Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know we havent seen much of fabio but what we have seen looks promising and imo i think rafael should be gettin the nod over oshea he offer far more to the team than oshea imo,just wondering what other fans think

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Considering Rafael has been playing in the majority of games this season, then I think the answer is yes.

Fabio needs to dislodge Evra, which isn't easy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i agree. we have two world class centre backs so we can afford to play full backs who can get forward. evra can do that on the left and rafeal clearly poses a greater attacking threat than o'shea. also, the more he plays the better he'll get at the defensive side of his game.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Rafael has to compete with Dani Alves and Maicon. Good luck son.

Who the hell is their left back anyway?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rafael has definitely proven he's well capable to mix it with the big boys. but he's not an automatic 1st choice at RB just yet. I'd still put in a fit Neville or Brown over him.

Fabio has been playing and scoring well for the reserves. He played well against Spurs in the FA cup before he got injured.

Their still young players and as we have sufficiant cover, they should be allowed develope at their own pace and give them a bit of playing time. They will become key figures in the coming seasons if they improve the way we all hope

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Thanks.

So unless Rafa can play on the left, which nothing shows he can since he hasn't played there yet, my answer to the question is no.

Fab will probably be their left back for a decade or so once he breaks through.
although Marcelo and Kleber have also been involved in the set up, Spurs Gilberto plays LB too.

Actually Piazza, thread OP is in reference to our 1st team:eek:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i agree

Rafael has definitely proven he's well capable to mix it with the big boys. but he's not an automatic 1st choice at RB just yet. I'd still put in a fit Neville or Brown over him.

Fabio has been playing and scoring well for the reserves. He played well against Spurs in the FA cup before he got injured.

Their still young players and as we have sufficiant cover, they should be allowed develope at their own pace and give them a bit of playing time. They will become key figures in the coming seasons if they improve the way we all hope
i agree with ya i would pick a fit brown over him for certain games but if we were at home against a mid table team id give rafa the nod but its exciting knowing we have probably the best 2 young full backs in world football,cant wait to see how they progress through united,but imo i think they will go down in united folklore assuming they fulfill there potential:specool::specool:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
although Marcelo and Kleber have also been involved in the set up, Spurs Gilberto plays LB too.

Actually Piazza, thread OP is in reference to our 1st team:eek:
Lmfao. All I saw was "Brazilian" in the title and "first team"

Then to answer the question, no to both.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Considering Rafael has been playing in the majority of games this season, then I think the answer is yes.

Fabio needs to dislodge Evra, which isn't easy.
ye i dont envy fabio he has a tough job on his hands but i think from what ive seen of fabio he could do a job on the left wing coundnt be any worse than nani

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I have said it before on numerous ocassions : Rafael Da Silva will be the best right back in the world come 5 years, he will be mentioned in the same breath as Evra.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I love the attacking wing-back positions, nothing better than seeing Neville and Evra pounding down the flanks, overlapping and making nuisances of themselves. I think Rafael will be around sooner rather than later, he fits almost perfectly with Utd's style of play and it's a position that always needs cover.
I think that both Rafeal and Fabio Da silva should play in one match because it would mean that there would be more attacking movement from the wings.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i agree with ya i would pick a fit brown over him for certain games but if we were at home against a mid table team id give rafa the nod but its exciting knowing we have probably the best 2 young full backs in world football,cant wait to see how they progress through united,but imo i think they will go down in united folklore assuming they fulfill there potential:specool::specool:
for sure, when theres a few changes needed he would get in. it's just with the injuries at RB he's been called on to play alot more this season than many would have expected and has been exceptional.

if he improves on the defensive side, Rafael has the potential to be become a top class player

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lmfao. All I saw was "Brazilian" in the title and "first team"

Then to answer the question, no to both.
would you play oshea ahead of rafael,imo i wouldnt we have 2 world class center halves so why not let the boy go forward and cause havoc in the opposing teams half

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
for sure, when theres a few changes needed he would get in. it's just with the injuries at RB he's been called on to play alot more this season than many would have expected and has been exceptional.

if he improves on the defensive side, Rafael has the potential to be become a top class player
i see your point he has been lucky as in there have been a lot of injuries in that position but i really think he is something special,and he has come in and done a fine job when asked and i agree he need to improve on his defence but you cant question his attacking quality he plays the game the way its meant to be played,it brings a smile to my face everytime i see him in the starting line up

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Rafael has to compete with Dani Alves and Maicon. Good luck son.

Who the hell is their left back anyway?
Marcelo. Looks like Robinho...plays for Real. Fabio has some competition on his hands, because Marcelo is only about 21-22 years old. Although i would think Fabio would have the edge, because he tends to score goals....

And yes, the twins are ready.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Rafael's easily our best RB if you ask me.
Fabio has also looked excellent vs. Spurs and
for Ole. How O'Shea manages to be picked
ahead of them in LB and RB is beyond me.

There's a reason Wes Brown wasn't offered a
wage rise even after his best ever season
(and he earns 30k a week).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts