Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Why didn't they fight tooth and nail for their status? I would want my club to say 'stick the money'. We want our status or nothing. Being in the Premiership should have been the only concern. Not the amount of money they could recieve from it. A one season 21 PL teams season would have been the fairest. Four relegations with only three up.

It was only one player. Like I said, if they were good enough they would have stayed up because they really had their own fate in their own hands.
this is not logical. it was westham's fault. and what if the 4 dont include sheff united and westham? the club at the 17th position would be kicking out a great fuss.

your logic is flawed.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
The fact the players were in the position to sue West Ham for loss of earnings was a bit ridiculous, Ken Bates, the man who never misses a trick, discovered had sheffield stayed up additional clauses in transfer fees would've been owed so was gonna sue for that, even Fulham could've sued... where does it stop? It seems that had the Premier League had the bottle to do the right thing and relegate West Ham this all could've been avoided.

G

·
This was the worst challenge since Keano on Haaland, it made Ben Thatcher look tame...

In "extreme" cases it should be the action, not every injury...
So United should have been sued for the actions of Keane? And the actions of Cantona? :confused:

Players are governed by rules but they also have free will and in a moment of madness the club has no control over the players actions. It's stupid to punish a club for something an individual did.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
So United should have been sued for the actions of Keane? And the actions of Cantona? :confused:

Players are governed by rules but they also have free will and in a moment of madness the club has no control over the players actions. It's stupid to punish a club for something an individual did.
Did Cantona seriously injure a player maliciously causing them to have a weakened side for the rest of the year?

Keano should have been sued, sorry, but its the truth...

G

·
Did Cantona seriously injure a player maliciously causing them to have a weakened side for the rest of the year?

Keano should have been sued
, sorry, but its the truth...
You've just successfully argued my point for me. Cheers.

Keano should have been sued, not the club.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If someone assaults you in real life you get them charged for assault not sue them. If someone headbutts someone at work should their employers be held accountable for their employees actions?

·
16,031 Posts
You've just successfully argued my point for me. Cheers.

Keano should have been sued, not the club.
I didn't mean just Keano, if it needed to go through the club then so be it

He asked if Keane or Cantona should be sued

Nice way if misinterpreting things to try win arguments :thumbsup:

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
this is not logical. it was westham's fault. and what if the 4 dont include sheff united and westham? the club at the 17th position would be kicking out a great fuss.

your logic is flawed.
Why? it would be just for one season and surly if like Zuco said all the clubs agreed with Sheffield United then let them have that extra spot. Not flawed at all, just one way of dealing with it. The bolded parts work.

I don't understand by the way, whats the difference between Liverpool fielding Mascherano and West Ham field Tevez that year? Poor paperwork?

·
16,031 Posts
Why? it would be just for one season and surly if like Zuco said all the clubs agreed with Sheffield United then let them have that extra spot. Not flawed at all, just one way of dealing with it. The bolded parts work.

I don't understand by the way, whats the difference between Liverpool fielding Mascherano and West Ham field Tevez that year? Poor paperwork?
Mascherano was properly registered with Liverpool

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.