Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barça Eye Piqué again

Barça Eye Piqué And Coloccini Again
Barcelona have made signing a new central defender a priority after Gaby Milito's injury and have pinpointed Gerard Piqué and Fabricio Coloccini as their two main targets.
The Blaugrana's summer plans were given a knock when Milito was ruled out for six months with a knee injury meaning that the club had to add a new centre-half to their plans.

With Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta likely to leave Camp Nou at the end of the season bolstering the back four was always on theb agenda, but now it is paramount.

Manchester United are well aware of Barça's interest in Piqué and the Blaugrana will test their nerve by making an official enquiry to discover his asking price.

The grandson of former club director, Amador Bernabéu, Piqué rose through the youth ranks at Barcelona before opting to move to England in search of a quick route to top flight football.

A return to Catalunya maybe an attractive one, particularly if he will know that a first-team place is up for grabs alongside Carles Puyol in the centre of defence.

If United's price is too high, then Barça will step up their interest in Coloccini and could make a formal approach for his services as early as next week.

The Argentinian is well aware of the interest and has been told by Deportivo that if the price is right then he could leave in the summer.

Goal.com

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
^^^ It was a controversial signing. I don't think Barca willingly sold him to us.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i hope United won't sell him...like they did with Rossi....Pique is a great addition to the squad....and a great player for the future..so Fergie...don't sell him:(

·
Banned
198 Posts
Sell Poique, there's no signal of a new contract for him and he could become the best defender in Spain after his training contract with manchester united. I think he could well go on to make a fantastic partnership with garay at Zaragoza.. or Even Villareal culd go for him. Money raised + SImpson money raised = contribution for Veloso acquirement :). Wesley first choice back up defender Veloso 2nd.. culd do a solid job as well sitting in front of the defence. So me thinks as Poique needs regular games, it's time for him to move on now :0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts