Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the face of Arsenal's eleventh hour collapse there has been no shortage of people saying that Wenger's penny pinching may save money but has cost them the title. I am of a mind to agree and I'm all for United spending big money to land big names. That's not what I'm worried about. What I am worried about is wages. What people don't really hear about is that not only does Wenger spend small in transfers, he refuses to be held to ransom over wages. To make my point I'll get straight into the numbers. Adebayor, Hleb & Flamini(unless he leaves) all earn less than £50,000 per week. We just gave Wes Brown a new deal for £60,000 per week. See my point yet? Can you truly say that Wes Brown contributes more to United than Adebayor, Hleb or Flamini contributes to Arsenal? Wenger has a £50,000 a week ceiling that he tries to stick to with most players. Only Gallas & Fabregas make more than that. In Fabregas' case he makes £80,000 a week which is only slightly more than Brown. Evra's been stalling on a new contract maybe because he wants a pay rise and I wouldn't mind giving it to him because he's worth every penny. Still United have this reputation for being easy to milk for cash. I can't help but feel that this hurts us everytime we try to buy a player. Clubs will bump up the price because they know that United always get what they want. Players are also comfortable holding out for more money because they know that United will probably give it. Does this bother anyone else?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts