Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No doubt, we need to attack Porto from the off next week. In my opinion that means dropping players who are clueless going forward... Players like Park and John O'Shea. And don't start biting my head off... Because quite frankly, they're final ball was constantly shocking tonight. O'Shea got down the wing on numerous occasions tonight and kept hitting the first man. Irritating wasn't the word for it. And as for Park, he is should definitely be behind Nani in the pecking order. As I said during the matchday thread, Nani is ten times more to produce a moment of magic, than Park. Yes, he runs and harries opposing defenders, but as Zuco said in a thread last week, Workrate- It's overrated.... FACHT.

So, what should we do next week? Well, if it was up to me, which it's not, I would be playing with 3 front men and 2 attacking full backs. My team...Best case scenario:

VDS

Rafael Vida Rio? Evra

--Carrick-Fletch-Giggs-----

Ronaldo---------------Rooney
----------Berbatov-------

If Evans and Rio are out, then O'Shea will have to play at the centre. And if Rafael is still not fit, well then we might just have to play Gary Neville at right back and then ot would be :bye2: to our Big Ears trophy.... And if Berbatov is still out then, maybe Tevez in and Ronaldo up top. So, my team... worst case scenario:

VDS

G.Neville Vidic Jos EvrA

--Fletcher----Carrick-Giggs---

Tevez-----------------Rooney
----------Ronaldo------------

Overall, I think we have to attack them from the off and instead of playing the cautious approach we should go with 3 real fowards up top. That is a must!!!!!!!!:specool:

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm hoping we take the game to Porto from the start..

If we play anything like we did against Inter at the San Siro in the 1st leg, we should have enough quality to win the game..!

Hopefully, we will have most of the injured players back and the team will find form coming up to this game..

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
If it was me, I play this in Porto.

VDS
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra

Park Carrick Flecther Ronaldo

Rooney Tevez

We have to have layers who will work away from home. Our two strikers is a must. We play Park to cover the forward runs of Rafael and the rest is pretty much self explanatory. No place for Berba because it's away from home. I can't see him offering much.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
There's no doubt we have to attack, realy hope Fergie will think the same, and not think of putting defensive players in. There's no need of that. We have nothing to loose. The way we played yesterday was a disgrace. No passes completed, chances of scoring wasted. We need 2 strikers upfront and that's a must. The defence, should be without O'shea. That's another must. If we have to win by attacking dropping players like him is a very very very big must. Neville will do much better, cause his crossing has been very effective last night. But i realy hope Neville will play only on the wing and Rio(if he's fit)and VIda to do their job on the center. Ronaldo has to finish playing so superficial, look at the way he treated the situation when they scored the first one. There's a definite lack of concentration and we have to end this now. For the center midfield, well i think it's time for a great game for Giggsy next week in the center, as he did before a lot of times this season. Carrick will join him no doubt. But has to be more focused than last night, because we he gave away a lot of passes. I'm realy torn between Nani and Park, realy don't know what to say, only that we have to attack and that says it all. Nani must be in the lineup, no question of that. He had his mistakes this season, but NOW he must proove all his contestors wrong. as for the attack, i've stood for Tevez since Berba arrived, and i won't change my stance. Rooney and Tevez, for me the best attacking way United can get.
Focus is what we lacked, and we clearly thought this was gonna be a walk in the park. In porto i guess we will proove if we can push more and more if not, that meens it's the end of the gas and we must concentrate of the premiership and not loose that one as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts