Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sir Alex Ferguson says Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are his best-ever Manchester United players. Do you agree?

The Manchester United boss believes the veteran duo are the best players he's had in his time at Old Trafford. What do you think of Scholes and Giggs' contribution to United's success?

Do you rate any United players higher than the duo?

Both are now in their thirties and coming towards the end of their careers. How long do you think they can continue to perform at the highest level?

Do you think they should still be automatic first-team choices or have the likes of Anderson and Nani started to replace them?

Join the Sky Sports debate.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Considering the longevity of their careers at United I think Fergie is right. They have both contributed so much to the club for so long.

However, in terms of the best football players to play for the club under Fergie I think Cantona and Keane are the top 2.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
For loyalty, yes. They could have named their price elsewhere. But his two best ever "signings" - which is different, has got to be Eric And Schmeichel.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Fergie says that about a lot of his players lol.
I agree with the points made by dwarf and Rd about loyalty and longevity.

Top 3 signings:
1. Keane
2. Cantona
3. Schmeichel

easy....

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
what do you guys think of Ruud as a signing... he's got to be up there. doesn't matter he won only 1 EPL medal, but signing was a spot on... for now the top 3 are - Keano, Schmeichel and Le King - with keano his best ever and other 2 in no particular order

oh and ole's up there for sure

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well... Giggs and Scholes are great and theres no question about it, but also anderson is great to so if he takes Scholes or giggs place, it's not that big difference, there both are great :D

correct me if im wrong :S :p

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Both of them excel in wat they are capable of doing, i wont replace them with anyone when they were at their best, thought they are still great. In terms of being a football player, these two got to be up there, high high up

·
23,699 Posts
I thought hard and long about it, trying to come out with something different or at least give it a new angle. And finally, I concede.:)

I agree that Scholes and Giggs, together with Gary, must be tops in terms of longeivity and loyalty - their first and probably their last club.

As for the best players ever to have played for Fergie, it must be measured in terms of impact. It then surely has to be Cantona (he was the catalyst that sparked our golden era in the 90s), Keane (the longest-serving lieutenant of the manager) and Schmeichel (the best goalkeeper under the same).

Hey, a piece of cake actually.:)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
pobely yeah
both brilliant buti can see anderons taking over in abit nani aint up to the standard just yet
but if it was anderson in gigs position i would say put him in

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
what would interest me is fergie was to pick an eleven from his time at the club

here is mine smikes,irwin,bruce,ferdinand,neville,giggs,scholes,keane,ronaldo,cantona,rooney.

subs vidic,robson,becks,ruud,hughesy

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Natalie said:
pobely yeah
both brilliant buti can see anderons taking over in abit nani aint up to the standard just yet
but if it was anderson in gigs position i would say put him in
take a deep breath - and start again ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts