Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unable to post this in matchday section so i will bung it here for mods to move delete later .

celtic cannot play away in cl full stop end of story and could only draw with aalburg at home .

yet you can bet your last penny when they come to o/t it wont be plain sailing .

for what its worth 2-1 utd win for me .

why do scottish sides raise game so much against english opponants even when there are so few scots in side ?

they have mcgeady who could spring a few suprises and a superb fan following

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
lets beat the bhoys :D
they didn't deserve that win versus Aberdeen :|

although they have many quality players and Aiden McGeady is one
but we are lucky that he is out of form recently but yet he can do surprises as i rate him from the world best wingers atm
and i love the "McGeady Spin" :)

also Samaras have been finding the back of the net lately allot and hes a good striker
with Vennegoor back with two goals he sound dangerous
also the pace produced by Aussies biggest star McDonald can be dangerous
and we can't deny Nakamura threat in set-piece
plus Maloney is great those days

and when talking about Celtic defenders you gotta keep an eye on McManus
and Boruc ain't easy goalie to score against

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
haggler said:
unable to post this in matchday section so i will bung it here for mods to move delete later .

celtic cannot play away in cl full stop end of story and could only draw with aalburg at home .

yet you can bet your last penny when they come to o/t it wont be plain sailing .

for what its worth 2-1 utd win for me .

why do scottish sides raise game so much against english opponants even when there are so few scots in side ?

they have mcgeady who could spring a few suprises and a superb fan following
Thats true, they never seem to give in. i also expect a hard fought victory against them.
I would be happy to win by the odd goal but i think they will find it hard to score against us at OT

·
Registered
141 Posts
should take six points off them if we take the chances that should come our way but id take a win at home and a draw up there.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
because of the history between the 2. There's like 1 english player in Arsenals entire squad yet they're still labeled an English side so there ya go.

England (in football) are like the Americans in general - everyone hates us. So even the non-scottish players will want to beat an English side, Also I'm sure some of the Scots will let there fellow players know what they think of the English in general and will urge them to perform.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
we can easily sweep them off..
its at our home.. smack them!
We've won them many times already
and i think they should have lost to
aberdeen or dundee!

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
We are capable of beating them home and away,but you just never know with Champs Leauge football.Apparently Celtic have only taken ONE champions leauge point from a possible 48 away from home!! Now that is pretty shocking!!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahwong said:
Getting 6 points shouldn't be too difficult
60000 jumping jocks at parkhead can be very intimidating so if we beat them away i will be well chuffed . we need to knacker nakamura so he cant take any frees :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I hate the Old Firm. The religious ties with the clubs are sick, the constant singing of "Billy Boys" and all the BS makes me disgusted. I hope we smash them, more so then a normal team.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
ahwong said:
Getting 6 points shouldn't be too difficult
don't underestimate them away
we did that last time and look what happed

also anyone know if home tickets are sold out or are they gonna go on general sale

·
Registered
42 Posts
Natalie said:
don't underestimate them away
we did that last time and look what happed

also anyone know if home tickets are sold out or are they gonna go on general sale
Fair point, but to be fair we have a much stronger squad now than we did then, and they struggled to beat Aalborg at home. I don't think they'll be too much trouble for us tbh.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
can't see united blowing this one...celtic( and rangers ) need to play in amore competative league full stop if theyre gonna be succesful long term......its the f.a. cup syndrome in terms of raising their game ...this is our chance let's beat the big boys and show em what we can do..or not as is usually the case

1 - 14 of 14 Posts