Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching Barca on GolTv...it's 4-0 at Half Time ( 4 Eto'o goals ). I wish that United would play a bit more like that...short quick passes till an opening occurs. I think that "we" have the talent to do that...on paper, anyhow!

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think different teams have different types of style when it comes to how they play there football. I think barcelona are taught to play this football through its youth system all the way up to the 1st team and thats why its possible and natural for them to play like this and when they buy player it takes abit of time for them to get used to it unless they're young ans can still learn alot.

United are more famed for using the wide men more aggresively...and being abit more tactically niave...abit like madrid.

I honestly dont think anyone can pass a ball across the park like barcelona but we have a great brand of football imo as it is.

I do think we have players of good enough technical ability to play that type of football but they have iniesta and xavi and messi who the ball sticks onto and one touch football for them is natural.

I still think we're more of an explosive team and have less weaknesses than barcelona but that may be a controversial thing to say as im watching this match too and they are looking stunning right now whereas we just lost.

But sometimes teams peak to early ;-)

pz!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very well said all around! You're an "analytical sort"...I like that!

I should have mentioned that United and Barca do NOT play common opponents so......that may be a factor!

Also, at their best, Arsenal play a similar style, in my opinion anyhow!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Barcelona have always played diagonal balls & tried to open up space where there is none.

A lot of people try to compare them to Arsenal but honestly I don't buy that. Sure Arsenal have the best passing game in the EPL...

However Arsenal go for the long pass, over the top sometimes. Barcelona almost always go short & diagonal where possible.

Either way I enjoy watching both teams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts