Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday's clash between Arsenal and Manchester United was watched by more people than last year's World Cup final between France and Italy.

The Times says the battle of the Emirates was watched by an estimated one billion people, the highest ever TV audience for a Premier League game. A spokesman for the Premier League confirmed that the match was available in 600 million households in 202 countries. As Sir Alex Ferguson said after the 2-2 draw: "No one will be asking for their money back".

If those figures prove correct, more viewers tuned in to watch the Gunners v the Red Devils than switched on for the 2006 World Cup final, which reportedly drew 715.1 million viewers across 214 countries

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=63462

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Wow. If that's correct, about 1/10 of the world's population watched that game. I wonder how many will watch the match at Old Trafford...

·
Registered
987 Posts
I think they knew this beacuse each channel ie. Setanta Sports knew how many viewers who viewed in for that match..

so like the get the otal amount of viewers of the game from different channels who showed the game around the world and they sum it up.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Grif SA said:
Wow. If that's correct, about 1/10 of the world's population watched that game. I wonder how many will watch the match at Old Trafford...
No, 1 in 6/7. 600 million households...1billion viewers :p

Carly they have ways of working figures out. But the 1 billion viewers indicates each household had more than 1 person watching it - unless there's a few tv's in each household I don't know how they work that bit out.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Ajant said:
No, 1 in 6/7. 600 million households...1billion viewers :p

Carly they have ways of working figures out. But the 1 billion viewers indicates each household had more than 1 person watching it - unless there's a few tv's in each household I don't know how they work that bit out.
I think maybe it's a guess......

How can they possibly know the figure ?

Just think of all the people using streams too :eek:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
lol...wanted to go and watch it at the emirates but when i went for the ticklets...they were sold out...so i watched it in a pub...what an atmosphere

S

·
0 Posts
Total guess work, impossible to work out. For example who knows how many were watching in pubs? there could be 100 in one pub and in another 1 man and his dog.
Four TVs in our house, how do they know if theres one person in each room? Or just me here with all four on while moving from room to room.
Also nobody ever cites where this figure comes from.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I watched it in a pub with six people........not a great atmosphere but at least you could here the commentary...even if it was slightly bised towards Les Arses imho...

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
There will be an estimated 1 BILLION people watching the game today - ONE PIGGIN' BILLION - is that a record for a "league" game???

If you look at the match thread you will see that I commented before the kick off about how many people were watching, 1 Billion.

Thread moved from banter to chat. come on Wazza - wakey wakey!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts