Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arshavin: I can't even watch Spurs on TV because I should be playing there - and I'll go on strike if Zenit don't sell me

Andrei Arshavin has revealed he is so unhappy at not joining Tottenham in the summer that he can't even bear to watch them on TV - and will go on strike if Zenit St Petersburg don't sell him in January.

The Londoners instead signed Roman Pavyluchencko for £14m from Spartak Moscow leaving Arshavin to rage: 'If Zenit do not put a realistic price tag on me and let me go, I'll stay but only on paper. I do not want to play for them next year - and won't.

'I'm a professional. I try to play for Zenit as well as I can. But do not feel any satisfaction and my teammates don't have any fun playing with me because they see what a state I'm in.
'Four months ago I told the Zenit president that I did not want to stay. I repeated that several times but my words were either not heard or ignored.

'If I do not want to play then I won't. Which is what will happen next year if Zenit and I do not go our separate ways. There's no way for me to quit without a conflict although that wasn't what I wanted.'

Arshavin also admitted he can't even bear to watch Tottenham on TV, adding: 'I don't have to watch their games. I get full reports of their games anyway from everyone. After my unhappy attempt to move to London, everyone at Zenit is interested in Tottenham.

'After each of their matches absolutely everyone has a dig at me about it, starting with Dick Advocaat.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1083878/Ill-strike-Zenit-dont-sell-Spurs-vows-Russia-star-Arshavin.html

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
trouble is who wants him ?

he made it to 27 without being noticed for a reason.

poborsky shone at a tournament and we bought him , i think managers have learned from that

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
haggler said:
trouble is who wants him ?

he made it to 27 without being noticed for a reason.

poborsky shone at a tournament and we bought him , i think managers have learned from that
Arshavin was fantastic in the last Uefa cup why everybody keeps forgetting that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
its really hard for working class people to understand these vastly paid footballers who threaten to go on strike unless they get their transfer , these players perform well for six months then instantly want to go to a bigger club where their wages will double or treble .they forget about the contract they signed ,the very good wage they already earn and most of this type of player goes downhill once they get their transfer they simply don't perform to the same standard that got them the move !

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
abojodeh said:
Arshavin was fantastic in the last Uefa cup why everybody keeps forgetting that :rolleyes:
But still he wants to move to Spuds? From CL to UEFA Cup. Do you think he wants to bring back glory to his career?:rolleyes:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
spellbound said:
But still he wants to move to Spuds? From CL to UEFA Cup. Do you think he wants to bring back glory to his career?:rolleyes:
yeah but he will be playing in a better league than the Russian Premier League ;)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
spellbound said:
Two words: Siggi Rebrov:rolleyes:
don't compare anybody body to Rebrov :mad: :p

can't understand how people go on and predict that Arshavin would end up a flop
based on his performance against Spain Wenger and Maurinho doubted that we would make it at the prem forgetting that spain had him marked by 2 players most of the time (Senna marked him all the time with Ramos when ever he attacks from the right or Capbevilla when he attacks on the left)

Arshavin faced a team which his players afford a hard physical challenges and harsh tackles a team called Rangers and he paced them out completely

imo Arvshaiv is a great players and he can make it in the epl

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
abojodeh said:
don't compare anybody body to Rebrov :mad: :p

can't understand how people go on and predict that Arshavin would end up a flop
based on his performance against Spain Wenger and Maurinho doubted that we would make it at the prem forgetting that spain had him marked by 2 players most of the time (Senna marked him all the time with Ramos when ever he attacks from the right or Capbevilla when he attacks on the left)

Arshavin faced a team which his players afford a hard physical challenges and harsh tackles a team called Rangers and he paced them out completely

imo Arvshaiv is a great players and he can make it in the epl

So there's a rule to not mark Arshavin in England?:eek:

Seriously, he could make it but thats not the point. He's acting like a child if you ask me if he concider to strike. Like our 30 million man to get away from London. IF this article is correct and he think he's a pro its time to grow up.

And one more thing. Throughout the summer the reports have been that negotiating with Russian players and teams are like a joke many say.
Arshavins Euro Agent said that he think his client is demanding a bit too much. He said the fact that Arse got gold feet was when he didnt only ask for 100k a week but also asked for a multi million signing bonus.
So paying first around 30 million euro for him to the Russian team and then pay the same money for a player who would go on strike....only Abramovic would do such a bad business deal.

Rebrov moved from a CL team to Spuds...now Arshavin wants to do the same. ;)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
well i do think hes very childish and also i lost my respect for him as i lost my respect for Barry and Co.

lets see if the Russian slave will find his freedom at london or not ;)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
As far as iv seen Arshavin, before Euros, during Euros, and after the Euros; his been class. He should definetly been given a chance to play in a better league as the Russian league is not the strongest to judge a player BUT he was class vs Real Madrid this season & plus he murdered Neville in the Super Cup in just 45 mins...yes I know Neville was not at his best and wasn't even match fit, but my point is he can perform vs big clubs. I wouldn't mind if he was to replace Giggs because I do believe Giggsy will retire if he wins the EPL this season as he will win 11 EPLs just like his number ;)

Another player I think is just pure class is Danny who Zenit paid 30m Euros for lol

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
what a muppet, cant stand this sort of behaviour.
he deserves to be left to rot by zenit, stick him in the youth team refuse to sell and wind his contract down.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
thekeanefella said:
what a muppet, cant stand this sort of behaviour.
he deserves to be left to rot by zenit, stick him in the youth team refuse to sell and wind his contract down.
Exactly. Let him rot, the ****.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
versa said:
Andrei Arshavin eyes move to Chelsea or Manchester United

Andrei Arshavin has said he would favour a move to Manchester United or Chelsea....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/3810797/Andrei-Arshavin-eyes-move-to-Chelsea-or-Manchester-United.html
Honestly I thought this guy would sign for Abramovic toy soldiers after the UEFA cup win and before the wonderful night in Moscow. The scenario was perfect, a Russian player in his team. He have had such great success with Smertin:rolleyes: so I thought he would be willing to put up the big money here. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts