Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to be specific it's Sony who'll be offering the replays but Arsenal will be the first club to trial the system.

So basically it works like this. You pay your £40 for entry. Prior to that you'll already £130 or so for a PSP. Is that the right price?

Anyhow once you've got those two things your set. Ready for an afternoon of ref abuse the likes of which you've never seen before.

Every time a questionable decision is made by the ref, i.e. disallowed goal/penalty/foul, an instant replay will be streamed to your PSP.

Courtesy of the folk at Sony. Expect to see an entire stadium whip out their PSP's next time Adebayor's effort is ruled out.

Things are going to get uncomfortable for ref's at The Emirate's. Nobody likes being pelted with 60000 PSP's.

What do you think of the whole idea? Do you own a PSP? Personally if you don't own one, I doubt you'd buy one just for this.

Is is going to put unnecessary pressure on the refs? Who are already pretty high strung as it is.

Link: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/sony-offers-live-replays-at-football-matches-506689

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hmm I can imagine Wenger pulling one out and screaming "Sacrebleu!" and his "I didn't see it" days are over lol

Nah I wouldn't buy a PSP just for that..but it sounds quite nifty and could be the start of many new technologies to come in football. I can imagine stadium seats having a small built in monitor at the back of each seat like in the economy seats on aeroplanes so people can watch the game up closer if needed (seat being to far away) and to watch replays and see stats etc.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
I can also see Wenger having one especially now that dugout monitors are banned, but does that mean they could ban this too?

Z

·
0 Posts
Why would it put pressure on referees? Many stadiums already have a big screen and show replays. Having your own personal screen changes nothing at all.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-zuco- said:
Why would it put pressure on referees? Many stadiums already have a big screen and show replays. Having your own personal screen changes nothing at all.
That's true but something tells me the more screen, the more likely it is that people will begin to spot even more mistakes.

One's they might have missed before. More scrutiny.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Ive got one,but you can;t get it 'streamed' to your PSP without a WI-FI connection so how is this going to work in a stadium,PSP doesnt use 3G so thats not an option either....

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Ive got one,but you can;t get it 'streamed' to your PSP without a WI-FI connection so how is this going to work in a stadium,PSP doesnt use 3G so thats not an option either....
I think they will setup an internet connection in the stadium so you;d connect (which anyone could) but you would log - in somewhere (that's where the £40 comes in i'd guess) and then it woud stream. That's what i think anyway. I'd welcome it and i agree more people would notice and i refer to my earlier points if they ban dug out screens why wouldn't managers have this? Or could they then ban this? or ban managers from using them?

·
Registered
177 Posts
sparkic said:
Hmm I can imagine Wenger pulling one out and screaming "Sacrebleu!" and his "I didn't see it" days are over lol

Nah I wouldn't buy a PSP just for that..but it sounds quite nifty and could be the start of many new technologies to come in football. I can imagine stadium seats having a small built in monitor at the back of each seat like in the economy seats on aeroplanes so people can watch the game up closer if needed (seat being to far away) and to watch replays and see stats etc.
I think i need to throw up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts