1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nuff said,

Breath-taking.

Messi is the best player in the world.

Henri has just joined an elite group of players to reach 50 goals in the CL.

Barca deserve the CL this season.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Jesus wept!! They are absolutley astonishing!!!!!!!

TBF though Klosse is a MASSIVE loss for Bayern,but that doesnt deny Barca's unbeliveable ease at destroying teams........

Should have been 5 then,what a miss

·
Registered
137 Posts
Simply amazing. Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings in midfield. Messi, Eto'o and Henry rotating and causing havoc.

We could take a leaf out of there book you know...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
And to think SO many were writing Henry off :rolleyes:
Still World class in my eyes. he never 'lost it' as some suggest, he just had an indifferent season in a new league and he couldnt nail down a proper position. And he had some injuries.
Barca look frightening though. Eto'o best striker in the World, Messi best player in the world. World class players like Henry, Xavi and Inniesta. They can still be got at though. Defensively they arent as good as some other teams.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Gonna have to watch the highlights of this! As for them deserving the CL, i doubt it. They'll deserve it when they win the final.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Theres a thread on here somewhere where i was proclaming how we missed out on Henry years ago,even when he went to Barca,he had a rough patch and was 50/50 on staying,but with his Arsenal ties I dont think hed ever come to OT.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Holy SHIT!! :eek: just saw the highlights of that half. Messi is WOW. Some of their play was just astonishing. I saw Messi got booked for diving as well, when it was a clear penalty. And then van Bommel took Messi out and didnt even get a yellow. Dirt!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
well at least one team everyone predicted will make it to the final . The way Barca is playing there's no way they can loose out on the final.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I've been watching the Liverpool/Chelsea game..
But just seen the goals there at half-time..
Messi is a Genius, without a doubt the best player in the world..
He passed the 1st goal into the net, brillant assist for Eto'o to score the 2nd, scored the 3rd goal from gambling and getting into the box, played a huge part in Henry's goal to make it 4 before Van Bommel took him out, good finish from Henry aswell..!
Barca are class at the moment, world class players in midfield and up front, but they are still vunerable at the back, so i wouldn't be fully confident of them winning the CL out..!

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Barça have been beaten this year.

But you cannot expect a shutout, they're gonna score. You just need to score more than they do, like Atletico did (4-3)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Iniesta almost made it 5-0.

Messi is wonderful

Totally running the show and his passing is exquisite too.

it would be a travesty if he is not named this year's European and world player of the year.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Iniesta almost made it 5-0.

Messi is wonderful

Totally running the show and his passing is exquisite too.

it would be a travesty if he is not named this year's European and world player of the year.
Been saying that for many months. Its been in the bag for a long time.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Barça have been beaten this year.

But you cannot expect a shutout, they're gonna score. You just need to score more than they do, like Atletico did (4-3)
Yeah..... they can definitely be beaten. A bit like brazil though, in that they also can beat you 6-0.

They are playing with more believe than last year though and their attacking play is mesmerizing. every player takes two touches max.....the ball control is magnetic. passing superb.... damn!

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Yeah..... they can definitely be beaten. A bit like brazil though, in that they also can beat you 6-0.

They are playing with more believe than last year though and their attacking play is mesmerizing. every player takes two touches max.....the ball control is magnetic. passing superb.... damn!
And defensively, you see them everywhere. in the last minutes, Eto'o was back in his box putting pressure on Ribery. Barça are on a roll this season, no doubt.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If Barca put in the effort they did in the 1st half, they would have totally humiliated Bayern. To think that Bayern did so well in the previous round.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts