Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
President demands £30million for playmaker
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_3493038,00.html

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has placed a 40million euros (£31.5m) price-tag on Ronaldinho.

The Brazilian playmaker is believed to be heading for the Camp Nou exit at the end of the season following an unsettled campaign in Spain where he has struggled for form and fitness.

Milan were thought to be close to landing Ronaldinho's signature, but the moved stalled over Barcelona's asking price.

A number of Premier League club's have also been linked with a summer swoop, but Laporta is not willing to let Ronaldinho leave cheaply and has hinted that the 28-year-old could yet stay with Barcelona.

"I only say that Ronaldinho is worth more than 40 million euros" Laporta said in Gazzetta dello Sport.

"He has never created the slightest problem and I'm sure he will return to how he was before, as soon as he is well.

"He just needs to find new motivation, but it's no foregone conclusion that he has to leave because he can find this with us, given that his contract runs until 2010."

Laporta also confirmed that English clubs have shown an interest in Ronaldinho but he believes Milan remains his most likely destination, should the former Paris Saint Germain star opt to leave.

"We have had many offers from England, but Milan is the team who have showed the best interest," added Laporta.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I read that earlier and was surprised by the price tag. A couple of years ago Ronaldinho would have easily commanded £35m+ but after the season he's had I thought it'd be closer to £20m.

There are not many teams in World football who can afford that and it's already lead to Inter ruling themselves out of the running.

I think Barca can be negotiated down but £35m is a very high price to start from. Do the likes of City and AC Milan have that sort of money?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Oeff thats a little too much for an out of form player..? Okay maybe his good especially when on form but I do NOT want Man United spending that much for him..

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
RichardsReds said:
He is still a great player.

Zidane cost far more when he was hitting the end of this career!
true enough, but Zidane was still the best player in the world at that time.. I'd nearly fancy Real to go for him!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
eoininho said:
true enough, but Zidane was still the best player in the world at that time.. I'd nearly fancy Real to go for him!
Good point about Zidane, who was one of the finest players to ever play the game.
It kind of annoys me that he retired. Im sure if himself and Keane were to
put the boots back on for a game or 2 they would pee over any other
midfield duo around. I honestly believe that.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Good point about Zidane, who was one of the finest players to ever play the game.
It kind of annoys me that he retired. Im sure if himself and Keane were to
put the boots back on for a game or 2 they would pee over any other
midfield duo around. I honestly believe that.
Chalk it down they would!! its always honorable to hang up your boots before you fade! I read recently an article where a Sunderland coach was asked who he thought was the best player at sunderland.. 'without a doubt Roy' he said! not that i was surprised!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Probably Chelsea have this type of money seeing as they have loads of money but dont know what to do with it.He is worth less in my opinion

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
31 MIL ? ha ! For a player who is injured and outta form..... rarely playing well and no motivation.... no work ethic..... no way !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts