Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal go through to the last 8. They beat the Champions Milan.
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Lots of people will be disappointed but does this result give us
an edge in the Premiership?
Discuss....

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
well im happy that united won,but it would have been perfect if arsenal lost.It does give us a slight edge because we have a more talented squad than arsenal,and with arsenal focusing on the CL and the prem,thier players are bound to get injured or tired.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
It was good for the football the overrated Milan got kicked out of the competition. Still there's no reason to cheer since it was the whining Londoners who did it.:(

And I dont think ArsE in the QF will matter for us. They will struggle a bit anyway coz the tiny squad. Our is much bigger so and all seems to be fit so I we will overtake the top position. I fear the Russians more in the PL then ArsE.

·
Registered
854 Posts
how can u say this is a bad ting? milan ar our bogey team i would of hated playin them again. plus arsenal don't have the squad to compete in Prem and Champ League so they may get fatigued.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id agree with Scott. There were boos at Old Trafford when the Arse result
was announced but Im pretty happy about it. Im fairly sure they cant win
it and we own them at the minute and will continue to own them at OT
in the Prem. I think Arsenal progressing will effect their Prem form, which
is perfect for us. Also Milan always beat us....

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
arse can end up with nothing, so good news they got thru, and if we do face them, the team would be extremely confident of dumping them

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Bad ressult when I betted 200v-cash on AC Milan to triumph!! :mad: :D
Tbh, I don't even care anything about Le'Arse! But since we're in a Premiership title race with them, so the longer they stay in the Champions League with that thin squad which they possessed currently, the better for United. They will take their eye off the ball, suffer lots of injuries & last but not least, ends up trophy-less for this season! ;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
good and bad!

good: Milan get taught a lesson, they've been gettin jamy results for years, had rio and vidic been fit last year we would've beaten them! i also dislike their liverpoolesque concentration on the champions league and no attention to their league, it makes it tough for real teams who go all out on all fronts to match them for freshness in the big games!

good: Arsenal have one eye on the league one on the next round so may make our league push a little easier

good: arsenal may be drained after a taxing night in milan, may falter further in the league

Bad: confidence must be at a high, may take another drubbing in old trafford to take them down a peg or two again!!

·
Banned
836 Posts
Both, for the following reasons:-

1. AC Milan have knocked us out twice, so their elimination gives us a better chance going to the final.

2. Arsenal are one of our rivals when it comes to the Premier League, but we still have to play them at home in the league, and we beat them in the FA cup fifth round, so if we do play against them in the Champions League, we have a good chance of progressing further.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
at first thought i was annoyed as i wanted arsenal out..........BUT............

id rather have arsenal in the CL than AC...although it would be nice for payback id much rather give ARSEnal another good hiding....

so its a good thing :D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I never root for our adversaries,but aresnails win just shows that the best clubs are right there in england . these glamor teams like barca ,roma, real ,milans cant hang with the real physical play of the prem. These other teams are lucky that the refs are real wimps when calling the champions league games!

UNITED CAN DO IT !

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
good as in its a big team out of the cl
bad as arsenal will now get confidence back to finish of the premiership job

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
We can only think of the positive now that we cant change anything. Im actually surprise with Milan form this season. Oh well, Arsenal did us all the favour and as long as they are in the race and getting as many fixtures as us. I still think Arsenal doesnt have what it takes to win the Champions League but dont quote me on this cause they might just prove me wrong but if we were to play them at certain stage, then i think its easier than having to play Milan especially away.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's a good thing in my opinion. As much as I don't want to see Arsenal win, they'll now at least have to play more games, as do we. Also they don't really have the strength in depth to compete for both the PL can CL as we do.

Who would you rather play Milan or Arsenal? My moneys on the men from North London

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Good that Arsenal won that match because if they couldn't they would have big concentration in the Premier League.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They dropped points again today which makes it 3 draws on the trot
in the Prem. A lot of their focus will surely be on the Champions League
which is good news for us. Its going o be a tough battle to win the
league this season but we are in pole position now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The way i see it is that the more games Arsenal have to play the better, as they will become tired and sloppy, you can really see that they are starting to crumble under the pressure of it all, Gallases hissy fit and the crying on the pitch episode the other proved that, fergie must have had right laugh at that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts