Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United target Schweinsteiger as Ronaldo replacement.

Telegraph

Manchester United target Bastian Schweinsteiger as Ronaldo replacement
By Telegraph staff and agencies

Despite putting on a brave face in their high-stakes battle to keep Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford, Manchester United are making a contingency plan in the burly form of Germany and Bayern Munich winger Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing a £12 million bid for the German in the event that Ronaldo leaves the club to join Real Madrid, according to Sunday newspaper reports.

Target man: United are interested in signing Bastian Schweinsteiger

News of Manchester United's interest will disappoint Chelsea with the West London club also preparing a bid for the 23-year-old who is in the last year of his contract with Bayern and has attracted considerable attention from Premier League clubs after stating his interest in moving to England.

"England does have a good appeal, as it is one of the world's best leagues and I have heard all about it from Michael (Ballack), Jens Lehmann and Thomas Hitzlsperger who have all played there," Schweinsteiger said. "I've always wanted to play there and we'll see if it happens this year."

The tempermental midfielder, sent off in Germany's first game at the European Championships against Poland but likely to start against Spain in the final, will discuss his club future in the coming days.

Schweinsteiger has apparently already discussed the situation with Bayern's new manager Jurgen Klinsmann, the former Germany coach and Spurs forward.

"I may stay with Bayern but the coach has promised to be supportive of whatever decision I make," Schweinsteiger said.

==========================================================

I would certainly not complain if we got him.

I think hes a highly under-rated player, and we could certainly do a lot worse.

I would like to see him here.

Your views?

·
The White Heskey
8,606 Posts
Bastian Shweinsteiger today admitted he would like a move to manchester united or arsenal.the germay midfileder would cost united £10m should alex ferguson decide to buy him.

Also Klaas Jan Huntelaar failed to sign a ne deal at Ajax and would now be open to offers,leaving the door open for united.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
have to admit that he's been very good for germany at the euros. my concern would be that i hear he's a bit of a popstar and i don't know that it would be a good acquisition if so.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Not a chance , he's a pile of **** tbh . Do u really think he can replace 42 goals.
Furthermore , Ronny isn't leaving. Fergie said so , therefore = true...

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dazzaq07 said:
Do u really think he can replace 42 goals.
Name me one winger in the World who can replace 42 goals and I'll show you a flying pig.

If we sign a 25-30 goal a season striker, we won't need a 42 goal a season winger. That was our problem last year that we needed the 42 goals.

Anyway, if we receive a fantastic offer for him, we should let him. Hes a money-grabbing, egotistic brat and I for one, like many other supporters, want him gone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
uh... the german is linked to united... i'm impressed with his showings in this euros, i love his style in set pieces which reminds me of someone blond that played for united... i think he's good! but i don't think good enough to be a united player, i'm just concern because of his club form... he's playing tremendously well for germany but last season when his playing for bayern munich he's struggling and not even a first choice in his position...

imo i think david silva is more attractive because of his versatility and flexibilty, he can play in either side of the midfield and even as a support/second striker, and he's form is astonishing, both for his country and club!

·
Banned
46 Posts
we need Ronaldo or at least someone like MESSI, tORRES or Benzema . And there is no chance of getting someone like them...Are you honestly saying Scweinsteiger would be a good replacement for Ronny .
HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bastian is a great player but i think that buying him would be a problem because he plays with Bayern Munchen. But if we get him then he could be the ideal replacement for Ronaldo. And i think that he wouldnt want to leave ous and play for Spanish clubs like Ronaldo want.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dazzaq07 said:
we need Ronaldo
No. We don't need Ronaldo. We are not a one man team.

And we certainly don't need an egotistic, money-grabbing brat who doesn't care about the club or supporters, and someone who thinks hes bigger than Manchester United.

You are quite clearly just a Ronaldo fan.

dazzaq07 said:
Are you honestly saying Scweinsteiger would be a good replacement for Ronny .
Yes, he would be. Hes a great and very under-rated player. With Schweignsteiger on one wing, and Nani on another in addition to a 25-30 goal a season striker, we don't need Ronaldo (And read up there ^ to see what else he is)

dazzaq07 said:
HAHAHAHA? wtf is that? Are you a moron or something? You certainly look like one.

And learn how to write and type properly. Your post was quite laughable.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
dazzaq07 said:
we need Ronaldo or at least someone like MESSI, tORRES or Benzema . And there is no chance of getting someone like them...Are you honestly saying Scweinsteiger would be a good replacement for Ronny .
HAHAHAHA

Schweinsteiger would definitely be an option. He is a very talented right midfield player and plays with tenacity, which is something the current team could use more of.

In your first reply you actually assert that SChweinsteiger is ****.

You obviously can't have seen much of him or your languistic skills are too limited to convey what you actually mean to say.

If you had said, you don't think he would be a good signing, that would have been fine, but for you to say that he is ****, just makes your footballing opinion a joke!

I would weigh in and say, Schweinsteiger is a very good player, but he has had trouble replicating his displays with the National team at club level.

He has talent though and I wouldn;t mind him playing for Man Utd.

This doesn't mean he is on par with Ronnie, but if you wanted to sign a right midfielder, Schweini would definitely be on the short list.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RedForceRising said:
Schweinsteiger would definitely be an option. He is a very talented right midfield player and plays with tenacity, which is something the current team could use more of.

