Manchester United Talk banner

Barry fan or not?

988 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  akash_reds 
#1 ·
Ive alway's been a believer that gareth barry is one of world football's most underated players . But it now seems managers and fans alike are starting to take a shining to him . He can play a variaty of roles and his passing is excellent if you look back at his goal tally it isnt bad for a mifield player . So are we fans or are we not ?

for me im a big fan and if we to sign english it would be barry

#5 ·
yangch0000 said:
and i dun understand why barry gets the nod before carrick in the england squad.
While his club career has gone from strength to strength, Carrick still remains on the fringes of the England set-up. It will be curious to see if he will feature in Fabio Capello's plans for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers, but he will have to displace Aston Villa's Gareth Barry if he is to claim a midfield slot for The Three Lions. Barry has played in the Premier League more this term, but is not too far ahead of Carrick in terms of overall match statistics.

#9 ·
Garreth Barry is a good midfilder and his range of passing is good, but I can say without bias that carrick is much better. He would be a good squad player in our team and adequate in central midfield or on the left for Nani : )

So yeah, I think he would be a good acquisition, but I'm not sure he would want to go from being a club captain to being a squad player. If he does, it would be great though and we could finally offload Darren fletcher. :p

It has to be said though that Barry strikes me as a confidence player and if he's "demoted" to a squad player there's a risk he might not be as good as he is now and then he might not be very useful.

G
#11 ·
He's a decent player but he's not even close to the standard required
to be a United player. We are already overcrowded in midfield already
and IF we signed him (I'll bet my life we won't) he'd be way down the
pecking order.

#12 ·
barry is a great player
he is fast and able to play more than one place
he used to play in the left and nowdays he play defencive middle and also he is able to play as a left back
so any injury to evra giggs nani scholes carrick hargreaves and scholes will not be a problem cuz barry plays in that positions
and also barry is good in set-piece
and he is a true captain

#13 ·
Very good player and always has been for Villa. Sweet left peg.
never quite got the exposure he deserved over the years,
because of guys like Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard grabbing all the
headlines. I heard the figure of 14 million being thrown around.
At that price (in the current bargain) it must be considered a bargain.

#14 ·
Jazz 16 said:
Very good player and always has been for Villa. Sweet left peg.
never quite got the exposure he deserved over the years,
because of guys like Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard grabbing all the
headlines. I heard the figure of 14 million being thrown around.
At that price (in the current bargain) it must be considered a bargain.

is that in the current market jazz lol!! yeh i would agree i would love him at united a great utility player . My old man is a big fan of he's and he is very rarely wrong about a player .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.