Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was a bad night for injurys with 2 of the 4 taking a knock defenders with us light on the ground with defenders at the moment I was wondering what people's views on the defence are.

Who do we think will slot in on Saturday to make up the back four?

And also after looking pretty solid last night would Fergie think of Playing James Chester alongside Vidic ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,358 Posts
Team vs Spuds :

PIG

Fletcher Chester Vidic JOS

Ronaldo Scholes Carrick PJS

Berbatov Tevez

Subs: Foster,Giggs,Tosic,Gibson,Possebon,Welbeck,Macheda?

Neville's also out Dave....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
james chester, i don't think he's ready yet.
id play this back four

gary-oshea-vidic-fabio(if hopefully fit)

it's a very unfamiliar back four but its the best one i could get

but who knows maybe fergie will actually play chester or even ritchie da laet
 

·
United's masseuse
Joined
·
6,296 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Team vs Spuds :

PIG

Fletcher Chester Vidic JOS

Ronaldo Scholes Carrick PJS

Berbatov Tevez

Subs: Foster,Giggs,Tosic,Gibson,Possebon,Welbeck,Macheda?

Neville's also out Dave....
PIG ? Why is VDS a PIG ? :O
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
RoxiiUtd said:
Oh okay okay :p
Why not VDS? is he injuredd ?

No problem tho if he is, Kuszscak we`ll settle with that ;)
VDS rarely plays in cup matches. Fergie saves him for the league and gives the back up keepers a chance in the cup.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the P.I.G had a poor display away at Derby I know everyone did but he looked very nervy Foster looks more calm to me .
 

·
United's masseuse
Joined
·
6,296 Posts
To be honest, i prefer Thomasz to Foster.
I know everyone says that Foster is the future of England, but he hasn`t proved it yet at OT.
Thomasz is a better stopper IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
RoxiiUtd said:
Oh okay okay :p
Why not VDS? is he injuredd ?

No problem tho if he is, Kuszscak we`ll settle with that ;)

vds isn't injured. this is an fa cup tie so its a chance to play some youngsters or atleast i think so
 

·
United's masseuse
Joined
·
6,296 Posts
united forever said:
vds isn't injured. this is an fa cup tie so its a chance to play some youngsters or atleast i think so
yh yh you`re right, there`s a little chance for VDS to feature this weekend, Thomasz will play no doubt. I forgot it was an FA Cup tie tho that is why.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RoxiiUtd said:
To be honest, i prefer Thomasz to Foster.
I know everyone says that Foster is the future of England, but he hasn`t proved it yet at OT.
Thomasz is a better stopper IMO.

Fair enough thats you opinion you can have it.

But in mine he cant kick and he is a nervous wreck on crosses and he shouldnt be at United .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will put my first months wage on Van der saar starting on saturday !!

The Fa cup is a prioraty and Spurs are no mugs
 

·
United's masseuse
Joined
·
6,296 Posts
red dave said:
Fair enough thats you opinion you can have it.

But in mine he cant kick and he is a nervous wreck on crosses and he shouldnt be at United .
Yh he is nervous, its a characteristic i noticed from the first time i saw him playin with the reserves. He has improved his nervousness a lot i can see.
I think he is at the right place, he is training with one of the best goal keepers in the world and he can only improve from that. It`s only the fact that he is already 26 (27 on March) and his improvement was very little in these last years that seems to concern me.
Sayin all that, i prefer him to Foster altho not many seems to agree with me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RoxiiUtd said:
Yh he is nervous, its a characteristic i noticed from the first time i saw him playin with the reserves. He has improved his nervousness a lot i can see.
I think he is at the right place, he is training with one of the best goal keepers in the world and he can only improve from that. It`s only the fact that he is already 26 (27 on March) and his improvement was very little in these last years that seems to concern me.
Sayin all that, i prefer him to Foster altho not many seems to agree with me.

His future lies away from United I couldnt Imagine the P.I.G as our number 1 no way.

Foster seems to be bouncing around like he has springs on his feet lol! He reminds me of Buffon in his style but odviosly he is way off his standard.
 

·
United's masseuse
Joined
·
6,296 Posts
red dave said:
His future lies away from United I couldnt Imagine the P.I.G as our number 1 no way.

Foster seems to be bouncing around like he has springs on his feet lol! He reminds me of Buffon in his style but odviosly he is way off his standard.
Well, i don`t imagine Thomasz as our no 1 either nd i am now starting to fear the idea of him or Foster replacing VDS. VDS is too good to be replaced by someone of his quality, but there`s an end for everything.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top