Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
If Barca put in the effort they did in the 1st half, they would have totally humiliated Bayern. To think that Bayern did so well in the previous round.
No, they didn't.

WE did shit. Might as well not have been there, for all we did in the pitch. Seriously, go watch the goals.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Barcelona are the one truly great club side in the world this season. They are a wonderful side in every way, they play football exactly as it should be played and if they do indeed with the Champions League this season I could not hold it against them.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
How scary are Barca? :wacko:

It should have been A LOT more than 4-0, and I think Bayern only had one chance in that game. :blink: They have a truly great team and I think they'll win the big two this year (not sure if they're still in the Spanish cup.)

Two bad sides were that the Bayern keeper got bad cuts on his face after Henry caught him with his feet, and Van Bommel was lucky to escape for deliberately taking Messi out before Henry's goal.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Get this. Messi, Eto'o and Henry have scored 79 goals between them this season in all comps :eek:
**** me that is amazing :eek: id say our whole team has barely scored more has it? maybe about 30 but for 3 players to nearly have 80 goals that is simply breath taking!

i still think that if some team gets at thier defense they could cause them some problems but they wont win 1-0 or 2-0 it will be 3-2 or 4-3 or something like that it is nearly impossible to keep Barca scoreless

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Can we not put current scores in the thread titles? Some of us watch reruns on champions league match days.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It's been quite clear for a while now that whoever wants to win this competition will have to beat Barca. Further emphasised tonight. Messi was amazing again, 2 goals, an assist plus helped in the 4th.

Whats more, 4-0 flattered Bayern:eek:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
**** me that is amazing :eek: id say our whole team has barely scored more has it? maybe about 30 but for 3 players to nearly have 80 goals that is simply breath taking!

i still think that if some team gets at thier defense they could cause them some problems but they wont win 1-0 or 2-0 it will be 3-2 or 4-3 or something like that it is nearly impossible to keep Barca scoreless
I agree, their defense is suspect. But Barcelona control the game so wel against anyone that teams barely have a sniff around their area with enough bodies to do any damage. I do actually have a sneeky feeling that if they were to face Arsenal in the final, Arsenal's pace and movement could carve them open big time.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts

Yeah, i agree there.. There's no chance you can stop Barca scoring over 2 Legs, but their defence is very suspect and they do give you chances to score goals against them..!
Their midfield and forward players are amazing and as good as Messi was last season, he's outrageously good this season, he's just unstoppable unless you take him out like Van Bommel tried..
But like you said a team could score twice against Barca, but they could still lose to them 4-2 or something like that, they always will score goals..!

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Can we not put current scores in the thread titles? Some of us watch reruns on champions league match days.
So maybe go watch the game instead of coming here... I mean, it's a football forum, chances are, there's gonna be spoilers ;)

Yeah, i agree there.. There's no chance you can stop Barca scoring over 2 Legs, but their defence is very suspect and they do give you chances to score goals against them..!
Their midfield and forward players are amazing and as good as Messi was last season, he's outrageously good this season, he's just unstoppable unless you take him out like Van Bommel tried..
But like you said a team could score twice against Barca, but they could still lose to them 4-2 or something like that, they always will score goals..!
I have no idea how many games they've scored in Copa D'el Rey this season, but they have 85 goals in La Liga and 33 in the Champions League, including the 1st knockout round...

So yeah, that's some scary offensive firepower.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
So maybe go watch the game instead of coming here... I mean, it's a football forum, chances are, there's gonna be spoilers ;)
They're on at the same time, and the one that wasn't televised isn't shown until later.

I avoid threads about games in progress if I'm watching the rerun to avoid spoilers. I'm merely asking for the score not to be put in the thread title. That's it.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
They're on at the same time, and the one that wasn't televised isn't shown until later.

I avoid threads about games in progress if I'm watching the rerun to avoid spoilers. I'm merely asking for the score not to be put in the thread title. That's it.
Streaming, then...? Watch one on TV, the other on the computer.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Not in the same room. Though that sounds pretty cool.
It is :D

And I've just confirmed, Barça are in the final of the Copa Del Rey, having scored 13 goals.

So, 85+33+13 = 131 goals this season so far. I have no idea if they have a League cup or not...

131 goals in 48 matches...

2.73 goals per game

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
It is :D

And I've just confirmed, Barça are in the final of the Copa Del Rey, having scored 13 goals.

So, 85+33+13 = 131 goals this season so far. I have no idea if they have a League cup or not...

131 goals in 48 matches...

2.73 goals per game
I see someone's done their homework:D
Yeah they're unstoppable going forward, that's for sure, 131 goals:eek:

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
They were unbelievable today but bayern had players like lahm and co missing but im not trying to put a downer on barcelonas win because nobody can play the ball as well as them but i kinda felt sorry for bayern lol. Plus i spent a year in germany so im kinda biased too but i still think bayern could have put up a better showing with their full team than they did with this.

Anyway messi and eto are amazing and with henry, they have an engine on the right who is used to scoring, its crazy.

I know messi is ridiculously good but just for about 2 years iniesta has always been a personal favourite of mine. I think he is brilliant.

Messi, iniesta, eto'o, xavi and henry...need i say more?

pique played today aswell and looked good. Boy has he had a great education and start to his career. Played a youth for barcelona. Came to united, won the champions league and league a few times, played some games for us and managed to spend loads of time learning with rio and vidic. Goes back to his boyhood club and is now starting a game in a quarter final of the champions league alongside the likes of messi having already played with ronaldo. Crazy eh.

One thing you can say is that while rossi and pique never really 'made' it at united, fergie did not ruin their careers. If anything, he improved them by them coming here for abit.

pz! :cool:

ps. i still think united CAN beat barcelona but we have our own problems, getting past porto will be a tough enough task.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
They were unbelievable today but bayern had players like lahm and co missing but im not trying to put a downer on barcelonas win because nobody can play the ball as well as them but i kinda felt sorry for bayern lol. Plus i spent a year in germany so im kinda biased too but i still think bayern could have put up a better showing with their full team than they did with this.

Anyway messi and eto are amazing and with henry, they have an engine on the right who is used to scoring, its crazy.

I know messi is ridiculously good but just for about 2 years iniesta has always been a personal favourite of mine. I think he is brilliant.

Messi, iniesta, eto'o, xavi and henry...need i say more?

pique played today aswell and looked good. Boy has he had a great education and start to his career. Played a youth for barcelona. Came to united, won the champions league and league a few times, played some games for us and managed to spend loads of time learning with rio and vidic. Goes back to his boyhood club and is now starting a game in a quarter final of the champions league alongside the likes of messi having already played with ronaldo. Crazy eh.

One thing you can say is that while rossi and pique never really 'made' it at united, fergie did not ruin their careers. If anything, he improved them by them coming here for abit.

pz! :cool:

ps. i still think united CAN beat barcelona but we have our own problems, getting past porto will be a tough enough task.

Very good post.
I want to add only the Bayern Head Coach factor,because Bayern looked not organized,not motivated like previous years. Klinsi was great player ,but as a head coach he is one of the worst ever in Bayern history.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Messi is WOW. Some of their play was just astonishing. I saw Messi got booked for diving as well, when it was a clear penalty.
No way that was a penalty. Just cause there is contact doesn't mean it was a penalty. If that were the case, then there should be 7 penalties awarded, 5 yellow cards, 2 reds, and an arrest on every corner kick. Contact does not mean foul, and had Ronaldo won that/tried that in yesterdays game he would have been branded on here by half the posters.

And then van Bommel took Messi out and didnt even get a yellow. Dirt!
Should have been red. :red:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts