25,467 Posts
can you imagine Barcelona's football:

----------------Eto'o
Henry--------------------------Messi

----------------Iniesta
--------Fabregas-------Xavi

Abidal----Marquez-----Puyol----Alves

They would probably win every game 5-4.
A team with such attacking wealth needs a big strong defensive midfielder. Yaya Toure is the man they have now. The team you mentioned above would be flimsy through the middle. I can see Fabregas moving somewhere in a couple of years but as it stands Inniesta and Xavi are better than him. Amazingly Fabregas would struggle to make the first 11. But anyway, the story could be bollocks. Ill just believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I actually don't think they are better than him really, well, maybe Xavi is actually but he's on a par with Iniesta. I think if Fabregas was playing for Barcelona in Spain, and Iniesta for Arsenal in England people would rate Fabregas higher.

But yes I agree, all great attacking teams needs a defensive midfielder, thats why Real Madrid collapsed when Makalele went to Chelsea.
maybe Xavi?
Xavi is the most creative midfielder in the world. A good bit better than Fabregas.
Iniesta is also amazing and they both kept Cesc out of the Spain team in the Euro's, which says a lot.
fabregas is quality and Ive been reading in another thread that he is better than Gerrard :rolleyes:
which is bollocks. Gerrard and xavi are the 2 best mids in the world.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
didnt fabregas say he would leave if they didnt win anything this year i dont think they will but i cant really see him leave!
He said they need to match his ambitions. Dont think he will leave just yet anyway, not while he is captain. They are still in the FA cup and CL so ya never know, they may get lucky and win something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.