·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bough a ps3
and i didn't know what is the first game to buy
but i remembered a nasty game
it is assassin's creed
i watched the trailers and my cousin told me that the game is wonderful :)
cant wait to play it :eek:
show us your review on the game :)

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
The game is great.........but not for long.

It gets soo repetitive i couldnt be assed playing it and traded it in a week or two after i got it. Only did like 3 or 4 assassinations.

Abo - Buy Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The BEST game on the ps3.
(Get the Game of the Year Edition so you don't have to buy the new maps of the store ;))

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah sols am thinking of buying COD4
and also Top Spin 3
Do Games Take To Much Memory ?
cuz my ps3 is 40GB

·
Registered
599 Posts
abojodeh, some games install hardly any info on the machine besides save data and others install gigs at a time.

For instance, MGS4 install about 3-4GB to start off with, then once its used that info and you move to the next scene it will delete that and write the next scene to the disk.

I have a 40GB PS3 and have loads installed, MGS4, GTA4 etc and I have only used about 6GB thus far. Most games I have come across read off the disc. Whole idea of blueray mate :D

Regards Assassins Creed. I liked the game!
However its very very repetitive and you can easily get bored with it. I finished the game and wasn't really content but its worth playing. Just not worth buying brand new. If you can get it second hand I would as I will never replay mine again and I'm sure hundreds of people have returned or traded in their virtually brand new copies due to this.

As said above COD4 is one of, if not the best game for the PS3.

Fifa 08 is a must and so is MGS4 in my opinion if you have played the MGS titles in the past.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For The Information scott :)
But I Have Already Bought it (assasian's creed)
and i will receive it in 2 weeks time

·
Registered
69 Posts
It is a great game to own for 2-3 weeks. I say 2-3 weeks because I only played it after work and during the weekends

It was very interesting and I enjoyed the gameplay

Got repetitive? Sure but I still found it great to play

I will get the 2nd game and I expect they KNOW how repetitive so it should be a good one

·
Registered
90 Posts
visualy its mint

but like said above very repetative,

if you can swap the game for gta4 or cod4

you wont be dissapointed

as for the 40g issue........it will never be a problem as long as you dont use the hard disc for movie,photo or music storage

plus you can always delete memory of old games thus freeing up space

ive got the 40g too

welcome to next gen gaming

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A SSS SSS A SSS SSS III N N / SSSSS
AAA S S A A S S I NN N SSS SS
AAAAA SSS SSS A A SSS SSS I N N N SS S
AA AA S S AAAAA S S I N NN SS
AA AAA SSS SSS AA AA SSS SSS III N N SSS
AA AAAA SSS
AAAAAAAAAAAAA CCC RRR EEEE EEEE DDD TM SSS
AA AAA C R R E E D D SS
AA AAA C RRR EEE EEE D D S SS
AA AAA C R R E E D D SS SSS
AAA AAAAA CCC R R EEEE EEEE DDD SSSSS

can't wait for the 2nd one :cool:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the game's story is epic

i red many stories and predictions of what ACII will be like

fockin amazing story line fokcin amazing story line

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I've finished the game on PC. The visuals are grand and the gameplay is very stylish. But after the while it gets too repetitive IMO. Not the best game around, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,243 Posts
The game is great.........but not for long.
It gets soo repetitive i couldnt be assed playing it and traded it in a week or two after i got it. Only did like 3 or 4 assassinations.
Regards Assassins Creed. I liked the game!
However its very very repetitive and you can easily get bored with it.
It was very interesting and I enjoyed the gameplay
Got repetitive? Sure but I still found it great to play
but like said above very repetative,
But after the while it gets too repetitive IMO. Not the best game around, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
This thread is very repetitive!!!!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I don't play games but a friend told me Assassin's Creed has a huge amount of in game video footage.

He said the first time you play, there's a massive 20min movie that tells the entire story before you even get to play.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't play games but a friend told me Assassin's Creed has a huge amount of in game video footage.

He said the first time you play, there's a massive 20min movie that tells the entire story before you even get to play.
i think the 20 minute movie is in the collectors edition not the normal one

anyway here is the story

Along the way, however, Altaïr discovers that his targets are bound by more than just a shared interest in personal gain, but are in fact Templars themselves, with the goal to unite all mankind under common rule. Desmond further learns, from emails left overnight between sessions, and conversations with his fellow captive, Lucy Stillman that Abstergo Industries is run by modern-day Templars, who are seeking the locations of several artefacts that they can use to continue the Templars' plans. Desmond learns that he was kidnapped by the company so that they may learn, through Altaïr's memories, the location of other artifacts like the Piece of Eden, which was destroyed six years prior to Desmond's capture, in Abstergo's Denver Facility. What remains of the Assassin's Guild in the modern day, tries, and fails, to recover Desmond before that information could be discovered.

Robert de Sable, the last of the men Altaïr kills, plans to unite the Crusaders and Muslims against the Assassins. In doing so, Saladin and Richard The Lionheart would instead work together and fight the Assassins, and in the process, bring peace. Altaïr finally catches up with Robert de Sable, his last assigned target, and defeats him. De Sable reveals, in his dying words, that Altaïr's master used him to destroy the others who knew of the Piece of Eden, which is capable of altering what men can see and can be used for mass hypnosis. Altaïr travels to face his Master, who wields the Piece of Eden, using it in an attempt a lethal misdirection, but eventually falls to Altaïr's blade. As Altaïr recovers the "Piece of Eden," the device activates one more time to reveal multiple locations across the globe in an holographic manner. With Altaïr's memory complete, Desmond wakes up out of the Animus to learn that Abstergo Industries is already sending out recovery teams to those locations, hoping to find additional artifacts. Desmond, now being of no use for Abstergo Industries, was to be silenced. Lucy's intervention, claiming that he could be of further use, spared his life temporarily.

It is learned later that Abstergo is attempting to gain access to another 'Piece of Eden' so that they may use it against all of humanity. They plan to launch it within an orbiting satellite, set to launch on Dec 21, 2012.

In the conclusion of the game, Desmond, having become "synchronized" with Altaïr, and using Altaïr's eagle vision, and is able to see messages scrawled across the floors and walls, ostensibly written in blood, that only he can see, that refer to the end of the world described by several religions and other writings. Such writings include references to the biblical passage Revelations 22:13 ("I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."), a Lorenz Attractor, the Eye of Providence, the word Al-Zalzalah (الزلزلة) which is Arabic for The Earthquake which symbolizes the end of the world, and other writings in foreign languages. Additionally, there is the Mayan date of 13.0.0.0 — December 21, 2012 — which is also the projected date, on the Mayan calendar, for the end of this age of the world. The mysterious email (Titled "I KNOW") was sent at 13:00 (1:00 pm), though whether this is coincidental or not is unclear.

The point of the story - underneath everything - is that the "Promises of Paradise" Altaïr speaks of when he returns to Masyaf after assassinating Garnier de Naplouse are used to give people who've had everything taken away from them (and are miserable) some hope for a brighter tomorrow. Not so much that Christianity or Islam are "a lie" but that they are used to manipulate people.

Altaïr is "the Prince of Air" - the fallen favorite of The Master. He's also the Scapegoat, and a little bit of Jesus thrown in for good measure. Watch where Al Mualim stabs him when he kills him at the beginning - in the side (Spear of Destiny/Longinus). Altaïr is reborn - both within the story and within Desmond's genetic memory (so much so that Desmond gains one of Altaïr's abilities). Listen again to the speeches of the despots: "The Shaitan is everywhere...watching...waiting." Isn't that what our boy is doing? "It is an honor to die in service to God, fighting for what we believe to be right." In the end, Al Mualim is the "One and Only" (Ahad) - he's made himself God and Altaïr is his arrogant, disobedient 'son' who is the only one left clinging to the idea of Free Will. He used Altaïr to level the competition through his "sword arm"...the warrior he created and nurtured into maturity. In some ways, Altaïr is the only hope left to rescue mankind from the "Night of the Living Dead" effect of the Piece of Eden.

·
Stuck in reverse
4,145 Posts
I LOVE Assassin's Creed. One of my all time favorite games. The only problem is that it can get very repetitive. Oh, and the ending sucks.
Can't wait to play the second one.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:laugh:
Are you serious?
The ending almost ruined the game. That lame fight using magic was gay.
oooh i thought i mean the ending in the real time when you see u can use the eagle vision :laugh:

the fight was lame but its fun

one of the greatest games ever

·
Stuck in reverse
4,145 Posts
oooh i thought i mean the ending in the real time when you see u can use the eagle vision :laugh:

the fight was lame but its fun

one of the greatest games ever
That wasn't that good either.
Though, I agree with you on it being one of the greatest games ever :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts