Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike another thread, I wouldn;t say that Nani IS an idiot, but like Versa said, Nani WAS an idiot.

The problem is that that was not an isolated incident.

In the first away game this season against Portsmouth, his highness Ronaldo decided that life should imitate art when he re-enacted a move from his favourite wrestling video game.

Even older, more experienced heads like Scholes have been guilty of this when he raised his arm against (I think) Alonso in a game against Liverpool.

Now, I could almost still defend Scholes, because he was being pushed and the momentum made his body turn and he just lached out.

But with Ronaldo and Nani their action were deliberate and there was no way of hiding their "head butts" (quite laughale ones at that).

In addition all the pouting and gesticulating I see from the both of them and Rooney is very disconcerting.

It happens at other clubs too, but I just have this uncomfortable feeling that it happens too much at Manchester United.

What happen to the time when footballers screamed at each other and then just got on with it?

Is it me or do you guys and girls feel that there are too many displays of immaturity at Man Utd? By the way, the immaturity also extends to the actual football. Too many unnecessary flicks and flashy stuff when a simple pass is all that's needed.

·
23,699 Posts
I don't think we are any 'special' in this 'department'.

I do think it is prevalent in all teams, either bad tackles or bad ethics in the heat of the moment, abuse/misuse of possession, play-acting, abuse of referees or even public display of feuds between fellow team mates like Adebayor/Bendtner, Drogba/Ballack etc.

In fact, there are too many cases and examples once you start recalling.

And not just in EPL but globally too.

·
Registered
675 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Too many unnecessary flicks and flashy stuff when a simple pass is all that's needed.
its called entertainment ! i agree when were 1 -0 down its not the time or the place to be flickin the ball about...

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Nani has been getting on my nerves recently.

Poor performances, in particular poor decision making has been really doing my head in.

But today he was crazy. Yes, Lucas Neill shouldn't of done what he did (he nipped him somewhere between the legs if I'm not mistaken. Not sure where though) but he shouldn't have reacted. And yes, Neill's reaction was very dramatic, but Nani's reaction was worse.

Hes far from the finished product is Nani. But hopefully he will learn from todays episode.

Ronaldos wasn't really a headbutt. The two players' heads came together, and the Portsmouth player went down like a dying swan, which made it look like a headbutt.

But I gotta disagree with the showboating point. We need to see that. Its for the entertainment value.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
manutd004 said:

Poor performances, in particular poor decision making has been really doing my head in.

But today he was crazy. Yes, Lucas Neill shouldn't of done what he did (he nipped him somewhere between the legs if I'm not mistaken. Not sure where though) but he shouldn't have reacted. And yes, Neill's reaction was very dramatic, but Nani's reaction was worse.

Hes far from the finished product is Nani. But hopefully he will learn from todays episode.
great post manutd004 I didnt relise you were so young but a wise young man well done mate

·
Registered
854 Posts
that incident was an absolute disgrace. nani should be ashamed with himself, not only getting sent off in a crucial game, granted it turned out to comfortable, but having the cheek to go down as if he was hurt. He must cut out his attitude that is not what Manchester United are about.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
manutd004 said:

Ronaldos wasn't really a headbutt. The two players' heads came together, and the Portsmouth player went down like a dying swan, which made it look like a headbutt.

But I gotta disagree with the showboating point. We need to see that. Its for the entertainment value.

Hi,

The fact the Ronaldo's red card wasn't a head butt should have served him even more as a lesson. You can raise your hand or put your head against another player. These players get paid huge sums of money and it boils down to having the right attitude.

For the record, Owen Hargreaves has never received a red card in his entire career.

I understand what you mean about showboating and entertainment, but I didn;t say shoawboating.

I said the unnecessary flicks and flashy stuff when a simple pass would be better.

Against Barca Nani did that several times and needlessly gave the ball away. The game was delicately poised and giving the ball away that cheaply can only encourage the opposition and piss off your team mates.

The kid has bags of talent, but if you don;t couple talent with the right attitude, you'll just be mediocre.

The bigger point is that I have witnessed several acts of immaturity, not just discipline related, but also immature decision-making with the ball.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
rooney has always had a problem with discipline as did rio . they have improved a bit as will nani . sometimes i think they forget they are on a football pitch

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Against Barca Nani did that several times and needlessly gave the ball away. The game was delicately poised and giving the ball away that cheaply can only encourage the opposition and piss off your team mates.

The kid has bags of talent, but if you don;t couple talent with the right attitude, you'll just be mediocre.

The bigger point is that I have witnessed several acts of immaturity, not just discipline related, but also immature decision-making with the ball.
I agree with you on that point, as I said in my post! ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haggler said:
rooney has always had a problem with discipline as did rio . they have improved a bit as will nani . sometimes i think they forget they are on a football pitch

That's exactly how I feel.

They seem to forget that they are professional footballers on a pith infront of thousands in the stadium and millions watching on tele-vision and they pull sour faces and gesticulate like kids.

For all his brilliance Ronnie really does act like a prat some times.

And what bothers me is that this is happening in Fergie's house. The man so famed for dishing out the hairdryer treatment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts