Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hutton: I'd Have Done The Same

From TheSun
Alan Hutton refused to condemn Ashley Cole for his horror tackle and said: I’d have done the same too

England defender Ashley Cole was lucky to escape a red card for his lunge at Spurs ace Alan Hutton in Wednesday’s 4-4 draw.

But Hutton insisted: “He’s gone in to win the ball, I’ve just got in there quick and sometimes that’s what happens.

“I know it was up high but the ball was up high as well and he’s gone for the ball.

“I’ve just nicked it away and I wouldn’t blame him for that because I’ve probably done that in my career before so it’s not a problem. I saw him and he said he never meant it and that’s fine for me.”

Spurs were incensed by the tackle and assistant boss Gus Poyet confronted Cole at half-time only to be told to **** off by the Blues defender.

Chelsea lost the chance to go level with Arsenal and are five points behind leaders Manchester United. Hutton reckons they have now blown their chance of winning the league.

He said: “It’s definitely a major blow for Chelsea — especially with Manchester United winning as well. It meant they definitely had to win at White Hart Lane.

“They probably thought they’d done enough so to then see us come back for a draw will knock the stuffing out of them.”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.