Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 920 Posts

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to started this thread because Barcelona have been simply phenomenal this season. The have scored 59 goals in 19 league games. That is an average of 3.1 goals a game. They have conced 13 which is 0.7 goals a game with a goal difference of +46. They are winning the league by 12 points.

Their attacking threesome is amazing. Messi has got 21 goals in 21 starts in all competitions. Eto'o has 19 goals in 19 starts. Henry has 10 goals in 17 starts.
Henry has 5 assists. Messi has 10 assists. Eto'o has 2.

There midfield is brilliant. With Xavi pulling the strings they have in my opinion the best central midfielder in World football. He has 11 assists and 6 goals. They also have other top quality players such as Iniesta, Toure, Keita, Hleb and the promising Sergio Busquets.

In their defence they have Dani Alves who has been absolutely sensational this season. He has 8 assists in all competitions this season. Whenever I look at the player ratings he is usually an 8.5 or over which shows how important he is to their attack. They have Puyol and Marquez at the back who are both excellent defenders and Abidal who I am not convinced by but he is getting better each week.

I enjoy watching Barcelona because you always get goals and thie attacking line-up is IMO the best in the world.

So what do you think could this Barca team become one of the greatest. They are my tip for the Champions League and already have the La liga sewn up. I think that Messi is the best player in the world without doubt and potentially the best player ever.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
All I can say is how can people stop the front three of Messi , Henry and Eto

WOW!!!

All Genuis of there positions!
i could stop them :p nah but seriously evry time ive seen them theve looked fantastic and as you ay they would be my tip for the champions league

messi 21 goals and 10 assisits in 21 games is ****ing amazing

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
red dave said:
All I can say is how can people stop the front three of Messi , Henry and Eto

WOW!!!

All Genuis of there positions!
a sniper would be a good place to start ;)

awesome this this season, guardiola has been a surprise as manager , i thought he wouldnt it into the new year, but he has them playing some seriously good football.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
While the front three of Messi, Eto'o, and Henry are great, you have to mention Xavi and Iniesta to get them the ball in the right places.

However, their defense, in my opinion is somewhat suspect. Puyol and Marquez have been shaky at times in the past couple seasons, and Abidal is well past it. But their offense does make anyone in their right mind nervous.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Great post, agree with every word, particularly the bits about Messi and Xavi.
Ive followed Barcelona for a long time and this is the best attacking team I have
seen, better than when the likes of Romario, Rivaldo, Stoichkov, Ronaldo and co.
were there.

I watched the game this evening as well and they trounced Depor 5-0 I think,
Henry got 2, Eto'o got 2, Messi scored a beaut, so you can add those goals to your stats.

They are now 15 points ahead in the league :eek: and are on 50 points at the
half way point in the season. Its truly amazing, I recommend that everyone
watch Barca or at least watch the highlights.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1978051/

They will be favourites to win the CL, and they are a far better team than when
we played them last season.(Which is scary)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Iniesta and Xavi are an absolute joy to watch, they make me smile. Like Cappy said though, their back four is suspect, and Victor Valdes isn't really that great.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
This Barcelona team could go down as one of the best of all time. If there is any justice in the world, Messi will win the Ballon d'Or and FIFA POTY for this season. Their attacking prowess is remarkable. Messi, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta... Not to mention Henry, Keita, Busquets, and Krkic. Their defense is suspect at times, but does that really matter when their offense has possession for most of the game, and scores goal after goal after goal? They've just slaughtered teams. This is something out of FIFA 09 to be honest. I'm going to pray for whoever Barça face in the CL.

I'm just glad I got a Barça kit with MESSI on the back before this season started.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
They certainly are in spectecular form this season. I also posted a video highlighting the Osasuna game.

They have so many players on form this season and they really will be the team to beat in Europe.

Xavie has been tremendous as have been Eto'o, Messi, Alves, Henry. This is a great team at the peak of their form. My only hope is they have peaked to early (if there is such a thing).

Hopefully complacency will creep into their play by the later stages of the season, while United have only stepped out of second gear during the Chelsea game.

We still haven't hit 4th or 5th gear which to me is a good sign. Our lack of creativity in midfield is a worry for me though. Berba kees dropping deep to alleviate this problem, but Fergie has to address this going forward.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Barcelona are amazing. Although I find it amusing that after all the hype Hleb has pretty much done nothing except get injured.

Ditto for Flamini @ Milan. LEaving Arsenal was the worst move both of them have made for their careers.

Z

·
0 Posts
Theyre playing some amazing football. Scoring more than 3 goals a game on average is a testament to their attacking play. If they don't win La Liga this year I'll be amazed. Messi has been on fire so far and looks a dead cert to follow Ronaldo to all the player of the year awards next year if he keeps it up.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
they're kinda scaring me at the moment:p they're just to good, 4 now...hope we don't face them this season in the champions league if we qualify further in the competition

·
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barca won 4-1 yesterday against Numancia. Messi got a brace and Eto'o and Henry got 1 each. Barca were poor in the first half but sensational in the second. In truth it could have been 8 or 9. Messi had 2 one-on-ones and hit the bar with one and the other was a poor effort. Eto'o also could have had another 2 but for a horrible touch when he was one-on-one and fired wide when he should have made the keeper make a save. I think that everyone should try to watch Barca. There attacking play is brilliant and a joy to watch. I also thought that Dani Alves was fantastic last night.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
La Liga is more or less over now. Barcelona are dominating Spain in a way that is simply mind boggling.

If there's a single statistic where they aren't on top of the table I've yet to hear about it.

Just look at the tables. 3 of the top 4 scorers in La Liga play for Barcelona with David Villa the lone exception.

However it's the La Liga table itself which is frightening. Barca have amassed a massive 15 point lead.

They can afford to lose 3 games on the trot & they'd still be 6 points ahead. :eek:

This pretty much means when the CL rolls around they can afford to play an extremely weakened La Liga side.

It won't matter losing one game to them. That way they can keep all their star players super fresh for the CL.

I'm backing them for the Champions League & La Liga double this year.

·
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dlan4327 said:
La Liga is more or less over now. Barcelona are dominating Spain in a way that is simply mind boggling.

If there's a single statistic where they aren't on top of the table I've yet to hear about it.

Just look at the tables. 3 of the top 4 scorers in La Liga play for Barcelona with David Villa the lone exception.

However it's the La Liga table itself which is frightening. Barca have amassed a massive 15 point lead.

They can afford to lose 3 games on the trot & they'd still be 6 points ahead. :eek:

This pretty much means when the CL rolls around they can afford to play an extremely weakened La Liga side.

It won't matter losing one game to them. That way they can keep all their star players super fresh for the CL.

I'm backing them for the Champions League & La Liga double this year.

I'm backing them to do the double aswell. I would love a Barca-United final. What a feat of attacking football.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
they're kinda scaring me at the moment:p they're just to good, 4 now...hope we don't face them this season in the champions league if we qualify further in the competition
the question is if they qualify

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
they totaly outclassed Numancia yesterday...Messi is in the form of his life. grea performance. great 4th goal.the primera divison is already theirs. no questioning that

1 - 20 of 920 Posts