In your first reply you actually assert that SChweinsteiger is ****.

You obviously can't have seen much of him or your languistic skills are too limited to convey what you actually mean to say.

If you had said, you don't think he would be a good signing, that would have been fine, but for you to say that he is ****, just makes your footballing opinion a joke!

I would weigh in and say, Schweinsteiger is a very good player, but he has had trouble replicating his displays with the National team at club level.He has talent though and I wouldn;t mind him playing for Man Utd.

This doesn't mean he is on par with Ronnie, but if you wanted to sign a right midfielder, Schweini would definitely be on the short list.
He can also play on the left, but is better on the right imo.

I agree absolutely. Hes certainly different to anything we have atm.

Hence why I said his post was laughable. Hes a joke tbh

That is a potential problem, but I think that coming here would fix that.

Absolutely. And we can't go looking for someone whos on a par with Ronaldo because their isn't anybody. To replace Ronaldo, we need to replace him with a winger (such as Schweinsteiger) and a 25-30 goal a season striker imo. I think that the lack of a 25-30 goal a season striker was the reason why we relied on Ronaldos goals as much.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
dazzaq07 said:
Not a chance , he's a pile of **** tbh . Do u really think he can replace 42 goals.
Furthermore , Ronny isn't leaving. Fergie said so , therefore = true...
An off topic question...
Do you guys think he can have another 42 goal season or will he keep improving his numbers...or was this the peak?

...wherever he will play next season/year!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spellbound said:
An off topic question...
Do you guys think he can have another 42 goal season or will he keep improving his numbers...or was this the peak?

No

I would be very surprised if he gets anywhere near 42 goals tbh wherever he is.

I think this is just a special season.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
spellbound said:
An off topic question...

No and I hope he doesn't - here's why:

In the 06/07 we played some beautiful football and the goals were flying in from all over the place. Even hen R & R weren't scoring, Carrick or Park would chip in with a goal, Ole had 11 if I remember correctly, Saha had about 13 and several other players got on the score sheet too.

In the 07/08 season, we were too reliant on Ronaldo. It's a good thing he didn't get injured or we would have had some serious problems.

I would like for The other players to step up their game (one again) and start finding their scoring boots. it's not good for a team to be as reliant as we were.

Whenever Ronaldo wasn't scoring, we struggled. We usually did find a goal eventually, but it was usually a real hard struggle. Thank God for Tevez, who saved us on those occasions.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
manutd004 said:
He can also play on the left, but is better on the right imo.

I agree absolutely. Hes certainly different to anything we have atm.

Hence why I said his post was laughable. Hes a joke tbh

That is a potential problem, but I think that coming here would fix that.

Absolutely. And we can't go looking for someone whos on a par with Ronaldo because their isn't anybody. To replace Ronaldo, we need to replace him with a winger (such as Schweinsteiger) and a 25-30 goal a season striker imo. I think that the lack of a 25-30 goal a season striker was the reason why we relied on Ronaldos goals as much.
Well, I'm glad we agree so much! :)

I think the same way you do, it would take TWO signings to counter-balance the sale of Ronnie.

Then again, Ronnie's leaving will necessitate some change and maybe Wayne and Carlos will get the chance to score more often.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RedForceRising said:
No and I hope he doesn't - here's why:

In the 06/07 we played some beautiful football and the goals were flying in from all over the place. Even hen R & R weren't scoring, Carrick or Park would chip in with a goal, Ole had 11 if I remember correctly, Saha had about 13 and several other players got on the score sheet too.

In the 07/08 season, we were too reliant on Ronaldo. It's a good thing he didn't get injured or we would have had some serious problems.

I would like for The other players to step up their game (one again) and start finding their scoring boots. it's not good for a team to be as reliant as we were.

Whenever Ronaldo wasn't scoring, we struggled. We usually did find a goal eventually, but it was usually a real hard struggle. Thank God for Tevez, who saved us on those occasions.
When I complained in about February that the centre-back and central midfielders, for example, weren't scoring as much as we were becoming reliant on Ronaldo, everyone was saying "Who needs it when Ronaldo is scoring them all?"

It turns out I was right, and we were too reliant on Ronaldo.

But I think one of the main problems was not having a 25-30 goal a season striker, and because of the way Ronaldo played.

He always got himself into great positions, and because of the fact he didn't just play on the right.

RedForceRising said:
Well, I'm glad we agree so much!

I think the same way you do, it would take TWO signings to counter-balance the sale of Ronnie.

Then again, Ronnie's leaving will necessitate some change and maybe Wayne and Carlos will get the chance to score more often.
I was going to add this in, but when I saw you replied, I thought I'd give it a seperate section.

I think that if Ronnie does leave, then it will raise the team in a similar way to Henry leaving affected the Arsenal team.

I think the rest of the team would raise their game, and although we were playing as a team last season, we would play more as a team and it would galvanise the rest of the team, and we would see more goals from the other positions.

I also think, as I've continually said, with a winger like Schweinsteiger, a 25-30 goal a season striker, plus the team playing better and more as a team like I said ^, we will soon forget about Ronaldo.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts