Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Saturday, all the frustration and aftermatch antics, I have asked myself are we really cracking and crumbling under the pressure. I am still quite shocked and surprised what is happening. If someone told me a few months back we would be (deleted) ourselves and playing for a draw in a Away leg Champions League semi-final, I would of said not a chance, we Have the best attack in the world right now, but recent events have proved me wrong.

Edit: From RD, take a 1st warning, swearing in a post.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm worried. :( I don't know... our problems have started ever since we've been tinkering with our formation. I mean if playing Rooney up front alone was a tactic to rest players then why haven't we alternated him with Tevez more often? Now Rooney and Vidic might miss the Barca game. Why did we sell Rossi and Smith? if we had them right now things might be different. Ah well, it's just football after all. I dare say I'll live.:D

·
Registered
376 Posts
dlan4327 said:
I'm worried. :( I don't know... our problems have started ever since we've been tinkering with our formation. I mean if playing Rooney up front alone was a tactic to rest players then why haven't we alternated him with Tevez more often? Now Rooney and Vidic might miss the Barca game. Why did we sell Rossi and Smith? if we had them right now things might be different. Ah well, it's just football after all. I dare say I'll live.:D
...and rooney was the obvious choice for a rest against chelsea. If you want to rest players for a CL semi final then you don't play one of your best players for a postion you have littel cover for carrying a knock so that he aggravates the already existing injury . Anyone else think this is potty or am I missing something really obvious? Does anyone know what fergie was thinking?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well every team has its bad moments...we just got some injuries which has disrupted our flow which is completly normal...Vidic's injury is enough for our squad to have a small blip and after we lost him we keep conceding starting from Boro draw 2-2...we also had injuries to Anderson, Nani, Fletcher, and still have to Saha and also have some unfit players like Neville so yeah...and now Rooney looks like his not going to be 100% fit and in this crucial time and stage of the season injuries are not a good thing at all...last time we were in such a position was in the start of the season when we had injuries! If we did not have injuries I doubt we would be in such a position...but even with the players we had at Barca away we should of attacked them imo

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
desmondo said:
...and rooney was the obvious choice for a rest against chelsea. If you want to rest players for a CL semi final then you don't play one of your best players for a postion you have littel cover for carrying a knock so that he aggravates the already existing injury . Anyone else think this is potty or am I missing something really obvious? Does anyone know what fergie was thinking?

That's the question, does Fergie know what he is doing?

Rooney was obviously carrying a injury from the Blackburn game, yet he rests Ronaldo and Tevez and starts a not fully fit Rooney??!! Where is the logic.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Playing away in the Premiership is tough but at times we've not been good enough on our travels this season. 4 defeats on the road is more than any of the other big 4 and, Chelsea aside, they've been defeats to teams we should be beating - Bolton, West Ham and Man City. We even struggled against Derby!

If we win the league it will mostly be down to our outstanding home form. That's why I'm confident we'll beat West Ham but I'm a bit worried about the Wigan game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts