Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Goal.com

Daniel Alves has reached a principle agreement to sign for FC Barcelona in the summer in a deal that would see him pen a five-year contractual deal and earn three times his current salary.

The Brazilian full-back has made his intention to leave the Andalucian club clear a year after being refused a lucrative transfer to join Chelsea and has taken the first step out of Sevilla, according to Sport.

While Alves may have agreed to a switch to Camp Nou, however, he is not free to just walk away from Sevilla and will be reliant on Barça negotiating a fee.

Last summer both Chelsea and Real Madrid were reported to have made huge offers for his services, but president José Maria del Nido turned both clubs down.

It was Del Nido's refusal to even discuss a transfer 12 months ago tat has caused Alves to make the first move this time around as he did not understand how José Antonio Reyes, Julio Baptista and Sergio Ramos could leave, but not him.

Sevilla asked Chelsea for between €35 and €40m, yet when an offer of €36m was received the club still said no and that led to a public spat between Alves and the president.

Barça had made ensuring that the player wanted to join them a priority and this agreement will bolster confidence that next season can bring a new look to the side.

Alves is rumoured to be the first of four big-name signings that the Blaugrana are set to approach as they are ready to splash €100m on new players.

This move will also open the door for Gianluca Zambrotta to move to Milan.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Source: Goal.com

Daniel Alves has reached a principle agreement to sign for FC Barcelona in the summer in a deal that would see him pen a five-year contractual deal and earn three times his current salary.

The Brazilian full-back has made his intention to leave the Andalucian club clear a year after being refused a lucrative transfer to join Chelsea and has taken the first step out of Sevilla, according to Sport.

While Alves may have agreed to a switch to Camp Nou, however, he is not free to just walk away from Sevilla and will be reliant on Barça negotiating a fee.

Last summer both Chelsea and Real Madrid were reported to have made huge offers for his services, but president José Maria del Nido turned both clubs down.

It was Del Nido's refusal to even discuss a transfer 12 months ago tat has caused Alves to make the first move this time around as he did not understand how José Antonio Reyes, Julio Baptista and Sergio Ramos could leave, but not him.

Sevilla asked Chelsea for between €35 and €40m, yet when an offer of €36m was received the club still said no and that led to a public spat between Alves and the president.

Barça had made ensuring that the player wanted to join them a priority and this agreement will bolster confidence that next season can bring a new look to the side.

Alves is rumoured to be the first of four big-name signings that the Blaugrana are set to approach as they are ready to splash €100m on new players.

This move will also open the door for Gianluca Zambrotta to move to Milan.
great player will be a major asset to barcalona

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank goodness the deal isn't early enough to bring him to Barca before the our clash against them for the semi-final tie of the Champions League!! :eek:

Imagine if they actually hve both Dani Alves & Lionel Messi on their right-flank??

·
Registered
427 Posts
Did anyone see Alves play for Brazil at the emirates a few weeks ago? To me he looked poor after hearing of his reputation. Granted it was only one game but he looked way off to likes of say lahm who played today in the uefa cup...

In the brazil friendly, alves was active in getting the attack but his services were poor, he was caught in transition, gave the ball away cheaply and just didnt put in anywhere near a great performance... Idk, 35 mill seems ridiculous. Personally, I'd rather have Lahm. He played brilliantly today for BL.

Cheers

Z

·
0 Posts
He's an awesome player. He had the most assists in La Liga last season.
That's pretty good going for a right back! But, he also had the most yellow
cards and most fouls committed. He dives a lot and he's very dirty! But if you
want all of those assists in your team as barca do then they will be willing to
take the rough with the smooth.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He would have been a great signing for United but I dont think he is
worth all that money. As long as he doesnt go to another English team
then Im happy.......Chelsea for example could really do with a top notch rb.
As Barca as my second team, then Im quite happy with this.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Well,I would take Lahm over Alves any day.Lahm is very,very versatile and would be Ronaldo perfect partner on the right hand side.Lahhas good vision,great pace and is a two-footed player that can change a game in the blink of an eye if he is around the right players

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Thank goodness the deal isn't early enough to bring him to Barca before the our clash against them for the semi-final tie of the Champions League!! :eek:

Imagine if they actually hve both Dani Alves & Lionel Messi on their right-flank??
The transfer can only happen in the summer transfer window so even if he signed the pre-contract tomorow he will not play for Barca till next season's pre-season. I really liked him and was hoping he came to United but oh well things like this always happen. I guess we can stick to Lahm now because Bara were interested in him too but since they got Alves it should be easier for us to sign Lahm. I also think Mendy should be considered. Another down factor of bringing Alves would of been the fee! :eek: I would not pay 40m for him! I would rather pay 40m to get Sergio Ramos but not Alves.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I rate Lahm more highly than Alves but I wouldn't buy him to play on the right. He may be right footed, as everybody points out regularly, but he's plays best as a left back. It allows him to cut inside and unleash his devastating right footed shot. Personally I believe the best right back in the world is Sergio Ramos. He won't leave Madrid though.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
alves? i think he might be a little over-rated and he isnt worth that much. i would for lahm. he's more versatile and has a lesser ego.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Alves is a great right back. I think only a fit Gary Neville and Sergio Ramos could compete, but I would just hate if United would pay the touted price of 30-40 mil for him.

I have to mention that Hargreaves has been putting in some nice crosses into the box during the last two matches and would not be opposed to him playing at right back. I'd prefer someone more experienced in that position, but I have confidence in Hargreaves that he would do very well in that position.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sparkic said:
The transfer can only happen in the summer transfer window so even if he signed the pre-contract tomorow he will not play for Barca till next season's pre-season. I really liked him and was hoping he came to United but oh well things like this always happen. I guess we can stick to Lahm now because Bara were interested in him too but since they got Alves it should be easier for us to sign Lahm. I also think Mendy should be considered. Another down factor of bringing Alves would of been the fee! :eek: I would not pay 40m for him! I would rather pay 40m to get Sergio Ramos but not Alves.
Yeah, I know that spark...don't be an echo as I used to be one too ;)
I also agree that a player like Philipp Lahm would be much more suitable player for United. He's really under-rated & I believe that he's certainly up there as one of the top wing-backs in the world currently, along with the likes of Patrice Evra, Sergio Ramos, Gianluca Zambrotta, Gary Neville, Eric Abidal, Sisenando Maicon & etc. Great overlapping runs, explosive pace down the flank, extremely versatile & packs a thunderous shot in both feet. Moreover, he'd cost us £8million only! :eek:
That's a superb bargain for United ffs!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
somehow - I have a hunch ( maybe I'm mistaken ) this guy is going to be the new Cicinho.... that means - he won't succed at the big stage...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
well...that end's the speculation of us buying him....:).....hm..i wonder who will we buy on the right flank....Lahm...Bosingwa....Richards...Ramos...?..who knows...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yes this is quite good news for us :)

It leaves a door open for Phillip Lahm because they arent going to be interested in him now and also if he decided to leave then it would have to be maybe Madrid to even tempt him from joining us :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts