Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from Football365.com - Home - Football365 News - Transfer News, Gossip, Football News And Views, England, Champions League And Premiership, Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool

Barnsley owner Patrick Cryne insists the club will still pursue legal action against Sheffield United over Iain Hume's injury even if they are not relegated to League One.

Hume joined the Tykes from Leicester last summer but has not featured since suffering a fractured skull following a challenge by Sheffield United defender Chris Morgan five months ago.

Seventeen MPs have signed an Early Day Motion asking the FA to take action against Morgan and Barnsley are currently seeking legal advice.

"We are looking at the legal hurdles in the way of seeking to recover damages from Sheffield United. Our action will not be dependent on whether we are relegated," Cryne told the Yorkshire Post.

"Our argument is, simply, that we paid a lot of money for Iain Hume in transfer fee and wages and we have lost his services through a violent, reckless, or intentional act.

"His loss to Barnsley FC had a serious impact on our season."
Well if it was against anyone else other Sheffield United I would think it's wrong but after their behaviour over the Tevez affair they deserve it.

Z

·
0 Posts
Taken from Football365.com - Home - Football365 News - Transfer News, Gossip, Football News And Views, England, Champions League And Premiership, Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool

Well if it was against anyone else other Sheffield United I would think it's wrong but after their behaviour over the Tevez affair they deserve it.
So for every injury as a result of a tackle, clubs should have the right to sue eachother? No football would ever be played because everybody would be in court full time.

Sheffield United did nothing wrong either, they were relegated because West Ham fielded an ineligible player. Sheff should have stayed in the Prem and West Ham should have been relegated.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So for every injury as a result of a tackle, clubs should have the right to sue eachother? No football would ever be played because everybody would be in court full time.

Sheffield United did nothing wrong either, they were relegated because West Ham fielded an ineligible player. Sheff should have stayed in the Prem and West Ham should have been relegated.
They bitched and moaned about it. Put it simple they had their fate in their own hands and they just simply weren't godo enough. Tevez or not. They behaved so petty afterwards. they deserve everything they get in my eyes.

Z

·
0 Posts
They bitched and moaned about it. Put it simple they had their fate in their own hands and they just simply weren't godo enough. Tevez or not. They behaved so petty afterwards. they deserve everything they get in my eyes.
Of course they bitched and moaned, they were relegated because West Ham cheated. The courts even agreed that West Ham cheated and ordered them to pay Sheff united millions of pounds in compensation. Even the Premier League agreed that they cheated, but didn't have the balls to relegate them. Can you imagine the fuss we'd kick off if we lost the title by one point because Liverpool fielded an ineligible player and he scored the winner to help them to the title?

Sheffield united were good enough, West Ham weren't and they had to field an ineligible player to again an advantage.

I really don't understand what you think Sheff Utd did wrong :confused:

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They did, but another team cheated to gain more points, as was proven in a court of law.
They had it in there own hands though. They could have easily stayed up. Didn't they even beat West Ham? They had the chance to finish off the job and couldn't do it.

Z

·
0 Posts
They had it in there own hands though. They could have easily stayed up. Didn't they even beat West Ham? They had the chance to finish off the job and couldn't do it.
The point is Dave that West Ham cheated to avoid relegation and Sheffield United had every right to kick up a fuss. the courts agreed, the league agreed, the FA agreed and almost everybody else in football agreed. Every other club that has fielded an ineligible player has either been deducted points or kicked out of the cup, West Ham should have been given the same punishment but the league bottled it because West Ham are a big club and Sheff Utd are not.

Z

·
0 Posts
Yeah, but were West Ham kept up only because of Tevez, would they have stayed up without him? Possibly.
Highly unlikely and largely irrelevant. Fielding an ineligible player always gets punished by a points deduction unless the name of your club is West Ham.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Can you imagine the fuss we'd kick off if we lost the title by one point because Liverpool fielded an ineligible player and he scored the winner to help them to the title.
That's a good point. I'd be well pissed off if that were the case for us.
Sheffield United didn't do anything wrong too IMO and you'd have to feel sorry for them really. Still they could finish in 2nd and get promotion or even win the play-offs yet.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The point is Dave that West Ham cheated to avoid relegation and Sheffield United had every right to kick up a fuss. the courts agreed, the league agreed, the FA agreed and almost everybody else in football agreed. Every other club that has fielded an ineligible player has either been deducted points or kicked out of the cup, West Ham should have been given the same punishment but the league bottled it because West Ham are a big club and Sheff Utd are not.
They were punished though Zuco. It was a record fine at the time and I think it still is.

Tbf, if it was really reinstation they wanted they didn't try very hard. The corporate guys got greedy and just thought of the money. It came down to £10million in teh end over 5 years. Talk about sheer greed. It wasn't like they were fighting the good fight. They were fighting for their pocket and simple greed. I lost some respect for them over that. If they rejected the money and demanded to have some stucture put in place where they have another crack at the PL. Then that would have been fair enough. Especially if every club like you said agreed with them, they would have no problem. Alas, they just wanted money at the end of the day.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Sheffield had every right to sue west ham, they cheated and stayed up. As for barnsley suing, wtf is that about, suing a club for the actions of one of its players, mental.

Z

·
0 Posts
They were punished though Zuco. It was a record fine at the time and I think it still is.

Tbf, if it was really reinstation they wanted they didn't try very hard. The corporate guys got greedy and just thought of the money. It came down to £10million in teh end over 5 years. Talk about sheer greed. It wasn't like they were fighting the good fight. They were fighting for their pocket and simple greed. I lost some respect for them over that. If they rejected the money and demanded to have some stucture put in place where they have another crack at the PL. Then that would have been fair enough. Especially if every club like you said agreed with them, they would have no problem. Alas, they just wanted money at the end of the day.
To be fair Dave, 10 million is pennies compared to the money they would have got for staying in the Premiership. West ham didn't have a leg to stand on, Sheffield united were 100% in the right and have no blame in this whatsoever.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be fair Dave, 10 million is pennies compared to the money they would have got for staying in the Premiership. West ham didn't have a leg to stand on, Sheffield united were 100% in the right and have no blame in this whatsoever.
Oh don't get me wrong mate. I know. It's probably costs United £30 million.

But why did they go chasing the money? If I were United, I would have given up after the points deduction wasn't given. Saying that I would want my club to fight tooth and nail for our status. They only started truly fighting when it came down to how much money they could earn. That's the thing I think is wrong.

Z

·
0 Posts
Oh don't get me wrong mate. I know. It's probably costs United £30 million.

But why did they go chasing the money? If I were United, I would have given up after the points deduction wasn't given. Saying that I would want my club to fight tooth and nail for our status. They only started truly fighting when it came down to how much money they could earn. That's the thing I think is wrong.
They fought to get as much money as possible that they'd lost as a result of being relegated. They did absolutely nothing wrong.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They fought to get as much money as possible that they'd lost as a result of being relegated. They did absolutely nothing wrong.
Why didn't they fight tooth and nail for their status? I would want my club to say 'stick the money'. We want our status or nothing. Being in the Premiership should have been the only concern. Not the amount of money they could recieve from it. A one season 21 PL teams season would have been the fairest. Four relegations with only three up.

It was only one player. Like I said, if they were good enough they would have stayed up because they really had their own fate in their own hands.

Z

·
0 Posts
Why didn't they fight tooth and nail for their status? I would want my club to say 'stick the money'. We want our status or nothing. Being in the Premiership should have been the only concern. Not the amount of money they could recieve from it. A one season 21 PL teams season would have been the fairest. Four relegations with only three up.

It was only one player. Like I said, if they were good enough they would have stayed up because they really had their own fate in their own hands.
No amount of logic will help me win this argument. You've clearly made your mind up so I'll leave you to it.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Sheffield United had every right to bitch and moan and eventually sue West Ham for fielding an inelegible player imo, had tevez not played the final 10 games of the season for West Ham they would have been relegated and Sheffield United wouldn't have!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts