Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
TheManc said:
No lol its good :)
It makes it a lot more interesting when theres a new 'story' out everyday.

I know you like writing as we had a big one in a Berbatov-Huntellear discussion and a few others.
Please don't think I was having a go or anything like that, I hope I didn't come accross like that :)

anyways keep the articles coming...
No problem at all. I have actually been contemplating to put a stop to copying/pasting articles too. It is really not something I am proud of, honest to goodness, and pretty time consuming too to look out for the latest news etc and see if there is anything that can be added to any relevant thread currently running in the forum.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
versa said:
No problem at all. I have actually been contemplating to put a stop to copying/pasting articles too. It is really not something I am proud of, honest to goodness, and pretty time consuming too to look out for the latest news etc and see if there is anything that can be added to any relevant thread currently running in the forum.
As long as you have the time and you want to, then keep posting the articles.
It always gives us something extra to write about, even if were slating it :p ...
but we are slating the articles not your good self ;) ...ok carry on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We really need to buy a striker because all we have is roo and tevz and frazier campbell we cant count louis saha becoz he always injured we need to sell him to sunderland.

Opefully we buy berbatov or huntelaar

I ope fergie gives the younger players a chance because last time he did this we found 5 or 6 world class player in beckham scholes giggs and co.

I want to see more of the da silva twins they look savage.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
fergie says hes not desprate for anyone
moment spurs filed a complaint i knew we wernt going to get anyone this season

·
Registered
427 Posts
Berba has just said he favors a move to Barcelona over Man Utd...

If we don't sign anyone this season, I expect a busy summer next season with scholes, giggs and ronaldo all not having clear futures...

·
Registered
734 Posts
i cant believe that all the top class players aren't jumping at the chance to play for us, whats going on why would you want to play for liverpool or chelsea over united, hell even spurs are snapping up players

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Brock said:
Berba has just said he favors a move to Barcelona over Man Utd...

If we don't sign anyone this season, I expect a busy summer next season with scholes, giggs and ronaldo all not having clear futures...
Yeah I probably agree with you there..Perhaps Sir Alex is saving up some cash for replacements next season for those 3. :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thought Anderson and Nani were the replacements...

If the Juventus game was any indication, we better pray nothing more happens to Rooney or Tevez. SIGN SOMEONE NOW!! I might even have to step in at this rate.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Skye_Fan said:
I thought Anderson and Nani were the replacements...

If the Juventus game was any indication, we better pray nothing more happens to Rooney or Tevez. SIGN SOMEONE NOW!! I might even have to step in at this rate.
yes i agree but i dont think u would be an ideal signing i think your age is against you mate :eek:

allthough they do say if your good enough your old enough lol

i dont think SAF is going to sign someone big atm maybe see the youngsters through to January and see what position we are in then...but that may be 2 late then who knows???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Skye_Fan,

I think the difficulty is though... that to bring someone in they have to be able to maintain the level of performance that the boss expects from his team... indeed the boss wants that player to improve the team... even if they are not going to be a regular starter to begin with they have to be as good if not better than what is at the club already.

Given the level the team is at - it is only the very talented who will ever be able to fit the bill. The major problem for United is that any player that fits the bill playing at another club is likely to be that club's best player so they are never going to want to give him away so we are always going to have to pay over the odds. It seems that Berbatov is our number 1 target and that is because the boss feels he will strengthen our squad. He wants to play for a team in the Champions League so we fit the bill for him also....but why should Spurs just let him go? Spurs fans are feeling the same way about us and Berbatov, as we have felt about Real and Ronaldo. For Spurs fans, if he goes it has to be for the best deal possible. If United offered 40m tomorrow he would be in our team at the weekend. However, Fergie has a responsiblity both to spend within the limits of whatever budget he is given and to get the best deal for the club. Therefore why spend 20 -30m just to get someone in if the boss thinks that Campbell, Manucho or even Saha can do a job for us. Manucho and Campbell may not be star studded signings in the mould of Berbatov or Arshavin but then again neither were Schmichael, Irwin, Bruce, and Skolskjaer but given the opportunity they became legends for the club. I am not saying for one minute that Campbell and Manucho will reach those heights but if we dont give them a chance in the heat of the premiership we will never know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are we going to buy?

If we did get anyone, who would you want it most to be?

Hunleear,Berbatov,Diego anyone United have been linked with.

·
Registered
95 Posts
NIRed-devil said:
Skye_Fan,

I think the difficulty is though... that to bring someone in they have to be able to maintain the level of performance that the boss expects from his team... indeed the boss wants that player to improve the team... even if they are not going to be a regular starter to begin with they have to be as good if not better than what is at the club already.

Given the level the team is at - it is only the very talented who will ever be able to fit the bill. The major problem for United is that any player that fits the bill playing at another club is likely to be that club's best player so they are never going to want to give him away so we are always going to have to pay over the odds. It seems that Berbatov is our number 1 target and that is because the boss feels he will strengthen our squad. He wants to play for a team in the Champions League so we fit the bill for him also....but why should Spurs just let him go? Spurs fans are feeling the same way about us and Berbatov, as we have felt about Real and Ronaldo. For Spurs fans, if he goes it has to be for the best deal possible. If United offered 40m tomorrow he would be in our team at the weekend. However, Fergie has a responsiblity both to spend within the limits of whatever budget he is given and to get the best deal for the club. Therefore why spend 20 -30m just to get someone in if the boss thinks that Campbell, Manucho or even Saha can do a job for us. Manucho and Campbell may not be star studded signings in the mould of Berbatov or Arshavin but then again neither were Schmichael, Irwin, Bruce, and Skolskjaer but given the opportunity they became legends for the club. I am not saying for one minute that Campbell and Manucho will reach those heights but if we dont give them a chance in the heat of the premiership we will never know.
Excellent post my friend.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts