Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So then flamini has gone to milan and there are rumours hleb and adebayor may follow add to that the constant rumours about fabregas are arsenal looking at there team falling to pieces ?

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I wont count them out. Wenger is a good manager. He'll sell those players for big money and sign complete unknowns that will make us search google to find who the hell they are. But like many of his signings they'll probably blossom into very good players and would turn out to be absolute coups(Adebayor, Fabregas, Sagna, Eduardo, etc, etc).

Besides they also have an excellent youth system and players like Carlos Vela, Johan Djourou and Armand Traore etc, would be raring to make their mark on the premier league.

Remember when Henry left Arsenal, everyone wondered where the goals were going to come and many expected Spurs to beat Arsenal for the fourth CL spot. But other players like Fabregas and Adebayor stood up and took the responsibility and gave us a run for our money and topped the league for most of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens next season.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah wenger is a great manager anyone other than fergie would of been sacked for two trophyless seasons in his position

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i think wenger spends too little . if they had proper cover up front and in defence this year they would have run away with the title . eduardo getting injured seemed to freak them then they went on that awful run . they must rue losing flamini for nowt as they did with campbell . wenger is too trusting

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haggler said:
i think wenger spends too little . if they had proper cover up front and in defence this year they would have run away with the title . eduardo getting injured seemed to freak them then they went on that awful run . they must rue losing flamini for nowt as they did with campbell . wenger is too trusting

The problem is that the players want big money signings so never believe the club is as big as it is therefore leaving for nothing

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
fazman said:
yeah wenger is a great manager anyone other than fergie would of been sacked for two trophyless seasons in his position
Well maybe it's time for Rafa to get the sack lol

·
Banned
503 Posts
Arsenal will survive with there loss/losses & bring an unknown to there team who under wenger will make them turn out to be a great

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
fazman said:
He is a gonna in my opinion
Can't see it happening mate, the scousers are crying out for him not to be sacked. Dunno what's so special about him though.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
red devil jeff said:
Can't see it happening mate, the scousers are crying out for him not to be sacked. Dunno what's so special about him though.
special I dont rate him mate

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Wenger is the master of this teams distruction in my opinion, last season he snubbed offering Flamini a new deal and was happy to listen to offers ...

Now Flamini has the season of his life of course he's not going to stay..

Wenger is very disloyal to his players, an aspect of management you do not see in Ferguson.. Wenger is particularly disloyal with his experienced players who have given him their best years, he then rewards this with 1 year deals instead of longer term security these guys need..

Experience is vital when you have a young team gunning for the title .. we've witnessed that throughout Fergie's sides.. maybe the likes of Pires , Ljungberg, Vieira and Campbell would have steadied the ship when it wasnt going their way, as apposed to that sad excuse of a captain Gallas

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It really depends on who comes in the summer...if better quality players come in then no they are not falling apart but if they struggle to buy players then maybe yes...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
haggler said:
Absolutely agreed.

At one point they looked uncatchable. After Man City at home, I thought it was totally over. Anyway, since Abramovich took over at Chelski, I set my expectations lower to avoid disappointment. Last year was a really bonus.

After the Man City game, I set my expectations lower again, so this season will also be a real achievement WHEN we win it! : )

Sanderos is Arsenal's undoing. I swear this guy is one of the worst, if not the worst defender at on of the big four.

If they had a decent third centre half and had started playing Bendtner earlier they would have run away with the title.

I wouldn;t say Wenger is too trusting, I would say he is foolish, because he doesn;t display loyalty to his senior players, but expects his players to be loyal to the club.

Wenger is a great manager and I hear Arsenal's wage bill is much lower than ours, but he doesn;t excel in the department of keeping stars.

I don't think they will fall apart, but Arsenal will constantly struggle to hold on to their stars. I wonder how long they can cling on to Fab, if they do not win anything soon?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Arsenal are not falling apart,but Wenger is doing some extreme reconstruction on a new Arsenal,one that could be a major threat to teams next season(except Man United).Expect him to spend a lot during this summer's transfer window

·
Registered
566 Posts
red devil jeff said:
i think benitez special.
cuz he is the only manager who has managed to make losing seem successful to the fans! think even sven did better than him this season but he is still gonna get the sack.

The_Red_Prince said:
Arsenal are not falling apart,but Wenger is doing some extreme reconstruction on a new Arsenal,one that could be a major threat to teams next season(except Man United).Expect him to spend a lot during this summer's transfer window
u must be dreaming. arsene would nv spend big on transfers although arsenal could afford and allow him to do so. recently i read from a newspaper where he said that he will not goin to change his transfer policy and will not spend big.a few seasons from tottenham and newcastle threatening their champions league qualifications would see him eat his words.

·
23,699 Posts
Wenger: We will fight next year

Source: ITV Football

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger warned Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson he is coming to get him after falling just short in his Premier League quest.

United clinched the title with a final-day victory as Chelsea could only draw at Bolton, with the Gunners cementing third place with a 1-0 win at Sunderland.

Wenger's side ultimately finished the campaign four points adrift of the champions, but are already plotting to overhaul them next time around.

Asked if he had a message for Ferguson, the Frenchman replied: "The message I have is congratulations for the achievement - and get ready for the fight next year."

A youthful Arsenal side left the Stadium of Light with all three points courtesy of Theo Walcott's 24th-minute strike, although they could have been made to pay for missed chances had substitute Roy O'Donovan not shot straight at goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski in injury time.

Wenger added: "You have to be reasonable. When you get 83 points and you call that failure, what would the other teams say?

"I feel quality-wise we have been remarkable the whole season. I have never had a team that has consistently produced quality games like this team.

"We lost a 100 metres (race) by a fraction of a second. We were on the same line and somebody has put their chest in front of us just at the end.

"It doesn't mean we have not made a good 100m. To have a great 100m, you need three or four who compete for the final place.

"This year, the Premier League, for maybe the first time in the last four or five years, was exciting until the last day of the season, and we have contributed to that."

Wenger pointed to United's strength at Old Trafford as a major factor in their latest triumph.

He said: "It is respectable, 83 points, I have won championships with less.

"But it highlights as well the level of the competition, the required amount of points needed this year because there was very little difference between the three teams who fought for the championship.

"Any little weakness and you were punished because Manchester United finished with 87, Chelsea 85 and we finished with 83.

"Where Manchester United made the difference was at home. They took similar points to us away from home and fewer than Chelsea, but at home, they had 17 victories.

"At Old Trafford, they have an advantage and they use that advantage."

Opposite number Roy Keane was able to reflect upon the season with a measure of satisfaction after his gut feeling at the start of it proved accurate.

He said: "It has panned out the way I thought it would, I have to say.

"We have finished 15th in the table and I have to say we are probably the 15th best team.

"Manchester United have been the best and the three worst teams have gone down.

"That's why I have always felt deep down that we would be fine.

"But you need those points on the board to make sure you are fine."

Meanwhile, Keane confirmed that striker Kenwyne Jones chipped a bone in his wrist after being hit by a Gilberto shot late in the first half.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts