Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Arsenal | Barca confirm Fabregas fancy

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has confirmed the club want to sign Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas.

Arsenal lured Fabregas away from Barcelona as a teenager after he came through the club's youth ranks.

The 21-year-old has gone on to establish himself as one of the best young midfielders in Europe and a host of clubs have been credited with an interest in his services.

Fabregas has been continually linked with a return to his native Spain with both Barcelona and Real Madrid keen on signing him.

Laporta is a big admirer of the schemer and believes the player would fit perfectly into their style of play.

"I would like very much to see Cesc wearing the shirt of Barcelona," Laporta told Marca.

"He was formed in our academy and it's certain he would adapt to our system of play

"We already have the best midfield in the world but you can always get better."

Arsenal, who are set to welcome Fabregas back from injury for this weekend's clash with Manchester City, would be loath to sell the Spaniard as he remains a key part of Arsene Wenger's plans.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I don't doubt he'll return but it will definitely be at least 5 - 6 years from now. More likely 7 - 8 years.

I can see Fabregas returning when he hits the peak of his career at 27 - 28 after Xavi steps down.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I don't doubt he'll return but it will definitely be at least 5 - 6 years from now. More likely 7 - 8 years.

I can see Fabregas returning when he hits the peak of his career at 27 - 28 after Xavi steps down.
It all depends on The Arsenal winning trophies and meeting Fabregas's ambitions!!

He could well be playing for Barca in the 10/11 Season!

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
I can see him leaving in the next year or two...

Arsenal only have youth now, but most of those should be leaving with the lack of first team footie, the older players are pretty terrible...

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think he could go at the end of the season. Maybe we could make a cheeky bid if Barcelona had one accepted? I know there would be tiny chance of it happening but theres no harm!

can you imagine Barcelona's football:

----------------Eto'o
Henry--------------------------Messi

----------------Iniesta
--------Fabregas-------Xavi

Abidal----Marquez-----Puyol----Alves

It could go one of two ways though, they potentially could play the best football of all time and dominate everybody. Or, they could have too little defensive players (like Brazil in '82) and ultimately fail. They could even have problems with rotation (its okay, we could help them out and sign one of the Xavi, Iniesta, and Fab) but i doubt that will happen.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Fabregas will join in 4 years or so.

Right now the 2 players who play CM for Barca, Xavi and Iniesta, are the only players who are better than Fabregas passing. (I would say Scholes, but physically he's lacking). Toure is a DM.

Xavi is what, 27? Wait until he's in his 30's, get your testimonial at Arsenal, become a legend there, then fulfil your lifetime dream.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
lets hope they catch him
I would rather he stayed at Arsenal. Even if they don't play for us its great to have the worlds best players in our league. We're blessed to be able to see the Rooneys and Fabregas's every week and I'd hate to see 'em leave. Plus having players like that here helps attract other big players to England.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
can you imagine Barcelona's football:

----------------Eto'o
Henry--------------------------Messi

----------------Iniesta
--------Fabregas-------Xavi

Abidal----Marquez-----Puyol----Alves

They would probably win every game 5-4.
A team with such attacking wealth needs a big strong defensive midfielder. Yaya Toure is the man they have now. The team you mentioned above would be flimsy through the middle. I can see Fabregas moving somewhere in a couple of years but as it stands Inniesta and Xavi are better than him. Amazingly Fabregas would struggle to make the first 11. But anyway, the story could be bollocks. Ill just believe it when I see it.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
They would probably win every game 5-4.
A team with such attacking wealth needs a big strong defensive midfielder. Yaya Toure is the man they have now. The team you mentioned above would be flimsy through the middle. I can see Fabregas moving somewhere in a couple of years but as it stands Inniesta and Xavi are better than him. Amazingly Fabregas would struggle to make the first 11. But anyway, the story could be bollocks. Ill just believe it when I see it.
I actually don't think they are better than him really, well, maybe Xavi is actually but he's on a par with Iniesta. I think if Fabregas was playing for Barcelona in Spain, and Iniesta for Arsenal in England people would rate Fabregas higher.

But yes I agree, all great attacking teams needs a defensive midfielder, thats why Real Madrid collapsed when Makalele went to Chelsea.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I actually don't think they are better than him really, well, maybe Xavi is actually but he's on a par with Iniesta. I think if Fabregas was playing for Barcelona in Spain, and Iniesta for Arsenal in England people would rate Fabregas higher.

But yes I agree, all great attacking teams needs a defensive midfielder, thats why Real Madrid collapsed when Makalele went to Chelsea.
maybe Xavi?
Xavi is the most creative midfielder in the world. A good bit better than Fabregas.
Iniesta is also amazing and they both kept Cesc out of the Spain team in the Euro's, which says a lot.
fabregas is quality and Ive been reading in another thread that he is better than Gerrard :rolleyes:
which is bollocks. Gerrard and xavi are the 2 best mids in the world.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
maybe Xavi?
Xavi is the most creative midfielder in the world. A good bit better than Fabregas.
Iniesta is also amazing and they both kept Cesc out of the Spain team in the Euro's, which says a lot.
fabregas is quality and Ive been reading in another thread that he is better than Gerrard :rolleyes:
which is bollocks. Gerrard and xavi are the 2 best mids in the world.
When I said maybe Xavi I meant definitely Xavi lol. I still think Fabregas and Iniesta are on a par, and are probably the next 2 best midfielders in the world behind Gerrard and Xavi.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
When I said maybe Xavi I meant definitely Xavi lol. I still think Fabregas and Iniesta are on a par, and are probably the next 2 best midfielders in the world behind Gerrard and Xavi.
where does ronaldo figure ?

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
didnt fabregas say he would leave if they didnt win anything this year i dont think they will but i cant really see him leave!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts