Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
TheManc said:
Also has anyone been to a recent match vs Liverpool? I'll be going to it so just wondering what the atmosphere will be like compared to previous good atmospheres.
Ill be going too :) Will be my first time watching Utd/Pool at OT and I cannot wait.
Id say the atmposphere will be electric for that one.
The game is pencilled in for a Saturday at 3 pm :eek: (March 14th)
but I presume it will be changed at some stage. Any idea when?
If we do well in the cups we will have a serious back log of games around that time,
especially as we need to squeeze in Fulham and whoever we miss when we go to the World Club Championships.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Ill be going too :) Will be my first time watching Utd/Pool at OT and I cannot wait.
If we do well in the cups we will have a serious back log of games around that time,
especially as we need to squeeze in Fulham and whoever we miss when we go to the World Club Championships.

I was at last seasons fixture! :D...Complete accident the way I got the tickets!! :p

Worst atmposphere I have ever faced at Old Trafford was easily Brum at home
last New Years day, the one Fergie was known for calling the
atmosphere "funeral like"....the stretty was even rather quiet! :eek:

Dunno when I'll be going again though! :(...My brother is off to the Sunderland
one with my dad, so I'm left sitting at home watching Selotanta Sports! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
lol I remember Fergie slagging off the fans that day against Brum, but it was
new years day FFS. people were always going to be hungover to bits.
The fact they even made it to the stadium that day is a credit to the fans lol.
I can just about flick on the tv on New years day.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol I remember Fergie slagging off the fans that day against Brum, but it was
new years day FFS. people were always going to be hungover to bits.
The fact they even made it to the stadium that day is a credit to the fans lol.
I can just about flick on the tv on New years day.

The person next to me brought *****'s for HT and that...

and during the break, started telling me about his lovely Christmas dinner, and
that the turkey in his *****'s was the left overs! :p lol

Went on to make some "funny" pun about his wife...:p...

But hey, it was aday at Old Trafford..a full day (was on the go from 5am till 11
pm)...so I ain't complaining..

I'd sit in OT in the rain and no one else just to experience it!

BTW, off topic here, but anyone ever played, stood, touched OT's surface? :eek:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I still havent been to OT but will in the Champions League game or summut later on! But i got to agree the atmosphere is not right up there, look at Sunderland, Celtic, their atmosphere is wicked and loud and proud and we lack that! Which annoys me, but i think majority of people just want to admore the football played by United but i want more atmosphere! Raise the roof at Old Trafford would be a topping to the Theatre of Dreams!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Well i have got to say its great in my area in the stretford end , but it varies depending on the opposition .
It is mental for the city scousers arsenal etc and a bit quiet for lesser opposition.
It is also fantastic for midweek games under floodlights , the main reason for this is the fans hit the pub about 2 or 3 and the match doesnt kick off till 8 so everyones pi##ed by then.
Having been to a lot of away games over the years i have got to say nobody sings all the time , in fact anfield is dead for long periods of the match.
A prime example of this was celtic away when the crowd all sang for about 10 mins together out of the 90 , the away fans sing non stop all match

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
My guess is that it will be moved to a 12:45 kick off. They should snnounce it soon though.

The atmosphere at OT used to be the BEST in the England. It was rocking. There's loads of vids on youtube of when our fans back in the 60's/70's/80's were at there best. Especially when we would sing songs like Busby's aces, YNWAgain, ect. They put today's atmosphere's to shame.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
got a few little posts that i can answer.
i have two season tickets in FAM208.
the atmosphere is good compared to the south stand (where our family has 3 tickets and ive been sitting this year) and if the atmosphere from the upper tier is good, most people will get into it.

i sat there for liverpool last year, which is probably the best premiership game ive ever been to.
the atmosphere was electric as usual for a game against the scousers. singing almost non-stop, half time everyone went inside and the atmosphere was banging all through half time. in the FAMILY STAND!

game will definitely moved this year. always an early kick off, officially so that reds and scousers have less time in the pubs to get p*ssed and angry! so will be early on the sat or on the sunday.

also went to barcelona last year. best game ive ever been at.
was in the stretford end upper tier so naturally good, but electric that night. you could see people standing all game, all around the ground, which i dont think has ever happened. everyone sung, and after the game it was mad. i was waiting for a mate outside and people would run up and give you a hug and shout a bit. unbelievable.

our ground is quiet, but particularly now with credit crunch, the prices will go up so that glazer can make up for their debt, and ordinary fans who provide the atmosphere will be gradually pushed out. before glazer there was a waiting list for season tickets of over 10 years. now you can phone up and get season tickets straight away.

also, a successful club naturally attracts fans from places abroad. im not talking about london, because all the londoners i go with are very passionate and very loud. same applies for the irish. its more the guys whose english isnt the best and thus cant join in. it's not their fault, and we owe them a lot for making us the biggest club in the world, but the fact is that they are pushing the biggest fans out.

another big issue is that many of the most hardcore reds stopped going to old trafford when glazer arrived. they go to aways, which is why we have possibly the best away support in the country. but they are at fc united or in the pub when we play at home.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
WOW old thread!
i was at liverpool last season and it was class.

anyway i have a ST in ET2 and was moved last night to stretty T2 (3101).
even for low profile games scoreboard end has a better atmosphere compared to last night.

i was in the stretty last year a couple of times but it was hit and miss.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts