when all seaters were bought in it was to stop stuff like end takeovers etc but if put in proper areas of ground that couldnt happen

haggler i am 100% behind terracing returning to the game on steep gradients so everybody can safely see the game ,of course the atmosphere is better ,what i am gripeing about is fools blocking innocent paying football fans views and if some of the guys on here cannot see my point then they ain;t civilised.:eek:

21 - 40 of 67 Posts