Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peeps,

just here to explain my absence this past weekish.

basically, i've been fired from my job at the airport :( and it hit me like a brick, i was completely torn to shreds. if it wasnt for my supportive parents and my rock of a girlfriend i probs wouldnt be here :eek: .

anyway, yesterday i joined the RAF as a Mechanical Transport Driver. its something i've been thinking of for years, i even took an armed forces course in college. so now i dragged myself to town and i signed up.

people have told me its the best path to follow in terms of skills and self-respect. and i kno we have members who are ex-armed forces themselves. like zuco and RD.

just wondering if anyone else has been in the AF and what do they think ?
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
f u well done mate..good move...hope everything goes really great for you.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Bunch of poofs, join the Army like a real man :D

Only joking mate, the forces can give you a good
career and after 22 years of work you can retire on a full pension ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,929 Posts
Good luck with it mate....

...I know a lad who is up at 0500 hours (Get used to the way they say the time ;))
for a jog and then a session in the gym. He's hell bent on joining the RAF and is
incredibly strong for his age. Think hes interested in the actual army area too...lol



Edit: Big jump....airport to RAF base! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-zuco- said:
Bunch of poofs, join the Army like a real man :D

Only joking mate, the forces can give you a good
career and after 22 years of work you can retire on a full pension ;)
funny enuf i've had an actual marine and a lad from the army tell me the same thing haha :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Well you have just gone up in my estimations Mr .... :)

Maybe I was a bit rash to judge you ...

I have no problem admitting I was wrong about you !

I admire you for doing this, it will be good for your
country and good for you too I hope. But remember
one thing above all else - no matter where you go or
for how long, make sure you get ya butt to a computer
to say hello to us and keep us informed of your progress
- we are your family now ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carlyluvsunited said:
Well you have just gone up in my estimations Mr .... :)

Maybe I was a bit rash to judge you ...

I have no problem admitting I was wrong about you !

I admire you for doing this, it will be good for your
country and good for you too I hope. But remember
one thing above all else - no matter where you go or
for how long, make sure you get ya butt to a computer
to say hello to us and keep us informed of your progress
- we are your family now ;)
don't worry :) i'll find a comp once in while, thats if i get in that is :eek: . i hope so.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Forever_United said:
don't worry :) i'll find a comp once in while, thats if i get in that is :eek: . i hope so.
Make friends with a scaley back and they'll get you connected ;)
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top