Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
26,061 Posts
Cappy said:
If he is a younger version of Essien, I say yes. Essien is just like Hargreaves, someone who can put in a MOTM performance at various positions. Would be nice having both he and Hargreaves in the squad.
I kinda agree except essien is MUCH better than Hargreaves. With us he could be the best CM in the world IMO.

Its nice to finally hear someone say they want to come after this summer though. (Berba hasn't spoke publically)

·
Least popular Moderator
26,061 Posts
CROoney said:
lol - talking about biasness...why only with us ?and essien is not much better than hargo, only he's had the luck being able to play constantly without injuries..that puts him ahead imo. in terms of ability hargo is not far behind
I think he's a better player in general because he's bigger, stronger, just as fast, a better, quicker passer and is better at being the engine of a team. He's more of a 'keane type' player IMO.

With us we would not restrict him to playing the DM role which he often does and we wouldn't put in RB either. I don't mean he'd only be World Class with us, but we'd build a team around him, unlike Chelsea have done.

I do like Hargreaves and I think he is a very good player (though last season I thought he was poor at CM minus 1 or 2 games) but Essien is world class.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.