Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted so if it has just delete it hehe

Anyway after watching sky sports news this morning I can't believe the way Ashley Cole fouled someone with his studs like that, which is disgusting but then his behavior when he was talking to the ref he turned his back on him.

Well he has apologized but it doesn't give the right impressions to young people who want to become footballers themselves.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
RedCafe have started a petition to ban Cole after the tackle :D

I'm sure they were all deeply horrified by the tackle and are thinking in the interests of our beautiful game ;)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
guys - i have really become concerned about those horrible deliberate or accidental tackles... I mean I can guarantee that every other week there is at least one or 2 stud tackles on some player... now i've heard about FIFA considering a lenght of a ban for a player who excecuted the tackle , to be the same as the period of and injured player's comeback, but what strikes me the most is that I've also heard that they are planning to cut down slideing tackles ! Like in futsal ....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
There are two sides of this debate. One is the person Cashley Cole and his behaviour and on the other side the moral panicking from the grey suits.

I guess this posting was about the I-Do-Anything-For-A-Ruble player and his responsibility as a Premier League player. I think every player have a responsibility for their fans and other young children who look up to their heroes. I work with children myself and I see how easy they get influenced by what’s happening and nowadays you can watch everything over and over again 24/7 on Youtube and other sites. The 8-9 year old boys were talking about the Cole tackle the day after and were browsing the web for similar stuff.
I think the players either don’t know what an impact they got on young children who dream and live football or they don’t care coz it doesn’t concern them. I hope the vast majority is included in the first part. If not, they better learn that a big part of their £100.000+/w wages comes from their money. And if they are unaware of how children react to the stars behaviour they better open their eyes.

The other side of this, the moral panicking from Blatter and others. This man will do anything to get re-elected and now he think’s the world of football wants to exterminate players with bad discipline and shoot their families to erase the sets of genes this player have.
If you as me, the Taylor tackle was bad but ban for life? That’s the worst thing I ever heard of. Compare Taylors tackle to the one Keano gave the Norwegian ******* to the one da Silva got injured at. All this debate only coz the mafia boss Blatter wants to get re-elected. A question I ask myself is would it be the same if it had been an unknown Reading player and not a fancy London club?
Don’t get me wrong. I feel sorry for da Silva. It’s a long absence he is facing and if he’s unlucky it can take a few months extra to get back to his best. We all remember how Keano were struggling to get back after his leg injury and these days Captain Gary Nev is batteling to get fit to play first team football. Those in authority must take action to stop this unneeded undisciplined play which threatens the players health. An injury occurs anyway without getting bad tackles. Also they have to take the responsibility to preserve football as a great sport and to send out signals to the coming generations of footballers that we have to show respect to our team mates and opponents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have always said that Ashley is an .... Nevermind, forum rules not to mention swear words...

But seriously, I respect him as a footballer, but as a man he is just childish. Look at the way he turned his back on Mike and start uttering words with a face that looked as if he was going to cry like a baby...

Jees Ashley, grow up...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hutton: I'd Have Done The Same

From TheSun
Alan Hutton refused to condemn Ashley Cole for his horror tackle and said: I’d have done the same too

England defender Ashley Cole was lucky to escape a red card for his lunge at Spurs ace Alan Hutton in Wednesday’s 4-4 draw.

But Hutton insisted: “He’s gone in to win the ball, I’ve just got in there quick and sometimes that’s what happens.

“I know it was up high but the ball was up high as well and he’s gone for the ball.

“I’ve just nicked it away and I wouldn’t blame him for that because I’ve probably done that in my career before so it’s not a problem. I saw him and he said he never meant it and that’s fine for me.”

Spurs were incensed by the tackle and assistant boss Gus Poyet confronted Cole at half-time only to be told to **** off by the Blues defender.

Chelsea lost the chance to go level with Arsenal and are five points behind leaders Manchester United. Hutton reckons they have now blown their chance of winning the league.

He said: “It’s definitely a major blow for Chelsea — especially with Manchester United winning as well. It meant they definitely had to win at White Hart Lane.

“They probably thought they’d done enough so to then see us come back for a draw will knock the stuffing out of them.”

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He was just thinking he was hard when he did the challenge to impress his boyfriend Lampard. Nah i just think the challenge was nasty and show A Grant has very little control over his players.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
all this talk of videos of his tackle is getting me hot under the collar . i believe the news of the world have some good footage but the editor fancies cheryl so he refuses to share . i believe acorn sums him up well

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Cashley should of got sent off. Why didnt he? What's up with the refs these days? Send of Kuszack but not Cole lmao EPL referring standars are poor like Fergie said I mean perfect example is Clattenburg in various games but especially Everton vs Liverpool. I think if Cole got sent off then for sure Spurs would of took full points but o well shit happens and thats life.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
guys - i have really become concerned about those horrible deliberate or accidental tackles... I mean I can guarantee that every other week there is at least one or 2 stud tackles on some player... now i've heard about FIFA considering a lenght of a ban for a player who excecuted the tackle , to be the same as the period of and injured player's comeback, but what strikes me the most is that I've also heard that they are planning to cut down slideing tackles ! Like in futsal ....
furthermore -that tackle cole excecuted,was followed by another dangerous taylor-a-like" tackle excecuted by mascherano on scholes...as i saod - every week there is a one "taylor-a-like " tackle...and the fact that very often it goes without injury doesn't change the fact that it's a dangerous tackle !

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ashley is one arrogant man who thinks highly of himself. Although I have to admit that he's one great defenders but at times he does things that left people feel disgusted about. Recently his game plays are with hard and tough tackles, which worried me most for us to visit Stamford Bridge.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
there you have it - another fierce tackle was mascherano's on scholes...cole to hutton... eduardo on nani, rooney on kranjcar, j.cole on ronaldo - it needs to stop .

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
and again this week we saw a diaby tackle and a tackle on tevez... both very dangerous with diaby's even worse than taylor's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts