Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This has re-surfaced. Not that im suprised though. Be a perfect replacement if Fabregas does leave. In my opinion Gourcuff is just as good anyway.

He's one of those players that you love, would love him at United, but you know he's not a United type of player Fergie normally goes for. Shame really. I think he's a click or 2 of being one of the best in the world.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I wonder what would have happened if he'd stayed at Milan after Kaka left.
I think Milan mis-handled him. Would of been brilliant there now if they allowed him to settle. The technical ability of the kid is out of this world. Alot of players get 'dubbed this' and 'dubbed that' but this kid is a clone of the master himself, Zidane. Amazing feet.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
A very talented player but he is overrated. He was quite poor last season (when compared with 2008/2009), and he hasn't really produced the goods for France (1 goal).
You're wrong there buddy. In fact i don't think he has the reputation that he deserves outside of france.

Players who are technically good and not reliant on pace develop into better players as they get older. And Gourcuff will prove to be an example of that.

The kid is amazing. Hasn't fully justified his talents on the international stage but he is only 23. By the time he's around 26/27, similar age to when Zidane properly made his name, then he'll get the recognition he deserves.

I don't base my opinions on them but you only have to watch a few youtube clips to see how technically good he is.

EDIT: Just read that he went through a bad patch and lack of confidence/form after an injury back end of last year.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
******** story, they have Nasri, Rosicky, Wilshere, Arshavin who can all play similar role
They'll need to replace Fabregas in the hole. And Arsenal could potentially play 60 games in the season.

If they play 4-2-3-1 like they tend to, then they'll have Arshavin, Rosicky, Nasri, Gourcuff and Walcott for the 3 attacking positions. To me that's standard for a championship winning team.

Gourcuff will be a target for them if Cesc leaves. They may even go for Eden Hazard.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ironically Zidane left Bordeaux at 24 and If Gourcuff leaves this summer then they left Bordeaux at the same age.

Zidane's 2 year record before leaving... Played 99 scoring 19.
Gourcuff's 2 year old record at Bordeaux... Played 91 scoring 24, Assists 25.

For those who base their opinions on goals scored should be impressed by that.

Gourcuff will get better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.