Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal executive director Danny Fiszman has commented recent media statements how Arsene Wenger doesn't have the sum to spend.

He said- If Arsene came before the board and said: “This player costs 30 million pounds , can I buy him?” The answer would be OF COURSE . Absolutely. It's not our decision who to buy who not to ..... It's on the manager and manager only , but he has our back up of course – said Fiszman.

Some of the media have been saying that playing beautifull football is more important than winning trophies at Arsenal .
- Absolutely not! Arsenal want to win , as much as everyone else, but Arsene has its own way of creating team. If we want to buy big, then it's mostly about the players with experience that can't adopt to manager's style of play. Thats' why he buys young players to teach them to play his way– he added.

hehehe ! it turns out i was right once again - i said that wenger has the cash to splash and that lack of trophies lies on his shoulders and his shoulders only...a young team ? who's fault is it - whos fault is that he can't buy "winners" and adopt to THEIR style in order to deliver trophies , instead of vice versa ! he can buy whoever he likes but he doesn't want to ....his famous line - "IF YOU WANT TO BUY A PERFECT ECONOMIC- BUY ME " says it all about his football phylosophy
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zense_United said:
of course, they dont have that much money to buy new players at all, what a lie mna
yes they do - but their derranged manager doesn't want to spend...haha - good for us....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Yes its good news for us....but you have to give Wenger a bit of credit for
sticking to his guns. He has got it right so many times before but this time he
is falling short....Lets face it, they werent far off last season and the events
against Birmingham didnt help them (Eduardo injury, Gallls being a baby, losing 2
points in VERY harsh circumstances)
He deserves respect for trying to make it with youth.....its not working and its
great for us, but it doesnt mean he's 'lost it' as some may suggest in the media.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
In truth Wengers strengths aren't in going out and spending big
money on high profile players. Its to bring through youth team
players or buy in unknown players with talent and develop them.
And credit where credit is due he does this very well.
I don't like him at all but i respect his footballing style and philosophy.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
60,000 people in the stands every week. Obviously since its London, tickets are gonna be murderously expensive. The Voyeur is just oh so egotistic and wants to win with younger, unproven guys just to say "See that Fergie?!?! I can do it to!"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
CROoney said:
hehehe ! it turns out i was right once again - i said that wenger has the cash to splash and that lack of trophies lies on his shoulders and his shoulders only...a young team ? who's fault is it - whos fault is that he can't buy "winners" and adopt to THEIR style in order to deliver trophies , instead of vice versa ! he can buy whoever he likes but he doesn't want to ....his famous line - "IF YOU WANT TO BUY A PERFECT ECONOMIC- BUY ME " says it all about his football phylosophy
I've continually slating Wenger for that and said that Wenger had the money as well.

Its all good and well sticking to the young players.

But the lack of success, as you've said, rest solely on his shoulders. Hes far too stubborn, and they would have won the league last season if it wasn't for some of his poor decisisions.

piazza said:
60,000 people in the stands every week. Obviously since its London, tickets are gonna be murderously expensive. The Voyeur is just oh so egotistic and wants to win with younger, unproven guys just to say "See that Fergie?!?! I can do it to!"
Good post! ;) :p
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jazz 16 said:
Yes its good news for us....but you have to give Wenger a bit of credit for
sticking to his guns. He has got it right so many times before but this time he
is falling short....Lets face it, they werent far off last season and the events
against Birmingham didnt help them (Eduardo injury, Gallls being a baby, losing 2
points in VERY harsh circumstances)
He deserves respect for trying to make it with youth.....its not working and its
great for us, but it doesnt mean he's 'lost it' as some may suggest in the media.

I AGREE - HE'S NAVER HAD IT ! :p
seriously though - i'm not buying that "give him credit for developing youth " bull...i mean what have the youth bring to the club ? trophies ? - NO.cash ? NO. then wtf? what is the purpose of his policy ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
CROoney said:
[/COLOR]
I AGREE - HE'S NAVER HAD IT ! :p
seriously though - i'm not buying that "give him credit for developing youth " bull...i mean what have the youth bring to the club ? trophies ? - NO.cash ? NO. then wtf? what is the purpose of his policy ?
They are penny pinching to compensate for the amount they spent on their
new stadium. They may not have won any trophies for 3 seasons? but they
are always there and there abouts. He has had great success at Arsenal and
their fans will never forget that. Its impossible for them to win many trophies
anyway cos of ourselves and Chelsea being around.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jazz 16 said:
They are penny pinching to compensate for the amount they spent on their
new stadium. They may not have won any trophies for 3 seasons? but they
are always there and there abouts. He has had great success at Arsenal and
their fans will never forget that. Its impossible for them to win many trophies
anyway cos of ourselves and Chelsea being around.
true but what does his club have of developing youngsters ? he's developing them for other clubs - once they've reached their peak he sells them to the big clubs....for peanuts...the guy is simply derranged ...and "the new stadium" issue is not an issue actually... because as fiszman said - They have the funds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
They got money, but i don't think arse-n wenger wants to buy players for some strange reason. I think he thinks the kids can obviously do it lol :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top