Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I've just read about this on BBC Sport.

It's interesting that they think talks about this can progress following the reports findings but there's still a long way to go to convince the EU that FIFA's idea does not break regulations on freedom of movement.

Report findings are often dismissed by politicians...even if they have bothered to read them.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
It will be a great thing for Enland IMO. They do a similar thing in Russia me thinks and look how well they did in the EC.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Here's the thing even the teams everybody thinks are all about home grown talent aren't really.

Look at Barca. Everybody says what an academy they've all super talented local players

Well Henry, Messi, Eto'o, Toure, Alves & Abidal. 6 first teamers all foreign.

Think about it all the big teams are least half foreign. What makes the EPL so different from La Liga?

In terms of homegrown talent vs foreigners that is.

·
Registered
773 Posts
6+5 ? I don't agree on this rules.....But if it's 5+6 then it will be better tho.....It will be hard to get 6+5.....how Arsenal will survive....If this rule start, than it we will see the combination of Rooney+Welbeck...

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I heard it is legal under eu law, so who know, if it does happen no doubt it will be the english teams that will be the most affected.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Arsenal will be screwed but so would we. My understanding is that the six players would have to be english players. Therefore, players like Ryan Giggs, Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea, Jonny evans, darren gibson etc would be classed as foreign because they play for other "countries" (i.e. Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) and Republic of Ireland.

Effective rotation would become very difficult because the english players would need to play almost all the matches.

Z

·
0 Posts
Arsenal will be screwed but so would we. My understanding is that the six players would have to be english players. Therefore, players like Ryan Giggs, Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea, Jonny evans, darren gibson etc would be classed as foreign because they play for other "countries" (i.e. Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) and Republic of Ireland.

Effective rotation would become very difficult because the english players would need to play almost all the matches.
I think it's 'home-grown' players. But either way, we've still got Carrick, Hargreaves, Brown, Ferdinand, Rooney, Welbeck etc. We're a lot better equipped to deal with this rue than the rest of the top teams in England

1 - 12 of 12 Posts