Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the announcer at Old Trafford said to watch out for one of the results before he read them out I was hoping Liverpool or Chelsea had dropped points but he clearly meant the north London derby.

I didn't get home until after midnight but had recorded Match of the Day and just had to watch the highlights of this game.

Aside from it being an incredible scoreline and a great comeback from Spurs there was truly remarkable goal from David Bentley. His 40 yard volley to give Spurs a 1-0 lead left me gobsmacked.

For Arsenal to surrender a 4-2 lead in the last few minutes of the game, especially in the derby, is a huge blow to their title hopes. And all the Spurs goalscorers were English - take that Wenger :p .

This game was live on Sky Sports. Did anyone watch it? What did you think of the game/result?

·
Registered
934 Posts
i was getting live updates at school
i was quite happy
and my gooner mate was gutted lol
he copped some :)

we can go 3rd if we win our catch up game!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
It was a lesson in effort and that forcing the goalkeeper to make a save can create chances.

Huddlestone forced Almunia into a save and Bent got the rebound and Modric hit the post with Almunia committing himself to the save, which left an empty net for Lennon.

Someone show the highlights to Nani ;)

I was happy for Silvestre and Spurs.

What a difference a manager makes, eh?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I had the United game on the Stream and had the Spurs/Arse game on the tv.
Bentley's goal WILL be goal of the season. It was the greatest thing I have
ever seen, although not quite as amazing as Berba's assist.
Great game, great comeback, Arry Houdini. Haha Arse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts