Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
This has re-surfaced. Not that im suprised though. Be a perfect replacement if Fabregas does leave. In my opinion Gourcuff is just as good anyway.

He's one of those players that you love, would love him at United, but you know he's not a United type of player Fergie normally goes for. Shame really. I think he's a click or 2 of being one of the best in the world.
Agreed, shame his style doesn't suit us. :frown:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
A very talented player but he is overrated. He was quite poor last season (when compared with 2008/2009), and he hasn't really produced the goods for France (1 goal).
He is far from overrated. :rolleyes:

Gourcuff is a brilliant footballer with shitload of creativity. Shame he is not the dynamic type of players who have loads of pace and move allot. (Like Arshavin or Nasri) but he is fantastic, i think his game would suit Chelsea the best (replacing Lampard) and he would do wonders in Italy or Spain.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Stop rolling your eyes at people, boy.

I rate him very highly but he's not as good as some people think (like you with Kun Agüero).

He will never be as good as Zinedine Zidane.

Also, his off the ball movement is one of his strengths.
People think that Aguero is the new Maradona, when he is not among the best 5 Argentinian forwards.
that's how he is overrated, people who don't watch him don't know how bad he is, how many times he miss and how many times he loses the ball

Gourcuff is great, its a traditional thing that every French attacking midfielder gets compared to Zidane, so its not his fault that he is dubbed as the new Zizzou.
He is great and far from overrated, in fact he was underrated for most of his career especially with AC Milan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.