Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
dazzaq07 said:
we need Ronaldo or at least someone like MESSI, tORRES or Benzema . And there is no chance of getting someone like them...Are you honestly saying Scweinsteiger would be a good replacement for Ronny .
HAHAHAHA

Schweinsteiger would definitely be an option. He is a very talented right midfield player and plays with tenacity, which is something the current team could use more of.

In your first reply you actually assert that SChweinsteiger is ****.

You obviously can't have seen much of him or your languistic skills are too limited to convey what you actually mean to say.

If you had said, you don't think he would be a good signing, that would have been fine, but for you to say that he is ****, just makes your footballing opinion a joke!

I would weigh in and say, Schweinsteiger is a very good player, but he has had trouble replicating his displays with the National team at club level.

He has talent though and I wouldn;t mind him playing for Man Utd.

This doesn't mean he is on par with Ronnie, but if you wanted to sign a right midfielder, Schweini would definitely be on the short list.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
spellbound said:
An off topic question...
Do you guys think he can have another 42 goal season or will he keep improving his numbers...or was this the peak?

...wherever he will play next season/year!
No and I hope he doesn't - here's why:

In the 06/07 we played some beautiful football and the goals were flying in from all over the place. Even hen R & R weren't scoring, Carrick or Park would chip in with a goal, Ole had 11 if I remember correctly, Saha had about 13 and several other players got on the score sheet too.

In the 07/08 season, we were too reliant on Ronaldo. It's a good thing he didn't get injured or we would have had some serious problems.

I would like for The other players to step up their game (one again) and start finding their scoring boots. it's not good for a team to be as reliant as we were.

Whenever Ronaldo wasn't scoring, we struggled. We usually did find a goal eventually, but it was usually a real hard struggle. Thank God for Tevez, who saved us on those occasions.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
manutd004 said:
He can also play on the left, but is better on the right imo.

I agree absolutely. Hes certainly different to anything we have atm.

Hence why I said his post was laughable. Hes a joke tbh

That is a potential problem, but I think that coming here would fix that.

Absolutely. And we can't go looking for someone whos on a par with Ronaldo because their isn't anybody. To replace Ronaldo, we need to replace him with a winger (such as Schweinsteiger) and a 25-30 goal a season striker imo. I think that the lack of a 25-30 goal a season striker was the reason why we relied on Ronaldos goals as much.
Well, I'm glad we agree so much! :)

I think the same way you do, it would take TWO signings to counter-balance the sale of Ronnie.

Then again, Ronnie's leaving will necessitate some change and maybe Wayne and Carlos will get the chance to score more often.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
haggler said:
bastian pig sticker replacement for ronaldo mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha mwaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha i have a platinum rolex studded with diamonds but if i lose it i will accept a plastic timex from insurance as a replacement . he is barely good enough for prem never mind utd
- Haggy, this thread is not saying Schweini is as good as Ronaldo, but if Ronaldo were to leave we would need to bridge that gap and the thread creator feels that we would need a right winger and a striker to bridge that gap and if you were looking for a right-sided midfielder Schweinsteiger would be a good option.

Your assertion that he is barely good enough for the prem is laughable.
And I laugh at it. - ha ha ...

dazzaq07 said:
I firmly agree with you mate. At least someone round here has some common sense.
- And you ..... I see you had the common sense to get yourself banned. You're so opinionated, but your opinion is based on false observations. I hope it's a permanent ban, otherwise the intelligence of this forum would be lowered by the drivel that you have been posting.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
haggler said:
not only is he average at best he also has a comedy hair do and i have it on good authority he is unkind to children and animals , he also sweats profusely so would create a bad aroma around the club . dazzaq07 surely showed impeccable judgement in agreeing with me and must be unbanned forthwith :D

Ach Haggs.... Ja, ja.

I really mean what I am about to say, you are a gem on this forum! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.