Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
No. Organised teams are like kryptonite to Barcelona.

It will probably be them getting 65% of possession but
getting into our box once or twice and us scoring from
a through ball attack or something.

Their only hope is from corner kicks.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Yeah they could be a danger to us but we could be a massive danger to them. We will have long spells without the ball and we will need to be disciplined, plus we will need to be composed when we do get the ball after a long time chasing it, and make good use of it. Their defenders will be terrified of our pace, movement, and power also. Both teams are potentially a huge danger to each other and it should be a memorable match.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
of course they could....but we aren't some cheap outfit that doesn't attack,doesn't defend and can't play...we are every bit as good as barca,better infact....so lets enjoy our time in the sun...and my god when we lift the CL again....ooooooooooh i can't wait.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
We shouldnt be complacent.

but at the same time, we shouldnt fear Barca.

I expected the CL final to be like the game against Arsenal yesterday. but we were very disciplined, and Rio was not playing.

With Rio back for the CL final to lead the troops, we were be even better at defending than we did against arsenal. which means, barca would have to work really really hard to find space.

and another, why couldnt it be another way round - barca fearing us?
afterall, they have marquez, milito, alves, abidal, and possibly iniesta and henry out. thats a full back line and 2 world class attacking player out.

·
Child of Bhaal
3,055 Posts
No, they actualy can't kill us. If they do win, it'll probably be after penalties or a very tight scoreline. Barca are one of those teams that would rip a lesser club (read: most of the spanish league clubs) apart. But against a well-organised and balanced team like ours, they will always struggle.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.