Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laporta Furious After Laptop Theft

Joan Laporta was left fuming after a laptop was stolen from his office at Camp Nou during Barcelona's encounter with Manchester United on Wednesday, but the thief was caught on camera.

The robbery was not discovered until the day after, but was immediately reported to the Catalan police, Mossos d'Esquadra, who are confident that they will find the person responsible.

According to reports, the man climbed through a window into the presidential area before taking the computer from the club supremo's office inside the stadium while the game was going on.

One reason why Laporta was so angry was because of the personal information contained on the laptop and because of the ease with which the thief gained entry to a secure area.

"It is a very serious matter," a club spokesman told Marca. "The thief will be pursued and brought to justice using every means possible."

Only three days earlier Frank Rijkaard's pad in the plush Sarría neighbourhood of Barcelona was broken into by thieves while the Dutchman and his family were in another part of the house.

Laporta, the head of the Catalan police and the head Barça's security team were involved and vowed to catch the perpetrators of that crime, which saw the burglars take watches, jewellery and cash.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
gaz001 said:
So that explains where Ronaldo went during Tuesdays game.
I have nothing to add to that. So very funny. So very true.:D For some inexplicable reason when I read the article and got to the point where it said that Laporta was furious that it was so easy for someone to break into a restricted area, I immediately had a flashback to that South Park episode about Imagination Land where the boys keep breaking into the Pentagon until a General yells "WHY IS IT SO EASY FOR YOUNG BOYS TO BREAK INTO THE PENTAGON!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts