Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
The Chosen Juan
4,690 Posts
I'd be very surprised if Pep was foolish enough to let him leave, but if we managed to sign Bastian you don't understand how happy I would be...this is my boy and he has been ever since this :

Obviously he's majestic in central midfield, but you must not have been paying attention if you think he was a poor winger.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
bastian pig sticker replacement for ronaldo mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha mwaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha i have a platinum rolex studded with diamonds but if i lose it i will accept a plastic timex from insurance as a replacement . he is barely good enough for prem never mind utd
classic :D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
bayern will never let it happen and bastian will not want a move, tbh i see him as our scholes/giggs, club will never sell, player will never want to leave..poor media reports

·
Saviour of the Forum
12,868 Posts
http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php...racker-2013-14-budget-unlimited.47253/page-31

#flashlogic

"I love the kind of speed of the English game but I don't know what will happen with me," Schweinsteiger said in The Sunday Times.

"I have a contract until 2012 and we'll see.

"What I love is the atmosphere in English stadiums. When we played last year in Manchester it was fantastic.

"My brother is a big fan of Man U and he always says, 'Go to Man U, go to Man U.' I say, 'I can't, I can't."

He laughed: "Maybe they can swap me for Rooney."

- Schweinsteiger 2010

TFIA, Fiat Cunto

In the words of the great Chef....."put em in your mouth and suck em!"

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php...racker-2013-14-budget-unlimited.47253/page-31

#flashlogic

"I love the kind of speed of the English game but I don't know what will happen with me," Schweinsteiger said in The Sunday Times.

"I have a contract until 2012 and we'll see.

"What I love is the atmosphere in English stadiums. When we played last year in Manchester it was fantastic.

"My brother is a big fan of Man U and he always says, 'Go to Man U, go to Man U.' I say, 'I can't, I can't."

He laughed: "Maybe they can swap me for Rooney."

- Schweinsteiger 2010

TFIA, Fiat Cunto

In the words of the great Chef....."put em in your mouth and suck em!"

What number did we give him for the upcoming season>

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Looks like Moyes is going through the list of all midfielders SAF failed to sign and seeing if he can bring in one of them.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
This thread should not be in transfer forum. There's absolutely no chance of this happening. He's has to be plain stupid to leave Bayern to join us. Well, unless his boyhood dream was to play under Moyes.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Terrible terrible journalism! :devil:

Manchester United shelling out little more than dignity

Posted by Musa Okwonga
Schweinsteiger! If there were a name Manchester United fans would least want published in connection with their team, then this would be the one. Many of the club's supporters probably gnashed their teeth when The Mirror recently announced that, given the increasingly unlikely transfer ofCesc Fabregas from Barcelona, Manchester United might turn their attentions to Bayern Munich's Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Let's discount for a moment the thought that the rumour mill is being malicious and consider something -- and this is important whether the Schweinsteiger signing, with the odds steeply against it, happens or not: This is not how you do things. If you are truly interested in a player of the German's quality and prestige, then you approach him first, not at the end of a desperate and all-too-visible series of failings in the summer transfer market.

Some might say that when you're pursuing a player, it doesn't matter what you do, so long as you finally get your man. Well, that's one view. Another is that regardless of what price you seek to pay for a player, you should never pay with your dignity. But that's precisely what Manchester United are currently doing. These conspicuous struggles to make a high-profile purchase -- at present the only arrival is Uruguay's U20 right back Guillermo Varela -- do not give the impression of a club in control of its own destiny.

Perception is vital. As the old saying goes, "The strong move quiet, and the weak start riots." Across Europe, Manchester United's rivals have been moving quietly, making a series of acquisitions and ensuring that their targets are happy with the approaches. And this latter point is much of the problem for Manchester United: None of the players who have so far been linked with the team -- not Thiago, not Fabregas, not Marouane Fellaini, not Leighton Baines -- have made any significant indication that they are willing to move to Old Trafford.

And all of this matters. It matters because, as a leading European club, Manchester United have an aura to maintain, and by this stage of the season, they should have secured at least one of the targets. This isn't just a question of ensuring that they are integrated as early as possible into the squad: It's actually more intangible, and far more crucial, than that.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/manchesterunited/id/2581?cc=5901

61 - 80 of 82 Posts