Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! I wanted Barca to win, and they did, coming from behind to win 2-1. :p

Barcelona are the new champions of Europe after they beat ten-man Arsenal 2-1 in the Stade de France. A rain-sodden night in Paris saw Jens Lehmann sent off in only the 18th minute when he brought down Samuel Eto'o but Arsene Wenger's still held a lead at halt-time courtesy of Sol Campbell's header. There were valiant attempts to keep out Barcelona in the second 45 minutes, but their defensive rearguard was eventually breached in the 75th and 81st minutes respectively through Eto'o and substitute Juliano Belletti. The first period was a quintessential classic in terms of embracing all the elements that make-up a fine spectacle. There were missed chances, a sending off, contentious referring decisions, a goal and a plethora of fine attacking play.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Arsenala s usual werent gracious after the defeat. Same onld Wenger and his boys continuesly blaming the ref for the failures.

Infact the ref helped them, their goal cam from a freekick that was the result of a dive by Eboue.

Henry for all his brilliance is an arrogant twat!! I hate the fcuker :mad: :mad:

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Well, fair result in the end. Barca banged Arsenal for the entire game and it was only fair to see them snatch a cruel victory from arsenal at the death.

Was a game marred by poor refreeing though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
great game enjoyed it better than the 2005 final ,i was disapointed to see giuly's goal ruled out because i really think he deserved to score in the final after the disapointment of getting injured in the 2004 final against porto and consequently missing out on france's euro 2004 squad , after the match i was very pleased to see giuly after the end of the match with the biggest smile on his face that was great to see would have loved to see him at ot but its abit late now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts