Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from LFC's win over Chelski, this is a marvellous opportunity for us to extend the gap. But can we? Arsenal are playing well at the moment and we will have a battle royal on our hands to take 3 points out of this one.

What bothers me slightly is that we are conceding goals almost every game now and this could prove to be the catalyst for Arsenal to grab one and sit back!

For some reason this game bothers me and we do not have a bad track record at Arsenal, but that was all at Highbury.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Red Devil said:
For some reason this game bothers me and we do not have a bad track record at Arsenal, but that was all at Highbury.
Its half-time now, and I also have a bad feeling about this, I hope im wrong

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Well how frustrating was that! :mad:
I guess the only good thing is that chelsea didnt gain any advantage, but we have wasted another chance to pull out a bigger lead.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Can anyone explain why we didnt play 2 our strength's like giggs on left ronny on right and rooney down the middle, i love sir Alex but today i think he has 2 take most of blame he got tactics all wrong

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
RED MAN WALKING said:
Can anyone explain why we didnt play 2 our strength's like giggs on left ronny on right and rooney down the middle, i love sir Alex but today i think he has 2 take most of blame he got tactics all wrong
I dont know either, maybe giggs isnt up to playing up and down the wings for 90mins I dont understand it myself

·
Registered
224 Posts
What bothers me also was Sir Alex's approach with the substitutions. Playing Giggs on either flank was just plain wrong. The few times he played on the left, he even had a shot at Lehmann (although a weak one, it was). Carrick was hanging back too much. Ronaldo had an average game, which by his fine form and standard was bad for us. Up until the last 10 minutes we were loking good, then like we have done so many many times in the recent past (think Silvestre) we let two very accurate crosses float in to the danger zone and with the quality of van Persie and the inspirational Henry, there could be no other result other than a goal. What hurts me more was that this was almost our best defensive line up on the field.

Neville -- Rio -- Vidic -- Heinze and Evra all on at the same time and both the crosses still came from our left side.

Sir Alex ought to know by now that Saha needs some time on the pitch and some shots on target to warm up before he can get us a goal. IMHO, he kept Larsson on for too long. He also saw that Giggs was ineffective so perhaps a change there could have been helpful.

In any case, we are no worse off than at the start of the weekend thanks to Liverpoo beating Chelsea 2-0. This six point lead can be lost by losing the other two big games against the Scousers and Chelski assuming both Chelsea and we have the exact same set of results for the rest of the season.

We started well playing, in fact, like a home side, but then we slipped up in the dying moments of the game.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think 1 point is OK cos United under the pressed of The Gunner buuuuuuuuuut HENRY!!!! The "Predator" that the defender couldn't guard him

·
Registered
224 Posts
girl_in_red said:
I think 1 point is OK cos United under the pressed of The Gunner buuuuuuuuuut HENRY!!!! The "Predator" that the defender couldn't guard him
What "1 point" are you talking about?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.